• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deadpool Director Shifts to Sony's 'Sonic the Hedgehog' Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soon on live action
1455156035972501831.png

Knuckles' face sums it all up.

JimiNutz

Banned
Live action as in there will be humans?
Or live action in the sense that all of the environments (forests etc) are real and Sonic is CG?

Please keep human actors out of this movie...
Unless it's one human playing Dr Robotnik.

With the extended movie format it presents the opportunity to truly delve into the inner workings of the Sonic universe in a purely narrative form. For example, what do Sonics bare feet look like?

Thats something im very interested in
A scene of him washing his sweaty bare feet would be cool

He's only producing, damn it. :/ You just had to get my hopes up, OP.

Basically the co-founder of Blur Studio's is directing this one and Miller is just taking a producer's role. It makes sense to me, given that Blur Studio's specializes in making cinematic cut scenes for video games.

If done right, a Sonic movie could actually be pretty decent.. as long as Sony pictures doesn't fuck it up. I would add Sega to that statement too, but I think the people at Sega actually want this to be good.

Busty

Banned
If done right, a Sonic movie could actually be pretty decent.. as long as Sony pictures doesn't fuck it up. I would add Sega to that statement too, but I think the people at Sega actually want this to be good.

I hope they stick this on the film's poster.

Guys, Sony have moved from Adam Sandler franchises to Seth Rogen franchises to Ghostbuster /Smilies movies to Sonic movie.

Sony has finally reach 9000!

CG/Live action family movies is a recipe for disaster. Why not go full CG, it would be way better. Way better.

"B-but, the Smur-"

GET THAT NASTY ASS SHIT OUT MY FACE!!

Sony clearly thinks they hired the other Miller, right?

The director of babe and mad max series could actually somehow make this dumb idea work

Kinda excited for this incoming trainwreck tbh. Hopefully they give him a human love interest, the nutty online fanbase will be gold for years after.

your title implies that he switches to direct sonic. in reality, an exec producer is pretty hands-off in most projects and is used mostly for marketing.

Who told you that, someone on a forum? They work plenty. Obviously some are just a name, but that's not the norm.

Sounds to me it's exactly what the fans of that franchise want, expect and deserve.

God damn I can't stop laughing.

Sonic falling in love with a real tween on screen is everything that's wrong with the franchise, and somehow Hollywood felt the need to cater the movie series to those fans.

Wait, Sony are making a Sonic the Hedgehog film?

What's one more knife in the heart of Sega at this point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom