• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 - Review Thread

Should we lock this thread?

• Yes

Votes: 196 23.8%
  • No

Votes: 628 76.2%

• Total voters

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Do your worst woke gaming journalists.

Nothing stops this train.

chrome-wtfb-U7-F6o-Y.png
Choo Choo Choomba!

Bergoglio

The ads are one of many, many aesthetic choices in Cyberpunk 2077 that are grating with no real point. There's one ad in particular that was the topic of much discussion pre-release; it features a feminine person with a giant, exaggerated, veiny erection in their leotard and advertises a drink called Chromanticore with the tagline "mix it up." It is everywhere. And while the "purpose" of it may be to show what a sex-obsessed, superficial, exploitative place Night City is, there's nothing in the main story or any of the side quests I did that gives it even that much context--I found just one message on one of the many computers I logged into that commented on how low-brow Night City culture is. The result is that there's a fetishization of trans people at every turn, in a game with only one very minor trans character (that I found, at least) and no way to play as an authentically trans character yourself.

tenor.gif

She didn't fucking understand this, you have to review a game, don't intoxicate me with your fucking pro trans ideology.

Can this reviewer be reported?

GymWolf

Gold Member
To be fair, a lot of people gave days gone bad reviews including ign
Yeah but her reasons were absolutely laughable, he talked shit about the game kn her twitter account without even understanding anythong in the game (all of her example were out of context or downright wrong).

Senua

Gold Member
From what I can tell, that lifepath choice didn't affect more than the way the game starts and some dialogue options throughout

What kind of lazy journalism is this, did it didn't it? It's literally their job but the dude sounds like he couldn't be arsed.
It's a chick!

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Oh Jesus we’re already doing this thing where we pick apart the lowest reviews searching for reasons why they shouldn’t really count.
It's not much that but more so the credibility, or in this case the lack thereof, of the reviewer in question. If someone spends their career either nitpicking over the dumbest shit like too much water or allowing their political views cloud what should be an overall impartial journalistic look at a product, then I'm going to take their opinion on said product with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

Bragr

Banned
Started reading the Gamespot and Polygon reviews but had to stop, I can not fathom how credible sites can publish such articles.

The Witcher 3, I remember how reviewers ignored the writing and were oddly clueless about half the game, I think you will see the same here, the best part of the game wont even be picked up on.

McCarth

The ads are one of many, many aesthetic choices in Cyberpunk 2077 that are grating with no real point. There's one ad in particular that was the topic of much discussion pre-release; it features a feminine person with a giant, exaggerated, veiny erection in their leotard and advertises a drink called Chromanticore with the tagline "mix it up." It is everywhere. And while the "purpose" of it may be to show what a sex-obsessed, superficial, exploitative place Night City is, there's nothing in the main story or any of the side quests I did that gives it even that much context--I found just one message on one of the many computers I logged into that commented on how low-brow Night City culture is. The result is that there's a fetishization of trans people at every turn, in a game with only one very minor trans character (that I found, at least) and no way to play as an authentically trans character yourself.

tenor.gif
This was the part of the review that was so disappointing to me. I don't understand how you can go into a cyberpunk game and NOT expect stuff like this? It's the very core of the genre.

Of course I full well know this opinion was predetermined and was destined to end up somewhere in the text.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Started reading the Gamespot and Polygon reviews but had to stop, I can not fathom how credible sites can publish such articles.

The Witcher 3, I remember how reviewers ignored the writing and were oddly clueless about half the game, I think you will see the same here, the best part of the game wont even be picked up on.
They aren't credible.... That is the problem.
Journalist is code for Activist in recent years.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Can you hear that?

I hear the sobs of the trans community, woke journalists and the majority of the ResetEra userbase over them not being able to stop this hypetrain.

Another masterpiece from CDPR, they don't let me down!
They might be very vocal but in the end normal people doesn't give a shit about them and just wanna have fun with their games.

who_me

Remember when games were games. Now we are deducting scores for not representing a certain group of people.

Also if AOC can score high with puss poor performance, this game will be fine

I know it sucks but you can’t please everyone.
Grade the game how it is, not on personal issues

Saber

Gamespot review in a nutshell:

"Trans, trans, trans... trans, trans!! Trans? Trans, trans. TRANS!!!!! Trans trans, trans-trans, snart, trans."

I didn't read their full rewiew...the score was really because of that? If so thats a big yikes and Lol

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
"Crunch is bad!"

"Why wasn't more time spent working out the bugs!"

Hahaha, holy fck...

This is the one who reviewed it:

reviews editor at
@gamespot
, sometimes host ✧⁎ Team Magma ☆ she/her

She's hot though so I'll allow it

The Crazy/Hot scale is an unbiased tool that will stand the test of time.

Seems like the game is doing really well overall so eh.

Last edited:
Top Bottom