• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

|OT| Community Dan Ryckert |OT|

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Sep 5, 2014
USA
So how are you guys liking Fire Escape? I find myself mostly bored by how aimless it feels, and turned off by the amount of trips down memory lane they got on. I think Dan is much better in his element of just coming up with whacky shit on streams.
Yeah, I dropped off hard. Same with Nextlander.

Reactions: Thaedolus

TexMex

Aug 30, 2019
So how are you guys liking Fire Escape? I find myself mostly bored by how aimless it feels, and turned off by the amount of trips down memory lane they got on. I think Dan is much better in his element of just coming up with whacky shit on streams.

Agreed on all counts. Fire Escape is a total bore. Zero focus and way overlong.

TexMex

Aug 30, 2019

Not sure if this works when it's forced like that.

ooooof. That sounds terrible. All of these new “shows” that they’re kicking off in rapid succession are so half baked sounding. How far we’ve come from “Giant Bomb, it’s a website! About video games!” It’s anything but at this point.

bender

Candy Corn Aficionado
Apr 12, 2010
I didn't realize Fire Escape was a thing beyond the GOTY stuff. Those are mostly okay though Dan does tend to get on my nerves a bit. While my taste vary a lot from theirs, it did expose me to a few new games (Death's Door, Unpacking, Inscryption).

Last edited:
Reactions: Maiden Voyage