• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Confess your gaming secrets/shame

kiphalfton

I have not played a single epic game I've gotten for free. That seems to be the general consensus though.

Pretty much same thing for most steam games I've bought though (I probably play 1/5 games I've bought).

I'm more of a collector at this point. Granted I've curbed my video game purchasing habits considerably this year, compared to the past 10 years.

Last edited:

Holammer

I own almost all post-SNES Nintendo consoles and.... I never touched an Zelda Games...

Owing BOTW on Wii U, never launched

EDIT : I'm fine with myself
I haven't bought Nintendo hardware since the GameCube and I have apparently played more recent Zelda games than thou.
Suppose that's another [incriminating] confession.
Just do yourself a favor and start playing BotW.

AZRoboto

Neo Member
I've not once finished a main console Zelda title on my initial playing through it - often finish it years later if even.

And yet they're all some of my favorite games - especially Majora which I have yet to ever finish.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
it wasnt until late 2021 when i got into many big game franchises since the only console i owned for the majority of the 8th gen was a 360, 2ds and a Wii U

A lot of games like Hitman, Call of Duty, Persona, Final Fantasy, Ratchet and Clank, etc are new to me and i haven't finished many of them yet. I still don't own a current gen Playstation and didn't even own any Playstations until 2021 when i bought the PS2, PS3 and PSvita.

Last edited:
I can't for the life of me understand the appeal of soulsborne games.

I tried Bloodborne several times. I bought Demon's Souls for the full $70 when the PS5 launched and tried my best to get into it.

I just don't get it. The games are legit crap in my experience.

I've never experienced this, but both times I tried to get into Doom 2016 I had to shut it off. There was something about the intensity and the sounds the enemies made that just set me on edge.
Really? Must have been a little too immersive if it got too much for you.

hemo memo

Gold Member
I rarely fuck with games after I beat them.

I took 100 hours to beat Fire Emblem Engage
That’s not a shame. I mean with games averaging at 25 hours and with many option + subscription services and backlog and getting older and limited time, it is the optimal way.

That’s not a shame. I mean with games averaging at 25 hours and with many option + subscription services and backlog and getting older and limited time, it is the optimal way.
Yeah, backlog is pretty much why I only play through the campaign for most games.

Although I often make an exception for character action games(my fav genre) since the gameplay becomes more and more fun the more you play those games and get to grips with the advanced mechanics.

Metnut

Played Elden ring for 75 hours and gave up after fighting the Elden Beast for about an hour. Didn’t find the battle fun and wanted to move on to another game.

Chasing him around with my pure melee/dex built just wasn’t doing it for me.

Last edited:

Humdinger

I'm one of those guys who play games on Easy sometimes, although I don't feel much shame about it. It's usually when I'm drinking beer, and my brain isn't functioning all that well. Or, sometimes, it's just because I'm getting tired of the challenge and just want to blow through a particular segment. I usually start on Normal, but sometimes I'll downshift to Easy.

Top Bottom