• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death Stranding - November 8-2019

DanielsM

Banned
The art direction is very nice, kind Oblivion-ish, I like that, some of the "connected" stuff seems interesting and strange, the bike looks cool. Not sure where the game play was/is though.

nowhat

Sounds like a heavy online component to this, then. I wonder if we'll actually get any form of straight up MP, though?
I'm guessing more along the lines of Dark Souls (not that the game would be anything like Dark Souls, just the MP component).

Gamernyc78

Banned
Didn't understand shit! But I'm in day one. Damn those facial animations and some of those graphics are top tier!!!! Cant wait to go in blind and figure shit out myself.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
here's the thing, MGSV was terrible when it comes to open world and Kojima simply don't know how to make such games

i disagree, MGSV was an amazing open world. tons of bases that were all more or less the size of an entire chapter of MGS4, all interconnected across two continents, plus the GZ map and the FOB maps (the latter basically the size of the entire MGS2). full open world stealth with roaming helicopters & patrols. lots of varying landscapes for side ops, elegantly fixing the problem from PW of repetitive level re-use. plus not once in hundreds of hours did i get stuck on any geometry. they have quality control down, during these phases where he is playing the game over and over, they make sure that shit is right. i don't see level design as being an issue.

i feel a heavy influence from MGS3's The Sorrow, that river of the damned, the way the dead are taken by the Earth. this looks like MGSV but as a 70s apocalyptic sci fi film. giving me Logan's Run or Planet of the Apes feels.

Last edited:

HUELEN10

Frame rate seems to be a wee bit rough, specifically during that motorcycle yellow guy chase scene. I know there’s still time for polish though. Looks intriguing.

Alebrije

I like story driven games and this one seems a good one....maybe gameplay will be like MGSV with more stealth elements than action ones.

Interesting concept.

Roni

Gold Member
I've pre-ordered. Game looks amazing!

At what point would have this been confirmed to come to PC? Other than wishful thinking?

There was definitely some talk about this game being a console exclusive to PS4, with a PC version to be released. But that hasn't been talked about for some time. Guess Sony liked it enough that they went for full exclusivity.

Last edited:

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
I still have no idea how the game will be really played, but I will get.

I hope that it's not another case of "awesome cutscenes, just an ok gameplay"

CyberPanda

Banned
Compared to MGS(Kojimas best work imo), this is gonna be a hard pass for me. The trailer while nice, did absolutely nothing for me. And, I don’t know why every game now has to throw politics into it. Gross. But, whoever gets this game I hope they enjoy it. :)

Airbus Jr

Banned
Compared to MGS(Kojimas best work imo), this is gonna be a hard pass for me. The trailer while nice, did absolutely nothing for me. And, I don’t know why every game now has to throw politics into it. Gross. But, whoever gets this game I hope they enjoy it. :)

Youre seriously going to throw away posibly one of the biggest game of the year?

Last edited:

CuNi

By the looks of it, I will have to wait till it's sub 30$ before getting it. I don't mean to offend anyone but to me, it doesn't look fun at all gameplay wise and the story seems to be so weird, I am not completely sure if even the writers know what it really is.

Geki-D

Banned
So, the baby is used to power time travel.

You then go back to WW1, WW2 and Vietnam and shoot bad guys.

Genuinely cringeworthy, but let's see how it plays.
To my understanding the baby is used to detect "BTs". BTs or some force related to them seemingly use risen soldiers from past wars as units. Not sure where you're getting time travel from.

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
tenor.gif

longdi

Banned
At what point would have this been confirmed to come to PC? Other than wishful thinking?

I think quantic dreams is releasing PC ports this year. Sony seems cool about that.
Hoping DS gets a PC release next year, 4K 60fps HDR, will 120fps if those 4K high refresh local dimming monitors finally arrive.

By the looks of it, I will have to wait till it's sub 30$ before getting it. I don't mean to offend anyone but to me, it doesn't look fun at all gameplay wise and the story seems to be so weird, I am not completely sure if even the writers know what it really is.

You just offended the poop out of me, buddy. Now prepare for my wrath.

Just kidding. I totally feel you. This game won’t be for everyone. I expect some polarized reviews as well. Some will call it an artistic narrative masterpiece, others will call it convoluted drivel.

So it goes....

Da-Kid

Youre seriously going to throw away posibly one of the biggest game of the year?
I'm in his same position but not going to hard pass. But basically this trailer failed to actually show what you do in the gameplay, what's the goal, what's the general mechanics, what you can do in the open world. Like this game has had some of the poorest presentation I've seen in a game in a while. It's very clear they're trying to sell it on the Star power and Kojima's name alone.

Every trailer has shown that.

Last edited:

CyberPanda

Banned
So, the baby is used to power time travel.

You then go back to WW1, WW2 and Vietnam and shoot bad guys.

Genuinely cringeworthy, but let's see how it plays.
Agreed. I play games to escape reality, and political crap. I’m just kind of glad Nintendo stays out of it, though. MS and Sony are notorious for politics in their games.

nowhat

I think quantic dreams is releasing PC ports this year. Sony seems cool about that.
Yeah, but was the development of any of the QD games bankrolled by Sony, at least to a larger extent? Further, did any of the QD games run on an engine designed purely for PS4 (and by extension PS5)?

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned
Decima engine is amazing. I hope next gen we'll see more studios using it. I'm really shocked how fast this whole thing came together for a Kojima game.

Yeah idk it seems like we felt it was at least a year or two away and bammmmm out later this year, that's crazy!!! Especially with how ppl say Kojima takes a long time to bring out a game. This was a pleasant surprise, that engine must be efficient and great!!!

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
I'm in his same position but not going to hard pass. But basically this trailer failed to actually show what you do in the gameplay, what's the goal, what's the general mechanics, what you can do in the open world. Like this game has had some of the poorest presentation I've seen in a game in a while. It's very clear they're trying to sell in on the Star power and Kojima's name alone.

Well this game isnt like anything else youve played before

I assume that suppose to makes you...abit more curious about it?

Last edited:

Geki-D

Banned
Sony published their games but QD aren't owned by Sony. They also used their own engine whilst DS is using a Sony made one. Also, I'm wondering if Sony even own those IPs at all seeing as they're headed to PC. It would appear they actually don't by the mere fact they're leaving PS4.

Gamernyc78

Banned
You just offended the poop out of me, buddy. Now prepare for my wrath.

Just kidding. I totally feel you. This game won’t be for everyone. I expect some polarized reviews as well. Some will call it an artistic narrative masterpiece, others will call it convoluted drivel.

So it goes....

And thts OK. As long as the ppl that buy it enjoy it and the ones that don't, don't feel like they missed anything worthwhile everyones happy.

The crazy story is what has me there day one!

nowhat

Top Bottom