• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space Writer Antony Johnston Says His New Game Will Be Shown at PS5 Event

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The writer behind Dead Space has revealed that a game he has worked on will feature during Thursday's PS5 event.

Antony Johnston, who wrote the script for Dead Space and has credits on Shadow of Mordor and Binary Domain, tweeted that he's been "working on a big videogame for almost 2 years now," and suggested that those interested should "watch the PS5 launch event on Thursday."
As some of you know, I’ve been working on a big videogame for almost 2 years now.
In totally unrelated news, you should all watch the PS5 launch event on Thursday.

— Antony Johnston (@AntonyJohnston) June 9, 2020

Johnston added in the subsequent replies that the game has you "play a character having a really bad time" which is... not a lot to go off, honestly, but we'll take it! In another quoted retweet suggesting the game will be a horror, Johnston noted that it was "weird how everyone automatically assumes it'll be a horror game."

The tweets are deleted.

Seen this popping up on social media, really curious to see what it is. Could he be connected to the new Silent Hill?

Sorry if that is a dumb question

Last edited:

INC

So the dev deep dive was a hint, by showing dead space "as an example", the meme becomes a reality

Clever

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
Someone told me he was working for 2K. If that's true, then maybe Bioshock? But I really got no clue. On topic, I fuckin wish we got a Dead Space 4.

Hostile_18

Banned
Dead Space and Shadow of Mordor arnt really known for their writing but it's good to have confirmation of a new game I guess.

Check out new start up development studio Striking Distance. It's founded by Glen Shcofieldm, director of Dead Space, and full of ex Dead Space and Sledgehammer devs

It's a new AAA studio to keep an eye out on along side Probably Monsters, who has a ton of ex Bungie devs

Last edited:
Definitely had those dead space vibes. I can't put my finger on it, but I'm gonna say returnal as it has some strange horror or Lovecraft feeling to it.

MDSLKTR

pragmata-1591909812930.jpg

Can't be anything else, right?

Top Bottom