• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash Bandicoot 4: Its About Time.

design looks kinda kiddish

like it's a learning-game type of game for little kids

and it's also available for xbox? lol

seems a bit weird since crash has always been like the poster boy for playstation

depending on what the actual gameplay looks like bring it to pc too!

How so? The Crash collection is on Xbox One. There are other Crash games on Xbox systems. Get with the times, bro

Mazojin

Neo Member
I'm excited for this. I love the series and the remakes really brought me back to Crash. Hopefully this one will be good, and Cortex and Uka Uka are still the main villains.

jaysius

Banned
They did REMADE the Spyro Trilogy Reignited which was absolutely fantastic.

FTFY

Just because someone is excellent at transcribing doesn't make them an excellent writer, the act of simply retelling/remaking something does NOT make you a fantastic game maker.

I have high hopes myself, I want a good Crash Bandicoot game, but I didn't like the ND Uncharted 2 and 3 Crash Bandicootesque sequences, so maybe the gaming world has moved on beyond the style of gameplay.

jaysius

Banned
I guess Skylanders was the first thing that came to mind, because I have a soft spot for it....

CDd6cPs.jpg

Help me...

I never wished so hard for a vomit reaction emote on here.

Doom85

WebbedMagnificentFirefly-size_restricted.gif

Hell yeah, Toys for Bob definitely have my trust after what they're done so far. Looking forward to this.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
It always makes me sad to see that the guys who make games like Skylanders and Crash made this, 20 years ago:

Similar to how I am sad to see that the guys who make games like Sea of Thieves and Kinect Sports made this, 20 yeas ago:
48339--banjo-kazooie.png

and the guys who make Last of Us and Uncharted made this, 25 years ago:
15972516353_744173794a_o.jpg

and the guys who make endless Yakuzas nowadays, made this 20 years ago:
super-monkey-ball-22_978152.jpg

How about we revert all four, Rare, Naughty Dog, Amusement Vision and Toys for Bob to their development style ~20 years ago?

Mazojin

Neo Member
I mentioned in another Crash thread that if another game is made, I wouldn't want anything like Stormy Ascent again. Thinking about it now, as long as it's optional, I don't think I'd mind. As challenging as it was, it was insanely rewarding after beating that level.

Fake

Similar to how I am sad to see that the guys who make games like Sea of Thieves and Kinect Sports made this, 20 yeas ago:
48339--banjo-kazooie.png

Errr... Don't want to be that guy, but the 'guys' you mention left that company a long time ago. What is left is just a name they usally use for PR. Even if they tried the people behind the B&K, Diddy Kong Racing and etc are not anymore on RARE.

FTFY

Just because someone is excellent at transcribing doesn't make them an excellent writer, the act of simply retelling/remaking something does NOT make you a fantastic game maker.

I have high hopes myself, I want a good Crash Bandicoot game, but I didn't like the ND Uncharted 2 and 3 Crash Bandicootesque sequences, so maybe the gaming world has moved on beyond the style of gameplay.

What is your point ? I am simply referencing what Toys for Bob have done in the past and what they have done in the past was well recieved by media and fans. What this has to do with me saying they're an amazing or bad developer?

Out of nowhere man. Stop putting words in my mouth and learn how to read. I work professionally in this field for over 7 years. Please lay off the smart talk of what a good developer is and isn't. Thanks.

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
Never played this crash game

This is Activision crash right ? ( not naughty dog original crash game)

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
What is your point ? I am simply referencing what Toys for Bob have done in the past and what they have done in the past was well recieved by media and fans. What this has to do with me saying they're an amazing or bad developer?

Out of nowhere man. Stop putting words in my mouth and learn how to read. I work professionally in this field for over 7 years. Please lay off the smart talk of what a good developer is and isn't. Thanks.

Stop telling people they don't know how to fucking read, that's not very professional of you.

The person you responded to said "Toys for Bob... this doesn't bode well"

To which you responded with what I said.

I'm telling it as it is, someone that remade something isn't a bonafide excellent developer instantly, I didn't say they were awful, jesus. Learn how to read.

That isn't a great example of a developer that can handle making something that lives up to the Crash original series.

Tony Hawk Downhill Jam???(An example when they made their own game with a big IP) This doesn't bode well.

Last edited:
Stop telling people they don't know how to fucking read, that's not very professional of you.

The person you responded to said "Toys for Bob... this doesn't bode well"

To which you responded with what I said.

I'm telling it as it is, someone that remade something isn't a bonafide excellent developer instantly, I didn't say they were awful, jesus. Learn how to read.

I never said they were an excellent developer dude. I simply said they did good with their previous project which is also true.

As far as professionalism goes dude I am sitting in the comfort of my own home on a random internet Gaming forum. So don't make me laugh. I can speak as I wish just as you can as well. So let's not even go there goofball.

Last edited:

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Errr... Don't want to be that guy, but the 'guys' you mention left that company a long time ago. What is left is just a name they usally use for PR. Even if they tried the people behind the B&K, Diddy Kong Racing and etc are not anymore on RARE.
The (only) level designer for Banjo-Kazooie, Gregg Mayles, is still at Rare. Also the head of development team.

jaysius

Banned
I never said they were an excellent developer dude. I simply said they did good with their previous project which is also true.

As far as professionalism goes dude I am sitting in the comfort of my own home on a random internet Gaming forum. So don't make me laugh. I can speak as I wish just as you can as well. So let's not even go there goofball.

Jesus dude, for someone that doesn't have any skin in the game with this company you've made it VERY personal for no good reason, nerfherder.

Do you understand how your response to that comment means you were standing up for them?

YES the Spyro remake was GOOD.

Last edited:
Jesus dude, for someone that doesn't have any skin in the game with this company you've made it VERY personal for no good reason.

Do you understand how your response to that comment means you were standing up for them?

YES the Spyro remake was GOOD.

Do you understand that you're being trolled hardcore? Sorry dude, I am bored as fuck. <3

Last edited:
Toys for bob? Come on Naughty Dog. Just make a sequel to Crash. Have some fucking fun for once.

They can't because Sony doesn't own Crash. Activision would need to sell it to them or someone else if you want a different developer.

Either way, it's nice too see a 4th game being made regardless. I am hoping it is good, but I am gonna keep my expectations on the lower end of the spectrum.

Last edited:

NoxNyctores

Do you really want the current Naughty Dog exploring and deconstructing the Ludonarrative dissonance of a Marsupial in pants collecting a bunch of apples?
See, this is why we need methods of travelling to alternate universes, I want to see this current version of Naughty Dog that doesn't use the word fun trying to make a new Crash Bandicoot game but I don't want it to happen in this universe

Last edited:

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
It had, but only in Japan:
s-l300.jpg

Moreover, Twinsanity was called Crash 5 in Japan:
72933--crash-bandicoot-5-crash-cortex-no-yabou.png

Hell, they even had Crash 6 and 7 (Crash of the Titans and Crash: Mind over Mutant here):
VMmqmVCnjf3bsU0SVxi96-xXSVS1xDH7dV0hKue-J1w.png

So naturally this will be Crash 8 in Japan.

OutRun88

It has been nearly a couple of decades since I've played Crash Bandicoot. I think the time has come to change that. I hope this turns out good!

EDIT: Oh man time flies. It has been OVER a couple decades :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

II_JumPeR_I

Y
design looks kinda kiddish

like it's a learning-game type of game for little kids

and it's also available for xbox? lol

seems a bit weird since crash has always been like the poster boy for playstation

depending on what the actual gameplay looks like bring it to pc too!
You must be living under a rock? Crash has been on Xbox since the OG xbox....
Its good that this is multiplatform.

I hope Toys for Bob uses the OneX properly this time and no lazy parity with the Pro like they did with Spyro.
VV at least took care of the OneX Hardware with the Trilogy.

Top Bottom