• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Conor McGregor vs Eddie Alvarez vs UFC 155lb belt offical for UFC 205 in NYC at MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscar

Haha no.

Conor looked the most "gotten to" of any fighter arguably ever in the UFC at the infamous can throwing presser for Diaz 2, but was super calm in the octagon. Trash talk doesn't phase him.

Conor always fires right back when someone talks shit. He had nothing when Alvarez dropped the coaches line, as well as the little boy belt line. Unexpected heat from Alvarez.

He got unexpectedly rustled, that's all I'm saying. Still betting on Mystic Mac if the lines are right.

uhhh he is claiming the 145 belt is the little boys belt and that his weight class is superior....mcgregor nuthuggers man...

obviously has jack shiet to do with height.

darscot

uhh he just legit took 10 years out of a guys life that never got KOed

no doubt that he is a shell of himself but can still knock out anyone on the ufc roster no matter weight class.

I'm not saying Hendo cant win I'm just saying it's not a sure thing

uhhh he is claiming the 145 belt is the little boys belt and that his weight class is superior....mcgregor nuthuggers man...

obviously has jack shiet to do with height.

I get what he's saying but doesn't really work still as an insult when you are actually the smaller man imo. Didn't feel a whole lot of heat on that one.

And McGregor has a legit point about Eddie being chinny / suffering from concussions. Its put him on the sidelines before. Conor also has like a 6 inch reach on him.

Conor by KO within the first 2 rounds.

I get it but it's still making fun of smaller guys which i find stupid because us smaller guys (and he's one of us) already get enough shit.

I don't think the insult was about the literal heights of FW fighters. It's an insult aimed at the fact it is a lot less competitive in the FW division than in the LW division, which is the most stacked division in the UFC and a fucking shark tank.

I don't think the insult was about the literal heights of FW fighters. It's an insult aimed at the fact it is a lot less competitive in the FW division than in the LW division, which is the most stacked division in the UFC and a fucking shark tank.

I know. I just didn't like the wording of the insult. It's shooting himself in the foot as little boys is an insult used for smaller fighters and he's one of them. That's why i said it's a stupid insult.

3N16MA

Banned
The old Conor was back during that press conference. He had to tone it down with Nate during the 2nd fight but not anymore.

Oscar

Conor fanboys remind me of those extreme Trump fans who live vicariously through him.

I'm betting on him but god damn.

Conor fanboys remind me of those extreme Trump fans who live vicariously through him.

I'm betting on him but god damn.

Really there is basically no "fanboying" going on in this thread. There are some McGregor fans including myself but zero shit posting

But anyways.......Aldo has asked to be released from his UFC contract

Kacho

So Conor's trolling has finally gotten to Jose Aldo and he is requesting his release from the UFC 😂

gogogow

It's fun to watch and listen to Conor talk, but Alvarez just sounds like an annoying lil kid. Love it when Conor just ignores him.

3N16MA

Banned
seriously though. Dana is McGregors bitch.

McGregor straight up said nobody is taking his 145 belt away from him and Dana just had this goofy ass look on his face.

Conor is his cash cow. Seems obvious that he is allowed to hang onto the 145 title simply in order to call himself a two weight class champ if he beats Alvarez. Dana will do what he says.

155 does seem like the best weight for Conor. A lot more interesting fights that could be made at that weight.

darscot

Man Jose Aldo looks like an idiot, I know he is pissed and he deserves a rematch but dude hire a fucking publicist. Start calling Conor a chicken shit say he got lucky, promote the fight. Don't whine and quit or run to Belator, hate to see him go out like that.

3N16MA

Banned
Man Jose Aldo looks like an idiot, I know he is pissed and he deserves a rematch but dude hire a fucking publicist. Start calling Conor a chicken shit say he got lucky, promote the fight. Don't whine and quit or run to Belator, hate to see him go out like that.

I think he already did that over social media.

yeah Jose did that and everyone said he was salty...dude cant win either way.

only way for him to get his dignity back was to get another shot at McGregor and that was never really happening.

darscot

I think he already did that over social media.

He needs to do more, I can totally see why Dana has no interest in the rematch. There are just bigger more profitable fights. Aldo is a great fighter but he needs to play the fight game. He should be screaming into the mic after his fights, I know it's not his personality but it is what he has to do or he is going to be waiting for a while. Quitting is not the answer, nor is social media.

He should have walked into this presser Clubber Lang style, LOL. I'm kidding but it's better than quitting.

What Jose does to sell the fight doesn't matter.

Conor doesn't want the fight, therefore the fight is going to happen. Not so long Dana is willing to indulge his demands.

JB1981

Tough style matchup for Conor, Eddie is a very physical fighter who will probably end up wrestlefucking Conor to death. I can see Conor's speed and accuracy giving Eddie serious fits but Eddie also has a solid chin.

This is a pretty ridiculous notion. You're basically saying Mighty Mouse doesn't deserve the title shot against Cruz because he hasn't fought at bantamweight in a while, when in reality no one deserves it more.

There's no reason to make a champion run the entire gauntlet of top 10s in a new division. They're already champions, if they dare and can make a case for their shot it should be given to them.

Hahaha. MM has cleaned out his whole division so much so where the newest Ultimate Fighter is to have a tournament for a title shot. Also, even if he wanted to fight Cruz (like so many other champs who've defended their title multiple times) the UFC would most likely make him vacate before having a title shot at a different weight class. Conor hasn't even defended his 145 title once and is allowed to fight while holding a title he's never defended. I understand he's the biggest draw the UFC's ever had by quite a large margin but to try and justify that he's earned this fight based on anything expect potential card buys is quite laughable.

5 of the last 10 PPV events had a 1 million + buyrate which is incredible.
Bisping/Hendo will probably be around 425k (Rockhold/Bisping did 320k).

Then UFC 205 will probably set a new record. They also have a lots of options left with Conor and they are waiting for the return of Ronda. The company never did better.

Such a shame that Cain isnt a bigger draw. Hes such a great fighter who was very unlucky in the past.

5 of the last 10 PPV events had a 1 million + buyrate which is incredible.
Bisping/Hendo will probably be around 425k (Rockhold/Bisping did 320k).

Then UFC 205 will probably set a new record. They also have a lots of options left with Conor and they are waiting for the return of Ronda. The company never did better.

Such a shame that Cain isnt a bigger draw. Hes such a great fighter who was very unlucky in the past.

Yeah 2016 is the biggest year ever for the UFC and 2015 was the biggest ever before this. Things look really good for MMA.

Yeah I like Cain a lot but the combination of injuries / him being a really reserved dude have kept him from becoming a bigger draw

Just watched the presser. Conor's "OR WHAT? OR WHAT? SHUT YOUR FUCKIN MOUTH" reminded me so much of Irish playground fights when I was a kid. Burst out laughing. So good man.

Coolade

So Conor's trolling has finally gotten to Jose Aldo and he is requesting his release from the UFC 😂

iHP1cI7.png

RK9039

Conor was like this for Diaz 2, and he won that. I mean he was a bit more reserved and serious. This pre-fight reading fighters is pointless anyways.

We really don't need fighters doing full WWE Mic work promos in this sport. The more fighters resort to it, the less it will draw as it becomes normalized and the less serious the sport will become.

Eanan

Tough style matchup for Conor, Eddie is a very physical fighter who will probably end up wrestlefucking Conor to death. I can see Conor's speed and accuracy giving Eddie serious fits but Eddie also has a solid chin.
Why does everyones post use wrestlefuck lately. That word has become so overused and instantly reeks of sherdog geeks.

Please stop.

Do people not remember that Alvarez got taken apart on the feet by Cowboy and Conor is a far better striker and harder hitter than Cowboy, surr its not an easy fight for Conor but hes going to make mince meat of him on the feet after stuffing a takedown and rattling Eddie. Eddie won't know what to do abd will get desperate for a takedown.

And Conor showed great takedown defence in the last fight vs Diaz.

Conor is longer, leaner and hits hard so will keep Eddie at range like he always does and massively crack him coming in on the overhand.

Eddie hasn't looked anything special so far in his UFC career.

Braag

Well that was an entertaining press conference. The trash talk was pretty hilarious, I'm still laughing at the "who the fuck is this guy?" line. That's gonna haunt Stephens for a while I bet.

Stephens wikipedia page has also been edited. It says he lost to Conor at UFC 205.

The Beard

Well that was an entertaining press conference. The trash talk was pretty hilarious, I'm still laughing at the "who the fuck is this guy?" line. That's gonna haunt Stephens for a while I bet.

Stephens wikipedia page has also been edited. It says he lost to Conor at UFC 205.

The side to side look that Conor gave right before dropping that line cracks me up too. I watched that little exchange like 10 times. Lol

Takuan

Conor runs the UFC. Very unfair, but I'm excited to watch the fight.

Personally, I think Eddie takes it by RNC.

-MD-

Dana will remind Aldo and his manager how much he stands to gain from a Conor rematch and Aldo will shut his mouth and wait his turn. He's not getting that kind of pay day in Bellator.

Did you read the article?

He said he wanted to retire from the sport, not fight in Bellator.

Jezbollah

Did you read the article?

He said he wanted to retire from the sport, not fight in Bellator.

He want to retire OR he want's his release. Why do you think he would want his release?

Anyway, Jose just bought Conor some more time as 145lb title holder.

That's hilarious, the way Conor held up the division for an entire year by not defending his belt while the UFC puts on these carny ass fights just to pander to his ego, lol lol Aldo so butthurt by that mad trolling

For real? It's hilarious that the FW champ who was unbeaten for TEN YEARS got so pissed at the UFCs disrespect of any kind of ranking system that he wants to leave?? Grow up ffs

Oscar

Why does everyones post use wrestlefuck lately. That word has become so overused and instantly reeks of sherdog geeks.

Please stop.

Do people not remember that Alvarez got taken apart on the feet by Cowboy and Conor is a far better striker and harder hitter than Cowboy, surr its not an easy fight for Conor but hes going to make mince meat of him on the feet after stuffing a takedown and rattling Eddie. Eddie won't know what to do abd will get desperate for a takedown.

And Conor showed great takedown defence in the last fight vs Diaz.

Conor is longer, leaner and hits hard so will keep Eddie at range like he always does and massively crack him coming in on the overhand.

Eddie hasn't looked anything special so far in his UFC career.
I don't think you're being fair to Alvarez. Just like Conor had an off night against Diaz the first time, the Cerrone fight was similar in that aspect.

Alvarez looked great in his next three outings (Pettis/Melendez/RDA).

It's a pretty good matchup, and I hope it's a war.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom