• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2016. The Manhattan Project

I think I didn't like Batman...or I'm more whatever about it.

Superman was alright.

I liked Green Arrow and Green Lanterns. I wasn't expecting to. If that Otto guy is staying on art on Green Arrow I'll probably keep getting it.

Am i supposed to know who that kid is on Batman?

tim1138

Week 1 Rebirth power rankings:

Green Arrow - that last page though
Green Lanterns - legitimately good with some humor
Superman - solid work from Tomasi, Mahnke's art kinda falls apart in the back half
Batman - interesting story with some random kid I didn't recognize.

ElNarez

Banned
I think I didn't like Batman...or I'm more whatever about it.

Superman was alright.

I liked Green Arrow and Green Lanterns. I wasn't expecting to. If that Otto guy is staying on art on Green Arrow I'll probably keep getting it.

Am i supposed to know who that kid is on Batman?

Duke Thomas, from Endgame and We Are Robin?

Zombine

Banned
Kirkman taking that Marvel route?

Only 6 issues this time around so I doubt they'll double ship. Still, something about Walking Dead events and shit covers that don't Instill much confidence...

Walking-Dead-157-cover-art-01.jpg

Hagi

Green Arrow was so good, though I'm not find of the your the man premise.

Yeah that was a bit awkward but I liked that they were playing off each other like they should be. I'm betting GA, Aquaman and Wonder Woman are going to be my favourite books out of Rebirth. Hopefully the Flash and Titans arent crap.

TheFlow

Banned
FUCK there is an outcast sale too?

now I gotta get all of batman and outcast. my fight money!

also I work soon so you guys better not spoil DEADLY CLASS or we going to fight

Only just got around to reading Star Wars #19. I didn't see the leader of the terrorists being
Eneb Ray.
Should have seen it coming really

TheFlow

Banned
]Moon Knight #3.

Madness or not I am glad that he decided he must escape no matter what. Wonder what's going to happen now that they..

5/5

Batman Rebirth #1

Classic batman intro, duke gets a cool upgrade ;), and Calendar man is terrifying.

5/5

Green Arrorw Rebirth #1

Honestly this is one of the best #1 I read of anything. The art, the panel placement, and the words all came together with the action. They got Green arrow's and Canary's voice just right and the chemistry is awesome. Percy makes you feel like these two belong together and Otto captures that. Percy said that he wanted this run to be on par with Court of Owls...he might get his wish.

5/5

Green Lanterns Rebirth #1

good setup, like how Hal is now a mentor. I dislike Baz's suit but love Cruz's

4/5

TheFlow

Banned
DEADLY CLASS #21
Everybody I liked or cared about is dead or went full on betrayal
fuck you Remender fuck you! you won't get away with this
ChrisTillmanIsAJerk.0.0.png

TheFlow

Banned
Paper Girls #6

Oh man this and Deadly class are full of "WTF is this" moments. I liked how BKV introduced the future to these girls and that
tv moment was fucking amazing

What has me worried is he is already introducing another huge twist without explaining anything from the last 5 issue
alternate realities of the same girl

The Rebirth books, besides Superman, were pretty fun intros! Green Arrow being the best.

Civil War II on the other hand? Garbage, and runs on an initial argument that legit doesn't make sense.

Ulysses or not, if Thanos is a threat, Thanos must go at all cost. Kinda cut and dry, Tony.

The Rebirth books, besides Superman, were pretty fun intros! Green Arrow being the best.

Civil War II on the other hand? Garbage, and runs on an initial argument that legit doesn't make sense.

Ulysses or not, if Thanos is a threat, Thanos must go at all cost. Kinda cut and dry, Tony.

Yeah, this book/event is aggressively stupid.

That wasn't his point at all. Ulysses is an unreliable shortcut. You use shortcuts, people die.

So. Who wants to tell me what they think happened in Hellboy In Hell?

From the other thread....

So much praise (and well deserved) for Green Arrow. I was not picking it and decide to go for it just because I want to read all one shoots. Glad I did it, it is the best one today. Got a lot of Longbow Hunters vibes at yhe beginning, which is great. Also, Seattle! I hate DC fictional cities, Star City can go to hell. I hated when DC came back using it after post Crysis Seatle. Was it the setting in n52 as well? I did not read it.

Although I would prefer a non-CEO Ollie. That is Bruce territory, I would like him more in a street level job. Also, still too young. And yes, that ladt page was bad....

ElNarez

Banned
That wasn't his point at all. Ulysses is an unreliable shortcut. You use shortcuts, people die.

So. Who wants to tell me what they think happened in Hellboy In Hell?

oh you mean shortcuts like
admitting you're giving Rhodey a lower-grade armor? which, maybe that's why he can't whistand Thanos' giga punch?

also, speaking of, Carol's way
prevented Thanos from getting a goddamn cosmic cube
. Whatever happened after, I'm putting that in the W column.

TONY IS WRONG AND YOU ARE WRONG IF YOU DEFEND HIM, STRAIGHT UP.

What was so great?

First of all, the art was fantastic. But more importantly, it returned to the roots of what made Green Arrow such a unique character in the first place - it focuses hugely on how he's a left-wing liberal trying to make the streets safer for the more impoverished community. Add in some great dialogue and interactions with Black Canary, and it's really just a fantastic read that captures the spirit of GA much more than anyone has for the past decade.

oh you mean shortcuts like
admitting you're giving Rhodey a lower-grade armor? which, maybe that's why he can't whistand Thanos' giga punch?

also, speaking of, Carol's way
prevented Thanos from getting a goddamn cosmic cube
. Whatever happened after, I'm putting that in the W column.

TONY IS WRONG AND YOU ARE WRONG IF YOU DEFEND HIM, STRAIGHT UP.

I don't agree with him but I don't think his argument is meritless either.

Penguin

So IDW just announced a mega-Hasbro crossover series, Revolution

hasbro.jpg

IDW has been teasing a mysterious “Revolution” banner for the past few months, and now EW can exclusively reveal the meaning. Revolution will be a five-issue biweekly event series, starting this September, that will bring together all of the company’s Hasbro properties: G.I. Joe, Transformers, Micronauts, ROM, Action Man, and M.A.S.K. (Mobile Armored Strike Kommand)). In its wake, all the series will kick off with new number one issues and a new status quo. But IDW editor-in-chief Chris Ryall insists this isn’t a reboot.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/06/01/idw-revolution-hasbro-universe

Top Bottom