• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deadpool Director Shifts to Sony's 'Sonic the Hedgehog' Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armadilo

Banned
Article

tim_miller_-_laff_-_getty_-_h_-_2016.jpg

The plan is to make a hybrid CG-animated/live-action family film, exec produced by Tim Miller.

Miller and his longtime Blur Studio collaborator Jeff Fowler have been tapped to work on the project, on which Fowler would make his feature directorial debut.

Ogodei

They're still running with that script that was basically The Smurfs but with Sonic, right?

Aside from the track record of such films, Sonic X basically already did that premise anyway, and did it quite well for what it was.

S1kkZ

dudes working on something else, kinda misleading but not really if you think about it

your title implies that he switches to direct sonic. in reality, an exec producer is pretty hands-off in most projects and is used mostly for marketing.

Armadilo

Banned
your title implies that he switches to direct sonic.

Well Deadpool was the first time that he ever directed and basically his biggest accomplishment and that's what he's known for and that's how Hollywood works, I think ? But what do I know

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Tim Miller: So now that we've passed on a hundred million dollar budding franchise, what else do we have on the plate?

Assistant: Uhhh

*Nervously flips through paperwork*

Assistant: Sonic...

*looks up slowly*

...the Hedgehog.

Tim Miller:
x9dMMlW.jpg

A Sonic movie could be legit good if made ala the SATAM cartoon of old.

A Sonic movie that is a blend of live action is insta-garbage.

Spinluck

A Sonic movie should be completely animated.

This will be a disaster from the studio that couldn't even handle Spider-Man so they rented him to Disney.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Don't attach your name to this, Tim. That's a straight "career fucked" downward slope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom