• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap av to hdmi converters, worth it?

Anki

Banned
Are they?
I am looking for a way to connect my original xbox to TV (mainly to play emulators) and I found this device: https://bit.ly/3z4wezU
Is it good, or should I look for other alternatives.

Max_Po

Banned
They are generally crap. I picked up a component to hdmi for testing and there is alot of signal noise.

I also have an OSSC ..... now I go
GameCube/xbox component ---> OSSC ---> TV

Tschumi

The only way you'll get ps2 or gcn or anything pre-hdmi looking like it did is with abig ol' crt.

Av to hdmi converters don't add pixels, don't fill in the gaps, they just scale it up.

baphomet

That was my plan but apparently my tv has only hdmi inputs.

Component to HDMI converter. Ideally not an upscaler. Just something that will take in and spit out 480p. There's much better, but much more expensive options. I don't think that's what you're looking for though.

If you are only after emulators I would say your better bet is to get a modded mini console of some variety that has native hdmi. The converters you are talking about cost about as much as say a cheap ps1 mini so I’d go with one of those

Top Bottom