• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space Remake also coming to PS4 according to PlayStation Latinoamérica (Update: Confirmed a mistake)

saintjules

But still $70 on next gen systems.

nelc7gnbyoy51.jpg

Hey at least you won't have to hear a loud fan going off in your room. Plus the Ps4 won't be able to handle 60fps on this right?

GymWolf

Your guess is as good as mine. I'm just going by some interviews.
Like, rats don't exactly act like a zombie horde in days gone so a better ia can have a big impact, they are just obstacles to surpass by resolving puzzles or like running from them in a cinematic chase scene, you are not gonna run and gun with rats...they are not an enemy that actively try to catch you if you are under the light and when you are in the dark, there is probably a small invisible timer before getting eaten that has to be always the same no matter how smart the rats are for puzzle solving consistency.

I'm genuinely curious.

Last edited:

Miles708

These kind of threads are always entertaining.

To all the people complaining (again) about cross gen: next time plan your purchases on available products, instead of the promises of a marketing campaign. Y'all have only yourselves to blame.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
The game is releasing in 3 months, if it was coming to last gen they would have announced it officially.

I think it's just an error on that specific youtube channel's part.

Fbh

Wouldn't be surprising.
The game looks good but at its core it's still a linear(ish) Ps3 era game. And while the graphics looked nice, they didn't look like something beyond what a machine that can run stuff like Forbidden West, TLOU2, Red Dead 2, erc could handle.

Hey at least you won't have to hear a loud fan going off in your room. Plus the Ps4 won't be able to handle 60fps on this right?

I love how all the advantages of the Ps5 version come from the hardware you already paid for and not some massive investment on part of the developer that would actually justify the extra $10.

Sony said recently they want to continue supporting PS4, RE4 remake announced for PS4 but not XBox One and now Dead Space remake looking so too.
make of what you will

Sounds more like the devs don't want to abandon the PS4s massive install base than Sony forcing them to support it.

ungalo

Yeah i thought so. Because Need For Speed isn't announced for old gen and Wild Hearts either. I know Capcom did the same with some games but NFS is coming in December, it would have been weird.
I think EA policy is to go fully next gen, even if obviously the games are not next gen at their core, which is a good thing i think.

Arun1910

Yeah i thought so. Because Need For Speed isn't announced for old gen and Wild Hearts either. I know Capcom did the same with some games but NFS is coming in December, it would have been weird.
I think EA policy is to go fully next gen, even if obviously the games are not next gen at their core, which is a good thing i think.
See my above post. It was a mistake.

Trogdor1123

What’s wrong with that? It looks great. They will just make a 30 fps and 60 fps version with better resolution. Sounds like a win win to me

Surprises me more than the other way around. Minimum specs for PC are rather high I guess, so it does not overlap with the original Dead Space max settings, but it looks just like the original Dead Space with extra fidelity of course but could be a 10$ upgrade. I doubt this game could not easily be downported. Interesting that they chose not to.

ZoukGalaxy

Surprising.

But I'm OK with that if true considering the difficult PS5 market made of scalpers.
Dead Space, assuming the remake is good, deserve to be played by everybody !

Last edited:

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
These kind of threads are always entertaining.

To all the people complaining (again) about cross gen: next time plan your purchases on available products, instead of the promises of a marketing campaign. Y'all have only yourselves to blame.
What? Every Playstation console was done with cross games two years into its cycle. The PS5 is an outlier, how could I have predicted that on launch day of the PS5? At a time Sony themselves proclaimed Horizon FW and GT7 being PS5 only titles !

Kataploom

Gold Member
Serious question, why did they even bother to release new consoles? What's all this new hardware for? A resolution bump?
Well, for once, framerate is a different beast this time around, I'm ok with cross gen games as long as they run well at 60fps in current gen consoles... Haven't gotten one yet but soon will, probably

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Serious question, why did they even bother to release new consoles? What's all this new hardware for? A resolution bump?
To bump up their revenues. New consoles cost $500. Way higher than the $200 they could charge for old consoles.

Also gives them an excuse to increase the price to $70.

ChiefDada

Gold Member
It was obvious from looking at it.
Still it looked decent to me, and a nice jump up from the already decent looking orig game.

Oh, nice. This helps explain the poor frame rate in the gameplay videos. As long as that's justified by giving more players access to the game I'll give the design problem a pass. With any luck the audience will be big enough with all these available platforms to justify a full-on remake of Dead Space 2.

That explain why it doesn't look any more impressive than a ps4 game.

Called it in the recent gameplay trailer thread. Looked last gen to its core.

[/URL]

Will this mix-up serve as a lesson for GAF-ers to not blame every perceived shortcoming on cross-gen? Lol, nah who am I kidding. Never change, GAF.

To bump up their revenues. New consoles cost $500. Way higher than the $200 they could charge for old consoles.

New gen consoles are sold at a loss though but ok...

Also gives them an excuse to increase the price to $70.

Hmm I would say inflation and the fact that prices have remained stagnant the past 2 generations are the far more logical reasons.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Its going to come out on last gen consoles sooner or later - it will happen. It looks like a last gen game, its made by EA who have no need to boost current gen Console sales. And once its confirmed I will quote myself again. If not I'll eat a burger from Mac Donald's !!!

Edit: And what the fuck does "A PlayStation trailer listing that suggested EA Motive's upcoming Dead Space remake will launch for PS4 as well as PS5 is a mistake, Eurogamer understands." even mean? lol. Do they have confirmation from Sony / EA?

Last edited:

GymWolf

Why people are happy that this is a fake news? Being crossgen would have been at least a good excuse to look like this, now we just know that this is a low budget nextgen remake, not sure what is worse...

Last edited:

MikeM

Guys- its not coming to PS4 per the update in the first post. Everyone can chill with the “I told to so” armchair DF analysis.

Edit: so apprently it is coming out for ps4 per the trailer? So much confusion.

Last edited:

omegasc

according to the new trailer in US PS Youtube, it was no mistake... Even says "depending on your system". In the end, there's references to PS4.
edit: to make it clear: I don't care. I just read the thread saying it's a mistake and then saw the video on yt

Last edited:

GymWolf

Oh Christ nothing about this game looks low budget.
I know it looks great compared to the vanilla title, never said otherwise, but it doesn't look great for a nextgen game dude.

If you are mighty impressed like you were impressed by the flashlight in tlou remake, be my guest, but try to understand that people have different standards.

Also if you think that a remake of a single player brand that never moved big numbers has a big budget under fucking EA, you are a bit naive dude.

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Obviously. EA is pretty much the last publisher I expect to release a current-gen-only game and miss out on all those last-gen sales. I mean, they're still releasing new FIFA games on PS2.

(Ok, they're not, but almost.)

Topher

Gold Member
according to the new trailer in US PS Youtube, it was no mistake... Even says "depending on your system". In the end, there's references to PS4.

"Depending on your system" is probably referring to the fact that the game is not exclusive to PS5. Eurogamer says PS4 in the trailer is a mistake.

Top Bottom