• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CSI: Miami takes on VG violence

shantyman

WHO DEY!?
Delko witnesses a bank robbery and the CSIs soon discover that the culprits are playing out the action from the videogame 'Urban Hellraisers' on the streets of Miami. As they score points for each crime committed, the CSIs must discover what consists of getting to the next level in the game in order to stop the culprits before they strike again.

:lol :lol :lol

rainer516

That crazy Japanese Moon Language
oh god, Urban Hellraisers? I bet it still uses pong style bleeps and bloops for a soundtrack.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I wonder what they would do if they could only use their gun or their flashlight at once?

3rdman

Yeah, I saw the previews for the show and couldn't stop cringing!!!! It had a couple of good looking, well- manicured retards screaming things like "5000 points!" while pointing guns at old people...just horrible and pathetically cliche!

Whats worse is that alot of people actually think a game can "make" a criminal and shit like this just feeds that. Ugh.

COCKLES

being watched
rainer516 said:
oh god, Urban Hellraisers? I bet it still uses pong style bleeps and bloops for a soundtrack.

Probably a bit of created CGI for the 'game' while they hold Atari VCS sticks playing it.

The Law and Order one was better because it was the kid who was fucked up. The kid made the others act out the game cuz he's crazy. The game wasn't responsible for shit.

HeadsUpSevenUp said:
The Law and Order one was better because it was the kid who was fucked up. The kid made the others act out the game cuz he's crazy. The game wasn't responsible for shit.
As usual, Law and Order > CSI Anything

in the end, it turns out the producer of the game paid the kids to do the crimes. There not trying to say OMG GAMEZ MAKE KIDS KILLL! They're trying to show that producers are sleazy. the brad pitt wannabee saying "30 is the new 20" is enough t make me want to kill myself
but yeah, csi miami is a craptastic show

shantyman

WHO DEY!?
onion_pixy said:
in the end, it turns out the producer of the game paid the kids to do the crimes. There not trying to say OMG GAMEZ MAKE KIDS KILLL! They're trying to show that producers are sleazy. the brad pitt wannabee saying "30 is the new 20" is enough t make me want to kill myself

How do you know?

I actually like CSI: Miami a lot, as much as the original in a lot of ways.

Wasn't it Law & Order that did something like this already? I remember that episode because Tony Hawk plays the victim -- did a pretty good job from what I can remember. Wasn't it a QA Tester that kills him?

shantyman

WHO DEY!?
OmniAvenger said:
Wasn't it Law & Order that did something like this already? I remember that episode because Tony Hawk plays the victim -- did a pretty good job from what I can remember. Wasn't it a QA Tester that kills him?

Believe it or not, that was CSI: Miami! They are double dipping into this subject matter.

I saw the preview for this last night, and it made me just roll my eyes. For the most part, network TV blows. I'm going to miss Rome for the next two years. :(

shantyman said:
Believe it or not, that was CSI: Miami! They are double dipping into this subject matter.

Wtf? That's like putting the whole episode into your mouth. Next time, someone should tell the producers to just take one dip ... and end it.

GoutPatrol

Forgotten in his cell
onion_pixy said:

Oh, so he worked for Acclaim?

GoutPatrol said:
Oh, so he worked for Acclaim?

Yip. The producer even had the criminals all named Turok, put Shadow Man advertisements on the graves of victims, AND pay the speeding tickets the criminals received from the fast get away.

So much of those shows run together that they form one big blur.

But they should do more shows with videogame undertones or as a backdrop to some criminal activity. Maybe they'd even take a cue from the Tony Hawk episode of CSI and feature some well-known game industry personality and kill them off. Who would you nominate? :lol

OmniAvenger said:
So much of those shows run together that they form one big blur.

But they should do more shows with videogame undertones or as a backdrop to some criminal activity. Maybe they'd even take a cue from the Tony Hawk episode of CSI and feature some well-known game industry personality and kill them off. Who would you nominate? :lol

Derek Smart

That's right ... Derek Smart ...

shantyman said:
How do you know?

I actually like CSI: Miami a lot, as much as the original in a lot of ways.

I just do. watch for yourself or read a recap if you don't belive me. Not that either of us really cares. And yes, the Tony Hawk episode was also CSI:Miami.

no really, I work on the show. Im forced to watch it every week :(

Meier

HeadsUpSevenUp said:

Yeah that was a good episode. Saw the repeat on USA about a month ago.

The Law and Order one was far from good. They couldn't of portrayed the game creators as being more sleazy. The game they played too was cringe worthy. The kid was actually acting like kicking a character while she's down is a difficult maneuver.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
This is awesome news, its like a derranged parody game in my hometown. I hope the game attempts to mimic the city so it can even more surreal and hilarious.

shantyman

WHO DEY!?
onion_pixy said:
I just do. watch for yourself or read a recap if you don't belive me. Not that either of us really cares. And yes, the Tony Hawk episode was also CSI:Miami.

no really, I work on the show. Im forced to watch it every week :(

I believe you, but still, :lol

Nameless

LMMMMFAO...The fuckin guy didn't even take a piss break..Just pissed in bottles...Hardfuckincore... :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

FFunit

Banned
3rdman said:
Yeah, I saw the previews for the show and couldn't stop cringing!!!! It had a couple of good looking, well- manicured retards screaming things like "5000 points!" while pointing guns at old people...just horrible and pathetically cliche!.

thats what I hate the most. "5000 POINTS" ?? Games arent about points anymore jackasses. I hate that stupid cliche.

Oni Jazar

They took all the dumbest gaming horror stories and combined them into one show. It's like Jack Thompson's wet dream.

"Hey I'm not one of those guys you're looking for. I'm no gamer!"

Top Bottom