• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crimson Desert – Official Gameplay Trailer | gamescom ONL 2023

Step back into the breathtaking world of Crimson Desert and join the lone mercenary as he navigates both the stunning beauty and cutthroat dangers of Pywel in the latest gameplay trailer which premiered at gamescom Opening Night Live 2023.Welcome to a war-torn realm of medieval fantasy where history will be written in blood.(This gameplay trailer contains actual in-game footage. As a work-in-progress, the content is subject to change.)
About Crimson
DesertCrimson Desert is an upcoming open world action-adventure which will make a global release on both console and PC. An epic of survival with a focus on immersive storytelling and intense action, Crimson Desert follows a group of struggling mercenaries and the many characters who cross their paths in the vast continent of Pywel. This is a world where heroes are made, but not without incredible hardship, pain and perseverance.

Last edited:
Hmm... seems a bit familiar 🤔.

image.png

gela94

This looks pretty amazing but so much stuff is going on, I'm sceptical if they can pull all these different systems off.

Looks interesting but perhaps too ambitious for it's own good. It's also not clear what exactly the game is, MMO was the original intent afaik in which case I have zero interest. Offline single player RPG? Now you've got my attention.

Kumomeme

is that camera shake or stutter? both is bad.

its like it trying to do everything at once. the scope is too ambitious. gonna held back my breath until it actually release.

Cyborg

Game of the show.....the bar is set for the developer ( Im a afraid a bit to high)

Last edited:

Gaelyon

Gold Member
Crimson Desert.

CRIMSON DESERT !

CCRRRRIMMMSONN DEEESERTTT !!!

Krim's son dee see hurt !

Crimson Desert.

This trailer is so packed and compile Zelda, Assassin Creed, Elden Ring and Dragon Dogma with stunning graphics and animations. We'll see but what a trailer. I'm in !

Wow can't wait, I loved BDO and its combat. Just hope they have figured out how to smooth the insane NPC popin.

Last edited:
Yes this is not gonna make it to the game, especially if it releases on Series S. Even otherwise, there is nothing concrete about this game and Pearl Abyss has been known to show bullshot trailers. Case in point, DokeV.

By the way, the gameplay was probably recorded on a very high end PC with an RTX 4090. Curious how it looks and runs on consoles as it's coming on them as well.

Here's a screenshot from wikipedia with which platforms the game will release on.

image.png

Last edited:

Tams

Oh look, another South Korean game that looks good, but promises the Moon.

And like many of them, the character models look... slightly off.

Elder Scrolls: The Witchers Creed and a dash of prototype for good measure.

They maybe should have decided on one game to make and stick with it.
You forgot Just Cause and Zelda.

peish

looks fake as hell

expecting massive downgrades and performance issues.

they even memed the giant enemy crab, hit it for maximum damage. for this alone, im hoping it's real gameplay...

Noxxera

Yeah this game suddenly skyrocketed top of my upcoming games radar after seeing the trailer. Mix och The Witcher, Red Dead Redemption and Tears of the Kingdom. Looks too fkin good to be true. Something must be off about it. But if it does indeed live up to the trailer I'm definitely gonna try playing it assuming its a singleplayer game. No idea, first I thought it was some online MMO.

Dont get me wrong, the haters saying its copy paste etc can fuck right off. Plenty of AAA titles copy each others but is there any outcry over that?! NOPE! Its only the less known developers getting called shit for "plagiarising" or whatever shit you come up with.

Last edited:
Top Bottom