• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Control - Ultimate Edition Trailer [Coming to Steam on August 27th]

SnapShot

Control Ultimate Edition is available August 27 on Steam.

Coming to PS4, Xbox One and the Epic Games Store September 10.

Control Ultimate Edition contains:
* Control base game
* The Foundation (Expansion 1)
* AWE (Expansion 2)
* Expeditions end game mode, Photo Mode and all content updates since the release of the original game.

For more information on Control and to stay up to date with the latest information, visit the official game website and be sure to follow Control on our social channels.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
From the FAQ:

Will Control Ultimate Edition give me access to Control on Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5?
We will offer a free next-gen digital upgrade for those who buy Control Ultimate Edition on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. For more information on eligibility, stay tuned to our website and community channels.

What if I purchased the original version of Control previously?
The free upgrade path to Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5 version of Control is only available for Control Ultimate Edition

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
From the FAQ:

Will Control Ultimate Edition give me access to Control on Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5?
We will offer a free next-gen digital upgrade for those who buy Control Ultimate Edition on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. For more information on eligibility, stay tuned to our website and community channels.

The free upgrade path to Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5 version of Control is only available for Control Ultimate Edition

Fuck off.

Gorki247

Expeditions end game mode, Photo Mode and all content updates since the release of the original game.

So is the PS4 exclusive content still exclusive or will it come to all platforms now?

GHG

Gold Member

This sucks.

Will they be offering a discounted upgrade path for those who purchased the original on consoles?

In other news, I'm glad the Steam edition gets all the content, I was literally asking about this the other day.

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
This sucks.

Will they be offering a discounted upgrade path for those who purchased the original on consoles?

In other news, I'm glad the Steam edition gets all the content, I was literally asking about this the other day.

I'm fairly certain Microsoft said they aren't allowing this on XSX.

Night.Ninja

Banned
From the FAQ:

That's some bullshit.

I was so close to buying the base game the other day now I need to buy the unlimited edition to get a upgrade, that's a piss take.

GHG

Gold Member
I'm fairly certain Microsoft said they aren't allowing this on XSX.

No I mean as in of you own the original without DLC is there a cheap upgrade path to the Ultimate Edition? Or if you already own the original plus the DLC will they automatically upgrade you to the ultimate edition?

I know on Steam it's been common for devs/publishers to add the license of ultimate editions of games to your library (or convert it) if you owned the original game + the DLC.

I find it hard to believe they will just leave purchasers of the original version of the game on console high and dry like this.

Last edited:

Gorki247

No I mean as in of you own the original without DLC is there a cheap upgrade path to the Ultimate Edition? Or if you already own the original plus the DLC will they automatically upgrade you to the ultimate edition?
This is quite possible. There are a few games on Xbox One with an Ultimate Edition DLC update. So for a small fee you get the upgrade.

They updated the FAQ, so it may happen

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!

I know on Steam it's been common for devs/publishers to add the license of ultimate editions of games to your library (or convert it) if you owned the original game + the DLC.

I find it hard to believe they will just leave purchasers of the original version of the game on console high and dry like this.

I would hope so as well. but as they have gone out of their way to say specifically if you dont have the "ultimate" edition you will not qualify leads me to believe they are treating this as its own SKU.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: GHG

Rikkori

GIB plz

fIwsurA.jpg

martino

God, timed exclusive on the PC - moneyhatting is just bad, mmmkay.

you really thinks there is moneyhatting ?
it's more probable you need to blame console validation process and remedy choose to not push back pc release to later for a re-edition of the game

GHG

Gold Member
I would hope so as well. but as they have gone out of their way to say specifically if you dont have the "ultimate" edition you will not qualify leads me to believe they are treating this as its own SKU.

That would be disgusting if that's the case.

Hopefully what Gorki247 Gorki247 posted has merit.

If they do have plans to sort people out then they should just say so at the time of announcing.

you really thinks there is moneyhatting ?
it's more probable you need to blame console validation process and remedy choose to not push back pc release to later for a re-edition of the game

I think he means the fact that it was EGS exclusive for a year.

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!

If they do have plans to sort people out then they should just say so at the time of announcing.

I concur. THis is a smaller pub so they may think they can get some extra money out of it? Id like to think they arent that dire but maybe they are.

martino

I think he means the fact that it was EGS exclusive for a year.

in this case so it's not really an exclusive preventing him to play the game on its hardware it's him locking himself from a store

GHG

Gold Member
in this case so it's not really an exclusive preventing him to play the game on its hardware it's him locking himself from a store

Can we just... not. This goes beyond the "it's just a store" bullshit. Until the EGS has feature parity with other storefronts/launchers this will forever be a discussion.

tommycronin

So around a week ago they announce the info and release date of the second expansion to get people hyped and prebuy the season pass and then today they announce that if you bought that season pass you're fucked for the ps5 port. That's pretty fucked timing it should of been announced when they announced the new expansion.

Gorki247

Can we just... not. This goes beyond the "it's just a store" bullshit. Until the EGS has feature parity with other storefronts/launchers this will forever be a discussion.
Serious question, as I'm not really a PC gamer and have never used the Epic store. If you buy a game from EGS, how is it different from let's say Steam. I get that the license is through the EGS and you need that if you ever need to re-download the game.
But does the game not just run on your PC like any other PC game, or do you need to be logged in to the EGS to play it?

Last edited:

Fbh

From the FAQ:

LOL.

"Did you get Control on Ps4 or Xb1? Were you disappointed by the 15fps fights? Don't worry we've got you covered. Just buy the game again and we'll give you a next gen upgrade for FREE!!!!"

Banned

"other storefronts"...
all of them suck in terms of features other than Steam and funnily enough, the Microsoft Store.

those are the only 2 that have Written user reviews and family sharing, which are the 2 most requested features for the Epic Store

neither Origin nor Uplay have that.

GoG is a completely separate beast altogether since it isn't launcher bound (gog galaxy is optional) and just a store where you get DRM free games

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
From the FAQ:

From where is this FAQ [fuckyou].

How much is the ultimate edition? I haven’t bought the DLC so I’m thinking of selling my current copy, then buying the ultimate edition to get the DLC and PS5 upgrade.

GHG

Gold Member
Serious question, as I'm not a PC gamer and have never used the Epic store before. If you buy a game from EGS, how is it different from let's say Steam. I get that the license is through the EGS and you need that if you ever need to re-download the game.
But does the game not just run on your PC like any other PC game, or do you need to be logged in to the EGS to play it?

main-qimg-19713976f1891aafd0b3166fcf54ed17

Slightly out of date because the EGS does now support wish lists but you get the picture. That list isn't even exhaustive.

It would be like someone coming along on Xbox on PSN and saying you can buy our game here but all those modern features and community features you've become accustomed to while playing on this platform... you can't use them. Yes you can play the game but the overall experience is a neutered one.

"other storefronts"...
all of them suck in terms of features other than Steam and funnily enough, the Microsoft Store.

those are the only 2 that have Written user reviews and family sharing, which are the 2 most requested features for the Epic Store

neither Origin nor Uplay have that.

GoG is a completely separate beast altogether since it isn't launcher bound (gog galaxy is optional) and just a store where you get DRM free games

I think you mean the Xbox app. Because the Windows Store itself is still not worth discussing.

But yes, Uplay and Origin are behind Steam yet still, they are miles ahead of the EGS.

Last edited:

thelastword

Banned
From the FAQ:

Yeah, that sucks they are implying they would be giving you all the DLC for free if they upgrade you to ultimate. Perhaps they should give people a chance to upgrade to ultimate from the base game....

crumbs

Trailer was pretty good. It's a shame that this game continues to suffer from self-inflicted publisher-related controversies.

I've held off on this game due to the EGS stuff, but now I'm close to a GPU upgrade, so I'll probably wait a bit longer until Nvidia announces their 3000 series cards.

Top Bottom