• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Cells |OT| A Metroguevania

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Bump as I forgot to post when I got back into this last month. Finally played it after the 2.0 Update and was able to beat it with the now much easier 0 cells run. Played for a while after that, and never made it back though!

Did a few runs after the latest update (Rise of the Giant) DLC, but didn't make it to the new Caverns area. Ended up grabbing Hades on the Epic game store and that got my roguelike time for a while. Want to get back to both, but had surgery on my left arm and need it to heal up more before playing games that require a lot of left hand/thumb usage. I'll probably make an OT for Hades when I get back to it (assuming there isn't one already).

Bump as I forgot to post when I got back into this last month. Finally played it after the 2.0 Update and was able to beat it with the now much easier 0 cells run. Played for a while after that, and never made it back though!

Did a few runs after the latest update (Rise of the Giant) DLC, but didn't make it to the new Caverns area. Ended up grabbing Hades on the Epic game store and that got my roguelike time for a while. Want to get back to both, but had surgery on my left arm and need it to heal up more before playing games that require a lot of left hand/thumb usage. I'll probably make an OT for Hades when I get back to it (assuming there isn't one already).

How ya liking Hades? I've heard its pretty baller.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
How ya liking Hades? I've heard its pretty baller.

It's very good. Pretty much an isometric hack and slash dead cells (minus the metroidish exploration part). Lots of permanent unlocks and upgrades to grind out which I like as I prefer having clear progress in my roguelikes.

It's very good. Pretty much an isometric hack and slash dead cells (minus the metroidish exploration part). Lots of permanent unlocks and upgrades to grind out which I like as I prefer having clear progress in my roguelikes.

I meant to get it during the EGS sale but wasn't able to snag it before the price fix.......

The combat kinda looks like a faster paced Bastion which has me super interested.

fatty

I’m really liking this game. Got my second boss cell but the game is kicking my butt on ‘Very Hard’. I love my bows (quick bow :messenger_smiling_hearts:, it is so satisfying to use), they are great for the levels but didn’t work so well on the last boss when playing Hard.

Not that I’ve played a lot of games this year but this is my game of the year.

Last edited:

Katsura

If there was any justice in the world, this thread would be 20+ pages long. It's such a fantastic game and the way they've supported it puts most other devs to shame

Just got it for Switch. Addictive. Don't know if I will deal with the repetition of playing through the initial parts every time.

But it's clear how you improve on each run, trying new things is so mich fun.

Controls are great, support for the game is great...overall a great purchase and a fantastic game!

fatty

That was crazy. I have been playing for a while and only have one of the four weapons he was using. Thanks for posting.

I am now in the process of farming for cells so I can clear out my remaining inventory before going for the ++weapons upgrade and the third boss cell.

Top Bottom