• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Christmas Shopping community to help poor souls without imagination

Tenaciousmo

It's that time of the year when you start to look at your brother, sister, lover, parents, significant enough person, and attribute a Monetary value to them JK. Since I seem to be struggling to find one for one of the following, I was thinking why not turn to GAF for help. Post what you bought / Think of buying, discuss.

Current gifts I got going :

Father : The Noma guide to fermentation (Cookbook) - he's a professional chef that has a garden and always has too much produce left over. - Bonus : He hates receiving gifts which is always fun.

Mom - I'm a bad son and haven't found anything yet. 35 days remaining, not too stressed about it.

Younger sister : An incredibly cute dutch oven - She just got an apartment and she still doesn't have one, and wanted one.

Older Brother : Set of Decanter and Lowball glasses - Whiskey enthusiast, might add a whisky in it.

Little brother : 2 Kettlebells and a good Jump-rope - likes to train but doesn't have much equipment or access to a gym

NO QT3.14 GF ;_;
Reminder: Even if they say they don't want anything doesn't mean you shouldn't get them anything.

Last edited:

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
I deny that Christmas exists and don't buy any relatives presents even though I can more than afford it.

GAMETA

Banned
We usually get and give things that are necessary...

I'll be gifted some t-shirts by my wife, I'll get her new sneakers and clothes, a purse for my mother in law (she'll prob. give me socks)... I'll get a new Switch game or tabletop game for my son and that's it.

Tesseract

Banned
I deny that Christmas exists and don't buy any relatives presents even though I can more than afford it.
opa7kjrrokw21.gif

Bad dragon dildos for all

I want to be your secret santa recipient

I typically dont force gifts for my fam/friends every year. If i think of something worthwhile in a year ill gift it. The neices and nephews always get stuff though. Wife and i usually skip gofts for eachother as we typically treat ourselves to whatever we want throughout the yr anyways. Plus well discuss and rather spens the money on a trip etc.

Last edited:

Weilthain

Banned
Sometimes my siblings will start a chat between us discussing what to buy our parents.

“hey all, looking at these tea cups, not sure which set to go for ”
....I stay out of it. My dad hates Christmas, it makes him sad because he’s like 83 and it brings back memories and stuff. My mum would just like us all to be there on Christmas, but my bros and sisters all go out with their friends instead. But they buy tea cups and shit, that’s what really matters.

I bought her the best vacuum cleaner ever this year already and I pay for her phone. Not going to over think presents. Dad can get some peace and not be forced to do shit he’ll like that.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck forced consumerism. Just get people presents randomly throughout the year if you care. Or don't.

SkdkfGs.jpg

Boat nun judges you for celebrating a Holiday that has nothing to do with our lord's birthday.

Kagey K

Banned
If they don‘t already own one I would suggest an Instant Pot for everyone. It’s guaranteed to be on sale on Black Friday and single handedly changed the way my family makes food in the last year.

It is the best kitchen appliance to come out since the microwave.

Top Bottom