• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 boxart + pre-order bonuses leaked?

Evilms

Banned
Not sure if this fake or not :pie_thinking:
D8fu4XJXsAAKPho.jpg

Last edited:

Paperboy

The bright cover will definitely stand out on the store shelves, which kind of is the purpose with a cover.

molasar

Banned
Remember those are European box arts. Sometimes they differ from North American box arts and Asia box arts.

Otherwise looks legit.
This photo shows boxes with a CD Projekt logo in the bottom right corner because they publish everything in Poland themselves.
The second photo has a Bandai Namco logo, so it is a version for 24 countries in Europe, Australia and New Zealand. North American vesrsion should have a Warner Bros logo. In Turkey, a publishing company is Bilkom.

Last edited:

4QGamers

My guess. Initial release announcement of 2019 in order to get preorder revenue. Planned announced delay months later. Actual planned release of Q1 2020 before fiscal end.

CD Projekt Red isn't mentioning the reversible cover art on purpose. FemPunk is on the other side. At least, that's my theory. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Airbus Jr

Banned
looks like a real cover imo

looking great

Confirmed coming this year? Sooner than i expected

Last edited:
no way they would reveal the boxart and pre-order stuff if the game was for spring 2020 right?

Why not, it wouldn't be the first time. I mean new Call of Duty cover got shown 6 months before release so it wouldn't be out of place for this to leak as I am almost positive the release date will be revealed at E3.

TeamGhobad

Banned
X9 is the name of the new xbox?

Why not, it wouldn't be the first time. I mean new Call of Duty cover got shown 6 months before release so it wouldn't be out of place for this to leak as I am almost positive the release date will be revealed at E3.

ya but this more like 9-10 months away.

Last edited:

molasar

Banned
Warner has the rights to publich Cyberpunk i think....how its not on the boxart?
The first photo shows boxes with a CD Projekt logo in the bottom right corner because they publish everything in Poland themselves.
The second photo has a Bandai Namco logo, so it is a version for 24 countries in Europe (minus Turkey and Poland), Australia and New Zealand. North American vesrsion should have a Warner Bros logo. In Turkey, a publishing company is Bilkom.

molasar

Banned
Fake AF. How can you even put "OVER 100 GOTY AWARDS" label on the box if the game is not even out yet for everyone (including press) to check it out first? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

PS. Fuck anything standard, I'll be buying collector's edition.
Never trust Gaming Site Journalist.

But of all this, i can see that wil be a excellent game
Those awards are for The Witcher 3. That is why it contains a part "from the team behind The Witcher 3". Just a marketing trick of Bandai Namco.

Kadayi

Banned
The main alarm bell for me is that assuming the dating is European the 9/11 would equate to 9th of November, which would put Cyberpunk on a crash course with Death Stranding which comes out on the 8th, which seems like a bad idea at least as far as the PS4 crowd goes. Also as a rule, big games traditionally come out on either a Tuesday or a Friday when it comes to physical distribution, so Wednesday the 11th of September or Saturday the 9th of November seems quite unlikely, and I'm fairly certain the CDP Graphics Team aren't likely to have errored the date without someone flagging it up.

VertigoOA

Banned
Confirmed this holiday!? Oh hell yea! Rpg of the gen incoming (fuck that kingdom hearts trash).

With Cyberpunk, Death stranding and Destiny shadowkeep... this fall might be my favorite.... when Bloodborne, destiny 1, mgsv and Witcher 3 dropped was comparable. Time for round two.

Best generation...

Last edited:
Reactions: RSB

Aintitcool

Banned
CyberPunk is most probably next fall and not this fall. I don't think they have the manpower to release what they showed in demo out that quick.

Verdanth

The only way I see that being the real cover is if the cover is reversable and it has a female version of it.

Otherwise not gonna happen.

Development of this game began after they finished production of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Blood and Wine.
Maybe full fledged development, but the initial trailer dropped 6 years ago. I would assume that development should have started before the trailer released at least.

Last edited:

CyberPanda

Banned
Maybe full fledged development, but the initial trailer dropped 6 years ago.

Cyberpunk 2077 entered pre-production as soon as developer CD Projekt Red had finished The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Blood and Wine.[28] Around this time, approximately fifty staff members were involved;[29] they later devoted a team larger than that of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt,[30] and after it was released, began upgrading their REDengine 3 to complement Cyberpunk 2077.[31] They learned early on how aspects like stream processing and global illumination would function without disturbing the central processing unit.[32] CD Projekt Red was granted subventions of US$7 million by the Polish government, whose funding application confirmed they were using REDengine 4.[33] In June 2017, early designs were stolen and threatened to be released to the public, but the developer refused to comply with the ransom demand.[34][35]The development reportedly reached a milestone in late 2017,[36] and in March 2018, a new studio was opened in Wrocław to aid the production.[37] That July, nearly 350 employees were developing it,[38] and by the following month, the story was fully realised and could facilitate a complete playthrough.[1] In October 2018, CD Projekt Red announced the establishment of a long-term partnership with Canadian studio Digital Scapes to craft additional technology for Cyberpunk 2077.[39] By early 2019, the staff exceeded 400.[40]

Salvatron

i just snapshotted this off amz.. but.. is this kind of thing just a guess until a formal announcement is made in terms of release date?
PYhw2I7.png

I thought they would go with the female version of the protagonist. Anita will not be happy with this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom