• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Control Ultimate Edition Next-Gen Teaser Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Control Ultimate Edition comes to PS5 and Xbox Series X|S with a 60fps Performance Mode and 30fps Graphics Mode (with ray-tracing)

While we work on the full trailer, enjoy a sneak peek of both modes, recorded on PS5. Stay tuned for more info!

Digital launch: February 2, 2021
Retail launch: March 2, 2021

HDM

Last edited:
I was always impressed with the destruction in this game. multiplayer in this engine would be cool.
I'll wait for a sale because there's too much PS5 games coming out. Ratchet, Kena, Returnal

saintjules

It's strange the Ultimate version went on sale before the next gen patch was even out.

They're just trying to entice new buyers prior to. Especially if it was on sale at a lower price.

I think I saw it for $20 on the Microsoft store, but I have to see more if I want to double dip. Haven't finished the main campaign yet.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

30 might be fine for this game if its stable, this is a game were RT really adds something to the overall experience. I found the game playing okay on Pro as long as the framerate didn't tank (which happened a lot in firefights).

VFXVeteran

Banned

Control Ultimate Edition comes to PS5 and Xbox Series X|S with a 60fps Performance Mode and 30fps Graphics Mode (with ray-tracing)

While we work on the full trailer, enjoy a sneak peek of both modes, recorded on PS5. Stay tuned for more info!

LOL!

So ... ONLY reflections! Oh well.. there goes massive power optimization to gain some TFLOPS for ray-tracing more than 1 feature.

Skifi28

I sincerely hope that current owners of the game won't give 505 Games extra money for basically adding settings which were already available on better PC's.

I was of a similar mind, but I was looking to get the season pass and then I saw the ultimate edition was on sale at nearly the same price. I apologise.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
They only turned on RT reflections?
Im guessing in the final patch they will have alot more stuff active?

Control is the most impressive display of Raytracing technology in a retail game and on console the only tech they use is reflections?
Come on Remedy, sweat these machines

Not that it matters to me, PC version all day every day....would just like to see how far Remedy can push these machines.

He, i'll take 60 fps thx. Maybe 60fps/RT later, like Spiderman.

60fps/RT in Control?
fFxFUSY.jpg

Yeah not gonna happen lest its with severe severe cutbacks.

x@3f*oo_e!

Discs are dead aren't they.

Interested to see how the Series S version does, plus the other comparisons too.

Really only seeing glass reflections added though, excluding the resolution boost. The original was already doing a lot of good work on console. Think it's the only time I've seen dynamic volumetric lights on the PS4.

VFXVeteran

Banned

Control is the most impressive display of Raytracing technology in a retail game and on console the only tech they use is reflections?

The machines are already maxed out as I stated in several threads. AMDs RT implementation is already weak in the 6800s and these consoles are the low end variety. Then neither of them have DLSS, so expecting anything beyond reflections is wishful thinking. I'm still waiting on that first game that can pull off 2 features..

SkylineRKR

DMCV is 60fps RT as well, at 1080p. But I do kind of mind the huge drop in res. I wish they had enough muscle for 1440p.

acm2000

i figured consoles would only get RT reflections, the GPUs just arent powerful enough to throw all the PC versions RT effects around, reflections are the cheapest option.

Mister Wolf

Finally a real raytracing test for the consoles. We will see if they can even beat a RTX 2060. Too bad 4A games wont do a next gen patch for Metro Exodus.

Last edited:

Kenpachii

Lightning is so god dam awful in this game. Hope they also release a ultimate edition for PC where they fix this stuff.

regawdless

Banned
Why are they using this example where you can directly see that the debris is not being reflected?

Curious how the consoles will deal with the raytracing here, gonna be a very good indicator regarding the RT capabilities of the next gen HW.

Digital Foundry, stay ready!

Last edited:

AMSCD

Not that it matters to me, PC version all day every day....would just like to see how far Remedy can push these machines.

60fps/RT in Control?
fFxFUSY.jpg

What performance does the Switch version have?

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
The machines are already maxed out as I stated in several threads. AMDs RT implementation is already weak in the 6800s and these consoles are the low end variety. Then neither of them have DLSS, so expecting anything beyond reflections is wishful thinking. I'm still waiting on that first game that can pull off 2 features..

This might be the dumbest thing I've read on GAF this month.

VFXVeteran

Banned
This might be the dumbest thing I've read on GAF this month.

Guess what? With every single game that comes out on the PS5 and it showing the developers can't do anything else but reflections, I'm actually correct so far right?

So where is your claim of my statement being dumb when you have NO PROOF of countering the claim?

Last edited:
What ur telling me the 12tf monster can't handle full RT, ur joking🤣

Mister Wolf

Why are they using this example where you can directly see that the debris is not being reflected?

Curious how the consoles will deal with the raytracing here, gonna be a very good indicator regarding the RT capabilities of the next gen HW.

Digital Foundry, stay ready!

RfEPXfxvaaFpHynZsa9ztL-970-80.png.webp

The raytraced debris might be too much for the consoles.

Shmunter

That game has ONE RT feature. And they reduced even more of the games' aethestics. Do you guys think this shit is for free? That really annoys me about SonyGAF.. which is why I'm on the trigger to call them out on their silly assumptions whenver a new game releases showing the facts.
All real-time gfx are smoke and mirrors and a set of compromises brainiac

Rikkori

Don't recommend 30 fps here, no matter the graphics. Plus when you're playing the game and not staring at the floors, you quickly forget what's ray traced and what's not, because there's many effects going on and it gets lost in the shuffle - only when passing by a mirrored surface do you remember.

It's a very responsive game and without modifiers you can get gibbed quickly, it feels way better to play with 60 fps, it's bad enough that you need to use a gamepad to play it on consoles. Then again, it's pretty boring & falls of a cliff a few hours in, so no big loss either way.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Guess what? With every single game that comes out on the PS5 and it showing the developers can't do anything else but reflections, I'm actually correct so far right?

So where is your claim of my statement being dumb when you have NO PROOF of countering the claim?

So you want me to prove a negative? It's just basic logic that needs to be done to realize what you said makes no sense. No console has EVER been maxed out a month after it was released. And I know you know this, so why are you trolling this hard? What do you get out of it?

regawdless

Banned

60fps/RT in Control?
fFxFUSY.jpg

I'm sure they tried to turn on more but ran into the limitations of that hardware.

Let's see what the final results look like.

Top Bottom