• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chivalry 2 PS5 Leaked, Has Cross-Play With Xbox Series X, Xbox One, PS4 & PC

chiv2-768x432.jpg

Chivalry 2 has been revealed for PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 a little earlier than publisher Deep Silver intended. Originally supposed to be fully revealed later today, a now removed YouTube (spotted by the folks over at Twinfinite) appears to show that not only is the previously PC exclusive title coming to PlayStation 5, but that it will also be fully cross-play enabled too.

You can catch the screenshot at the end of the trailer which proves the cross-play bonafides of Chivalry 2:

chivalry-2-ps5-768x419.jpg

For the uninitiated, Chivalry 2 is a online multiplayer medieval combat title which seeks to replicate the battles of old across 64 player battlefields. While we wait for the full announcement, you can catch the Chivalry 2 synopsis from the official site below:

RETURN TO THE ULTIMATE MEDIEVAL BATTLEFIELD
Chivalry 2 is a multiplayer first person slasher inspired by epic medieval movie battles. Players are thrust into the action of every iconic moment of the era – from the thunder of cavalry charges, to storms of flaming arrows, sprawling castle sieges and more.
EPIC CINEMATIC EXPERIENCE
DOMINATE MASSIVE 64-PLAYER BATTLEFIELDS

Catapults tear the earth apart as players lay siege to castles, set fire to villages and slaughter filthy peasants in the return of grand Team Objective maps. Ride to war on horseback and claim glory by your blade.
BECOME A KNIGHT OF LEGEND
ESCAPE YOUR MUNDANE LIFE

Are ye a heroic warrior, or a blood-soaked murderer? Keep fighting and gurgling out battlecries even when wounded, bleeding out and missing limbs. Enhanced player expression brings thousands of hilarious new voice-lines and deep character customization.
MASTER THE BLADE
UNLEASH YOUR INNER BEAST WITH WEIGHTY, PHYSICAL AND SATISFYING COMBAT
A revamped, faster and more fluid combat system offers an expanded range of creative choices, allowing players to perfect their playstyle. Immersive sound and effects ensure every blow lands with the sickening thud of steel sinking into bone.

Strike me down if already posted

edit

Full trailer just played in IGN Summer of Gaming

Last edited:

Matt_Fox

If PC is included I hope they can keep it a level playing field without any cheating little gits!

All kinds of auto-block, aim bot, auto parry crap ruining Mordhau on PC.

Last edited:

Rolla

Banned
Once I get a PS5 it's a wrap for me and last gen games. I know some might find that controversial it's just how it is. The fact that this has cross play with last gen means I'll probably skip it. That's not a knock on the game, just preference.

MiguelItUp

I'm so stoked about cross-platform becoming much more common. I can't wait! I LOVED the first Chivalry, LOVED Mordhau, and I'm sure I'll love this. Just hoping it's a good mix of the two of them.

iJudged

Banned
Personally I couldn't think of anything worse. (Thisisneogaf.gif)

Most FPS' on console are ruined with M+KB mods, last thing I want is some PC nerd swinging his lead about.
yeah there's going to be an option to disable that if you don't want it

yeah there's going to be an option to disable that if you don't want it
Where have I heard this before?

That option will be optional for an amount of time the company decides it's optional.

Cross-play is a was of saving a dying game that deserves to die. If it's good, people will play it, if not, they won't.

You got auto-aim so quit crying and let people enjoy games with their friends no matter their platform of choice.
One day, when you've finished puberty, you'll have a thing called a job. With that job you can buy things, many things, wonderful things, you and your friends could even buy every console and play together on the same platform.

magaman

Banned
Mordhau (spelling?) seems to be the superior offering. Console guys will at least get a chance to play this though, even though it looks a bit janky and is missing a lot of the depth that Mordhau offers.

Top Bottom