• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 currently looks really bad on PS5 (not a shitpost).

PS5 version is essentially PS4 pro version so it's not surprising. Hold your PS5 vs XSX comparison till next gen patch arrives.

Game was always going to tank on last gen consoles. It's disappointing but not completely unexpected. I beleive it will run better on XSX due to Xbox one X being the superior version

Runs with frame pacing issues on XSX version with mid 40fps in certain sections. So yeah wouldn't quite call XSX as the superior version for now. Wait for DF and NX Gamer to share their analysis!

pratyush

Runs with frame pacing issues on XSX version with mid 40fps in certain sections. So yeah wouldn't quite call XSX as the superior version for now. Wait for DF and NX Gamer to share their analysis!
That's what I am saying. Comparison right now doesn't make sense. After next gen patch, maybe we can revisit it.

Have PS4 pro but won't touch the game on it. I would happily pay 60$ when next gen patch is available and I can somehow get one of the next gen consoles

i can tell right now what nxgamer is gonna say: playstation 5 is the most superb experience. The absolute best. It has better texture quality than series x, be-ar framepacing, be-ar aniso filtering, be-ar framerate with more detail. And it runs be-ar than my comparable PC at the same settings. Mainly due to the low le-al API which is superb on playstation.

Seriously, best you wait for DF or some serious websites, not nxgamer bullshiting through a video with no clue what he's talking about

i can tell right now what nxgamer is gonna say: playstation 5 is the most superb experience. The absolute best. It has better texture quality than series x, be-ar framepacing, be-ar aniso filtering, be-ar framerate with more detail. And it runs be-ar than my comparable PC at the same settings. Mainly due to the low le-al API which is superb on playstation.

Seriously, best you wait for DF or some serious websites, not nxgamer bullshiting through a video with no clue what he's talking about

Calm down man, NX gamer is just insightful as DF in his analysis. He's not biased in favor of a particular product or brand over another in his analysis

Yoboman

Gold Member
If this game didnt have a giant budget made over the entire last gen, they probably could have done that. But next gen systems right now is maybe only 3 million systems sold + PC.

They'd ignore 150 million potential base system users. And they can't do that because this game was promoted so long ago, it basically has to tag on base systems to go with it.

It would be weird to release a trailer for a game in Jan 2013, it skips the entire last gen era, and comes out for next gen consoles in 2020.
Yeah that's fine. But they should have done it right then, this looks really half assed andike they are counting on PS5 and Series X to brute force them over the finish line. Except most people will still play it on a last gen system

I've played it on the Series X for 8 hours so far and it looks great and its been pretty much smooth sailing. I had the screen freeze a couple of times for 3seconds and minor bugs like clipping but nothing wild or game breaking. Character models and the world look insane
Exact same experience, buts have been mild and mostly just textures clipping now and again on a vehicle here and there.
Series X on image quality mode (not performance mode) is stunning and looks insane

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism

You know what you should do? You should post screens from his video analysis and highlight -- with proper annotation -- places where NXGamers lies that PS5 is using better textures than XSX etc.

That'll add credibility to your claims that NXGamer is biased, if it is indeed true as you say. Otherwise, at the moment, you seem like an irrational fanboy who is throwing accusations at someone who didn't prefer his plastic box.

YeulEmeralda

Linux User
Wow a Western open world game launchs broken?! I am shocked.

It will all be fixed in 6 months like always, and nobody will care by then like always.

Vtecomega

Banned
Been playing this on ps5 and it is indeed blurry but still looks fantastic in my opinion. If this ran close to 4k it would be the best looking game on consoles hands down.

It runs a near flawless 60fps and have not encountered a single bug outside of a random floating phone 🙈

Resolution seem higher on ps5

EXm7sQ2.jpg

1r6sJrS.jpg

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Wow a Western open world game launchs broken?! I am shocked.

It will all be fixed in 6 months like always, and nobody will care by then like always.
Best way to play console is a next gen patch next year. That's what I'm doing. And by that time, there will probably be more general polish patches too.

Last edited:
You know what you should do? You should post screens from his video analysis and highlight -- with proper annotation -- places where NXGamers lies that PS5 is using better textures than XSX etc.

That'll add credibility to your claims that NXGamer is biased, if it is indeed true as you say. Otherwise, at the moment, you seem like an irrational fanboy who is throwing accusations at someone who didn't prefer his plastic box.

I was exagerating for dramatic effect obviously. At this point nobody did any analysis on cyberpunk as far as i know. I dont game on consoles, any console, ever. Im a throughbreed pc gamer. Mouse and keyboard is the only way i will play anything, ever. I have no stake in consoles. The fact that he's a sony superfan is by his own words. He thinks sony makes creme de la creme of games and that they're at the forefront of technology. A random person who started doing youtube videos and at some point he thought to himself - "hey, i should start doing "technical analysis" even though i dont really know what im saying, let me google some articles so that i have the terminology on point at least and lets go"

Last edited:

TJC

Wow your salty, NX gamer breaks it down even better than DF In most cases. He actually sounds like he understands how a game is built and what goes into it.

Both are great analysis but you obviously dislike him because he highlights the flaws in your preferred platforms performance.

THEAP99

Banned

Bro, if ps5 is the "superb experience" then holy crap I can't imagine what xbox gamers are seeing

TJC

I was exagerating for dramatic effect obviously. At this point nobody did any analysis on cyberpunk as far as i know. I dont game on consoles, any console, ever. Im a throughbreed pc gamer. Mouse and keyboard is the only way i will play anything, ever. I have no stake in consoles. The fact that he's a sony superfan is by his own words. He thinks sony makes creme de la creme of games and that they're at the forefront of technology. A random person who started doing youtube videos and at some point he thought to himself - "hey, i should start doing "technical analysis" even though i dont really know what im saying, let me google some articles so that i have the terminology on point at least and lets go"
Are you claiming NX is a typical YouTuber? He works In the Industry, you sound like a fool. Go and watch MLID Podcast that he did with NXgamer you will realise why you are wrong. He even made the code that he uses to catch the FPS and all that jaz himself, can you make that code?

MonarchJT

Banned
That's really disappointing. I was watching some PC footage that also looked really mediocre with lots of LOD issues, pop-in, and barren environments. To me it didn't look anything special.

I thought CDPR were supposed to be technical wizards? Seems to be a universally unoptimized game. I guess we should have expected that with all the delays. I have the game pre-loaded but I'm thinking of just waiting a few months until it's patched for good (next gen patch)

I assume you are playing with the Day 1 patch?
on pc it is the best looking game ever done . period. you will hear the same from every technical review ...wait for df saying the same

waquzy

i want to enjoy it the main quest seems interesting but it's such a bad way to experience it rn
Hmm, so you are not happy with the performance then?! You should have bought the physical copy instead then, that’s what I’ve done and if I’m not happy with it I will put it on eBay, will only lose about £10 if that. Always go with physical copy, digital is rubbish. Well in my opinion amyways

The PS4 version uses dynamic resolution and framerate - targeting 1200p/60fps on PS5 with almost no drops in both resolution and framerate.

The quality mode on XSX is 1200p/30fps locked. Performance mode is 1200p/60fps with resolution dropping down to 1080p and framerate in the mld 40s.
More like 1600p30fps

THEAP99

Banned
Hmm, so you are not happy with the performance then?! You should have bought the physical copy instead then, that’s what I’ve done and if I’m not happy with it I will put it on eBay, will only lose about £10 if that. Always go with physical copy, digital is rubbish. Well in my opinion amyways
i have the digital ps5 :lollipop_frowning_mouth:

TTOOLL

I’d love to play this game but I’m sure my ps4pro will not deliver this time and I understand. I can wait.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
They did show console footage though

Regardless of console or PC rig, this game has bad pop in. The game seems to have too many textures, neon signs, etc.... I don't know if it can even be fixed well in future patches. Even the uber PC rigs have it.

Last edited:
I dont think its justifiable. RDR2 looks better than this. In fact a lot of games do
Its not even up for debate. RDR2 looks light years better than this. Seriously.

On my PS4 Pro this game is a fucking mess.
The framerates tank.
Everything is blurry.
The textures are complete and utter shit even up close the the camera.
There are NPCs popping in sometimes right in front of me.

I can't play this. I really can't. I'm not going to ruin the story by playing through it like this.
Game is already updated to latest patch as well so clearly thrdr fucktards didn't fix a God damn thing. It's like the game is running in base PS4 mode.
And yet it says 'PS4 Pro Enhanced'.

Enhanced my ass.

Last edited:

PaintTinJr

come on man. he has no idea what he's talking about and he's felating sony like the most superb lover. A youtuber pretending he knows shit
I've been looking at face-offs for years and from what I can see, NXgamer is more credible because he has had success outside of gaming and so isn't (currently) at risk struggling to put food on his table if reporting the truth might mess up his analysis gig, or maybe upset people that might be some of his inside sources.

With a game releasing in this state, I expect him to get part way through analysis and say he's abandoning because it isn't worth buying, and isn't worth analysing in beta mode. I very much doubt he will get a £3k PC to power through its issues and then state it is some amazing graphical feat to help market a broken game. DF(Richard) gushed over the Witcher 3 in a broken state too IIRC, and has done with broken launch AC games on PC in the past, too.

The few NXgamer videos I've watched tell me he's far more technical than anyone at DF, and he gives off a good impression IMHO by being transparent about his own issues - like when he was having issue with the Rec 2020 HDR colour range of his ACV upload on XSX

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

For what though?

The mid gen upgrade consoles were not bought by everyone and the next gen consoles are not readily available everywhere.

CDPR should have cancelled the PS4/Xbox One versions of the game. If not then they should have allowed the press to get media/opinions of those versions out there prior to release so that people at least knew what they would be getting themselves into.

I meant scrapped in those consoles as a whole. PS4Pro. XOX included. But money talks.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism

Again, I'll recommend posting screenshots and his comments and highlight what exactly he said wrong and when and what was the correct statement that he ignored, misunderstood, or manipulated.

Based on your comment, it seems like you have an in-depth understanding of game development and technical analysis and can easily catch if a technical game analyst is "bullshitting" and lying to us. Shouldn't be too hard for you to highlight 2-3 instances where he lied in his recent comparison/analysis videos.

Thanks in advance.

• LOL
Reactions: TJC

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Vegetation is stiff and lifeless on PS5. Very static, zero wind movement. On Series X it´s implemented.

Share videos, dude. No one is going to trust random comments like these.

You must have seen such a video on YouTube, because I doubt you will have the game on both XSX and PS5 to test it yourself. Share the sauce.

OPs impressions and some others I have read really kinda take down my hype. It’s a shame that there is no next gen version of it available yet. I hope they might add a quality mode, that at least has better graphical settings. Especially after playing Demons souls, Spider-Man on the PS5, this will just look goofy. It’s like having a RTX 2070/2080, but being forced to play with the lowest settings. Even on my GTX 1070 I could play it at max settings (maybe not 60fps, but still). Well, at least it’s running at 60fps on the PS5, so that’s something.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Its not even up for debate. RDR2 looks light years better than this. Seriously.

On my PS4 Pro this game is a fucking mess.
The framerates tank.
Everything is blurry.
The textures are complete and utter shit even up close the the camera.
There are NPCs popping in sometimes right in front of me.

I can't play this. I really can't. I'm not going to ruin the story by playing through it like this.
Game is already updated to latest patch as well so clearly thrdr fucktards didn't fix a God damn thing. It's like the game is running in base PS4 mode.
And yet it says 'PS4 Pro Enhanced'.

Enhanced my ass.

I sort of saw it coming, and I'm not the only one who did.

I love CDPR, and I'm so hyped for CP2077 (but waiting for a proper next-gen version, at least until I eventually cave). My big gripe right now is with gaming journalists who are showering praises and 10/10 and 9/10 scores, while completely ignoring performance issues.

I mean, didn't Days Gone found itself in hot waters because reviewers based their reviews on bugs and performance issues?

I understand that CP2077 will likely be a better game than Days Gone, but if CP2077 is 9.5 or 10/10, then Days Gone was easily 8 or 8.5 / 10. Either way, there should be some consistency.

Meh, not surprising in the slightest. The Witcher 3 was awful technically at launch, I guess people have glossed over that fact in the years in between.

Top Bottom