• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! July |OT| - Independents Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean get Lemire or someone with some life in this bitch. Morrison needs to be put out to the pasture are this point. He can go write weird OGN that only he understands.

Morrison's Action Comics run will end with #16. He has no current plans for superhero books after that and Batman Incorporated #12 (also the end of his run), aside from Multiversity and the long-gestating Wonder Woman project.

300sw047yusw9.gif

This makes me happy.

Glad Morrison will be off Action, completely boring and lifeless thus far.

Damn fucking straight.

It was out of place. Mostly because you've just rebooted the entire universe, and want to retell Clark's first years as Superman in Metropolis. Yet after only just 8 issues you're giving us a filler elseworlds story already. At that point you've told us so little about the this new universe's Superman that throwing us a filler issue, was just annoying.

Thai

Bane was better.
Morrison's Action Comics run will end with #16. He has no current plans for superhero books after that and Batman Incorporated #12 (also the end of his run), aside from Multiversity and the long-gestating Wonder Woman project.

Good for him, but two-minded about this. his batman, ASS, jla, and new x-men were essential, defining runs. whereas i only really LOVED we3 out of his creator owned work. hopefully this means more books of that quality.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I'm thinking of catching up on Knightfall now after watching TDKR.
I'm wrapping up Knightfall: Vol 1, and disappointed that it didn't take much effort for Bane to learn Batman's identity. He basically just senses it after stalking Batman for a few nights, unless there's something that didn't make this collection.

I mean get Lemire or someone with some life in this bitch. Morrison needs to be put out to the pasture are this point. He can go write weird OGN that only he understands.
Lemire said last night that he's starting a "top secret new DC project." He "[hasn't] been this excited about a character since I started working on Animal Man."

He's said it's not Batman, Superman, Red Tornado, Donna Troy, Stephanie Brown, Wally West, The Atom. He says it's not in the Dark line, and it's a character who's already in the DCU. He also specifically said he won't be taking over Action Comics or Batman Incorporated.

Today he says that on top of Animal Man, Justice League Dark and the end of Sweet Tooth, that he has two DCU projects and a new Vertigo project. He also said at Comic Con that his new Vertigo series, which he's writing and drawing, would launch before year's end. I would guess December to capitalize on Sweet Tooth's end.

I'll buy anything Lemire writes and/or draws, so this cool. So long as he doesn't end up over extended, but he seems to be managing quite well.

Then it's Shazaam. Cuz he pitched that hard with Cully but Geoff had plans for him and we know him and Cyborg are getting books soon.

And that's a little too much for DC to delay Batman Inc.

Garryk

Scott Snyder has said a few times on twitter (not recently, I follow him) that he would be interested in writing Superman comics.

I don't really know how I would feel about a Snyder Supes (not a character that lends himself to Snyder's style IMO), but at this point DC wouldn't think twice about letting him do anything.

Here's one from June 4th:

Scott Snyder ‏@Ssnyder1835
Yes, I would :) RT @mikeyzjames: @Ssnyder1835 Would you have any interest in writing Superman?

Saga 5: Dammit, BKV. Only 5 issues in and you already have to give us that swift hit to the gut?

Really, this books just continues to impress me.

Read Fatale: Vol 1 earlier in the week, and that was damned good stuff. The combination of noir and Lovecraft is great. I'm very much looking forward to reading more of that.

Yeah, Fatale is pretty incredible. I absolutely love the atmosphere that Brubaker has built, and the combination of noir and Lovecraft is just a match made in heaven. Not to mention the characters have all proven themselves to be fascinating. This has easily been one of the best new books of the year, and the start of the second arc has me really curious about where it will go.

Lemire said last night that he's starting a "top secret new DC project." He "[hasn't] been this excited about a character since I started working on Animal Man."

He's said it's not Batman, Superman, Red Tornado, Donna Troy, Stephanie Brown, Wally West, The Atom. He says it's not in the Dark line, and it's a character who's already in the DCU. He also specifically said he won't be taking over Action Comics or Batman Incorporated.

Today he says that on top of Animal Man, Justice League Dark and the end of Sweet Tooth, that he has two DCU projects and a new Vertigo project. He also said at Comic Con that his new Vertigo series, which he's writing and drawing, would launch before year's end. I would guess December to capitalize on Sweet Tooth's end.

I'll buy anything Lemire writes and/or draws, so this cool. So long as he doesn't end up over extended, but he seems to be managing quite well.

That's definitely some intriguing news. Lemire has quickly been establishing himself as a favorite of mine, so I'm glad that he's going to be getting some other exciting projects coming soon. I've been saying to a friend lately that I really would love a Lemire written Doom Patrol series.

Isak_Borg

I'm wrapping up Knightfall: Vol 1, and disappointed that it didn't take much effort for Bane to learn Batman's identity. He basically just senses it after stalking Batman for a few nights, unless there's something that didn't make this collection.

Most likely the robin series folks.have been rumoring for awhile why we've had the whole.robin awesomeness in barman and robin.

Can't wait to see everyone's response to this week's uncanny x-force rememnders tweet wasn't about phantomex -)

Scott Snyder has said a few times on twitter (not recently, I follow him) that he would be interested in writing Superman comics.

I don't really know how I would feel about a Snyder Supes (not a character that lends himself to Snyder's style IMO), but at this point DC wouldn't think twice about letting him do anything.

Here's one from June 4th:

Scott Snyder ‏@Ssnyder1835
Yes, I would :) RT @mikeyzjames: @Ssnyder1835 Would you have any interest in writing Superman?

Snyder is great at putting his character in vulnerable situations. This could be amazing, despite the fact that I hate superman.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
It was out of place. Mostly because you've just rebooted the entire universe, and want to retell Clark's first years as Superman in Metropolis. Yet after only just 8 issues you're giving us a filler elseworlds story already. At that point you've told us so little about the this new universe's Superman that throwing us a filler issue, was just annoying.

First of all, you don't know that it's filler (I very much doubt it is). Secondly, you hate Morrison, why are you even reading it?

First of all, you don't know that it's filler (I very much doubt it is). Secondly, you hate Morrison, why are you even reading it?

Morrison is off the book in 5 months, we already know that issue 12, and issue 0 don't have anything to do with issue 9. He has to wrap up how Clark get's Clark Kent back, and starts opening up to these people, and make issue 9 pay off in some way. He set up a story of multiverses and this unstoppable force that he'll have 3 issues TOPS to do justice with. I just don't see it happening.

I'm reading it because Superman is one of my favorite characters, he's the one character I've read pretty much consistently since I was a little kid. Just because some shitty writer is on one of his books doesn't mean I give up on the character.

Why does it offend you so much that I don't like Morrison? Are you dating him?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Morrison is off the book in 5 months, we already know that issue 12, and issue 0 don't have anything to do with issue 9. He has to wrap up how Clark get's Clark Kent back, and starts opening up to these people, and make issue 9 pay off in some way. He set up a story of multiverses and this unstoppable force that he'll have 3 issues TOPS to do justice with. I just don't see it happening.

I'm reading it because Superman is one of my favorite characters, he's the one character I've read pretty much consistently since I was a little kid. Just because some shitty writer is on one of his books doesn't mean I give up on the character.

Why does it offend you so much that I don't like Morrison? Are you dating him?

No, I just find your schtick really annoying.

And I would totally date Morrison in a heartbeat.

I'm betting #9 was a multiversity prequel or something - Morrison is a writer who very very rarely introduces a concept without doing anything with it later.

Mifune

Mehmber
I doubt Action Comics is so bad that it nullifies the sheer beautiful brilliance of All-Star Superman. At this point in his career, Morrison has amassed enough free passes to write a series of prose comics about the Joker (yuck).

B-Ri

Who's got Batman Inc. #3?

PM me if you do!

Or if you can get me in touch with a comic store owner, PM me as well! <3

No, I just find your schtick really annoying.
And I would totally date Morrison in a heartbeat.
I'm betting #9 was a multiversity prequel or something - Morrison is a writer who very very rarely introduces a concept without doing anything with it later.

Not liking something is not a schtick. I don't care for his writing, and even though you try to devalue my opinion and call it a schtick, it's a still a valid opinion.
That's no different than me dismissing you with, well you're just a Morrison fan boy and I find that really annoying.
Well see if issue 9 ever pays off, I have a feeling it won't and it wouldn't be the first time in comics.

Tizoc

I personally love Morrison's run on Action Comics, sad to see he'll be off it tho. I can never have enough Morrison in my life =(

Batman and Daredevil crossover would be so boss.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Not liking something is not a schtick. I don't care for his writing, and even though you try to devalue my opinion and call it a schtick, it's a still a valid opinion.
That's no different than me dismissing you with, well you're just a Morrison fan boy and I find that really annoying.
Well see if issue 9 ever pays off, I have a feeling it won't and it wouldn't be the first time in comics.

Not liking something is considers a shtick around these parts. I don't care for Morrison at all - even his acclaimed Batman run is a convoluted mess.

Garryk

*glorious daredevil pages*

Thank you, Based Allred

This is why I want Waid to write more books. His stable of artists can't be beat. They had the Marvel conference call with the DD creative team on Word Balloon a few weeks ago and it was fantastic. Had Waid, Samnee, Rivera, Allred, and Wacker on the call.

EDIT: lol Stilt Man

Not liking something is considers a shtick around these parts. I don't care for Morrison at all - even his acclaimed Batman run is a convoluted mess.

Yeah, Morrison's writing seems like he is trying to out think himself. It's just too cute and doesn't really understand dynamics to progress a story.

Zebra

Hey folks.

I was hoping to get some input on whether or not Thief of Thieves is worth picking up? Has anyone here been reading it? Is it any good?

Isak_Borg

Batman Inc 3.... would rather Batman be delayed over Inc. This series can't catch a break.

I read it today as i pulled all of the copies and I get why the pulled it but still stupid.

It's a fun issue with a big focus on Damian doing well what he does ;D, oh well, you'll read it in a month or so.

Edit: anyone see comic shop heroes? I'm in the last couple of minutes of it looking pissed as fuck!

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
This brah literally wants to have TWD be 1000 issues long. He will put an entire generation of readers to sleep.

I don't think there's that many people in the us to kill off.

Kirkman is a shit writer always has been and always will be, also he's not writing it just plotting it nick spencer is the actual writer. It's a crap title that lost me at issue 3.

He lost me when he killed a certain character. All that reservation made me drop it completely. He just introduces people to kill them off later.

He lost me when he killed a certain character. All that reservation made me drop it completely. He just introduces people to kill them off later.

No doubt, but "anybody can die at anytime" is not tensions. When the brahs just sit around and monologue the whole time and incidentally end up in a new community. There's just no fucking plot to this story and it sickens me that it is the face of independent comics.

Isak_Borg

he lost me with his ultimate x-men run and he relies of shock value on the walking dead, it's his crutch. oh, shit book is getting boring let me kill someone. one trick pony.

Isak_Borg

No doubt, but "anybody can die at anytime" is not tensions. When the brahs just sit around and monologue the whole time and incidentally end up in a new community. There's just no fucking plot to this story and it sickens me that it is the face of independent comics.

there are some great indys out there fatale, manhattan projects, BPRD, saga.... I could go on but Hickman is the enemy!

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

he lost me with his ultimate x-men run and he relies of shock value on the walking dead, it's his crutch. oh, shit book is getting boring let me kill someone. one trick pony.

Its all he has to go on with the walking dead. It seeps into invincible too, but being a cape series they can come back one way or another. Ill say this though. He better mind the way he handles andrea in the future. If its done as bad as the recent death, I'm sure quite a few people will quit.

Garryk

Let's talk DC for a minute. Is anyone still reading Frankenstein or JL Dark? I stopped reading Frankie because Lemire was dropping off and now my man is on JLD. I really liked Frank and I read that Kindt was doing a good job.

Also, is anyone going to pick up 'Tec once Layman starts his run?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom