• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Couch co-op games that aren't LEGO for me and my 10yr old nephew? (Xbox)

Stafford

So once every three, four months my nephews come over and we love to play some videogames. For a long time it has been mostly LEGO games but I'm starting to get tired of it. You can only finish LEGO Batman, Indiana Jones etc games so many times until it just becomes too much.

So what other great couch co-op games are there on Xbox (Game Pass)? My nephew is 10, so something like Gears of War isn't happening, but perhaps a smaller game? I am sure there is plenty out there. So I hope to get some great recommendations here.

Also,I have played It takes Two already, also Human fall Flat with them.

Fbh

Overcooked 1&2 are great, probably some of my favorite couch co-op games ever.
I was just playing Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime the other day with someone and that was a blast too, though I don't know if the pink and heart heavy aesthetic will be appealing to a 10 years old boy
Unravel 2 is also pretty fun. Nothing amazing but It has a cute aesthetic and some decent platforming puzzles.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Unravel 2
Jack Nicholson Yes GIF by The Taboo Group

Also, Sega all Stars Racing and Rayman Legends.

Last edited:

Stafford

Fortnite Battle Royale has split screen.

Oh? Good one. He loves that game too.

Earth Defense Force. It's shooting but at giant bugs and shit, it's ridiculous and fun. Tho I don't know if any of them are on game pass.

Maybe if I can find it for a nice price! I will check!

I see I have EDF: IA and 2017 available for download. They probably have been part of games with gold I guess. Sweet.

Haha. Yeah I am sure my brother and his wife will be very thankful afterwards when he tells them what kind of stuff he's played at uncle's, lmao.

Little guy probably wouldn't be able to sleep after playing that or Eternal. 😂

Last edited:
Unspottable has a very fun and special concept :)

Stick Fight is also funny, but maybe too brutal/weapon-heavy for a 10-year old.
Same goes for Ultimate Chicken Horse.

Last edited:

SHA

It Takes Two
Cuphead: The Delicious Last Course
Overcooked! All You Can Eat
Stardew Valley
Unravel Two
Streets of Rage 4
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge
Castle Crashers Remastered
Moving Out
Helldivers 2
Diablo III: Eternal Collection
Guacamelee! 2
Rayman Legends Definitive Edition
Portal 2
Children of Morta
Riverbond
Spelunky 2
Gang Beasts
Moving Out
Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime
Battleblock Theater
Broforce
Heave Ho
TowerFall
Nuclear Throne
Enter the Gungeon
Spelunky
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Contra Rogue Corps
Metal Slug Anthology
Streets of Rage Collection
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: The Game – Complete Edition
Fight’N Rage
Streets of Rage 2
Double Dragon: Neon
Streets of Rage
River City Girls
Streets of Rage 3
Golden Axe
Sonic Mania
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Arcade Game
Mega Man Legacy Collection
Mega Man Legacy Collection 2

Gemini may display inaccurate info, including about people, so double-check its responses

Last edited:

Kuranghi

Neither of these are gamepass unfortunately but theres Heavenly Bodies, which I played with a non-gamer and laughed so so much, if the default middle difficulty physics are too confusing or annoying then don't hestitate to set it to the easy physics, its still a good fun time without the challenge of moving around realistically:

And Phogs! is great too:

I'm not sure Renegade Ops can be played on modern Xbox consoles, but if it can then definitely recommend that, the boys will love it, its like a micro machines computer game with guns and constant explosions. Theres loads of destruction, you can blow up so much stuff.

Last edited:

Stafford

Thanks for the replies folks. We ended up with Golf with your friends, which we really enjoyed a lot. Earth Defense Force 2017, which was tons of fun. Visually nothing great, but absolutely a blast to play together.

We also played Spiderheck which was a great time as well, TMNT : SE, always great. And some bits of LEGO the movie the game. But at least it wasn’t only LEGO this time.

I asked my brother about the Gears of War games and he basically told me to give it a shot, see how the little guy reacts to it. So next time he's here we'll start with the very first one, he's gonna be in for a treat!

StueyDuck

So once every three, four months my nephews come over and we love to play some videogames. For a long time it has been mostly LEGO games but I'm starting to get tired of it. You can only finish LEGO Batman, Indiana Jones etc games so many times until it just becomes too much.

So what other great couch co-op games are there on Xbox (Game Pass)? My nephew is 10, so something like Gears of War isn't happening, but perhaps a smaller game? I am sure there is plenty out there. So I hope to get some great recommendations here.

Also,I have played It takes Two already, also Human fall Flat with them.
That new sonic game maybe. I didn't play it myself.

That new mickey game as well?

Given they're 10 I think something like Nobody Saves the World would be good if you want more a colab rather than competitive kind of vibe (although there's some long term commitment to get the most out of it...)

Top Bottom