• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain America: Civil War | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korten

Banned
Still iffy on this whole storyline being brought to life... Going to suck seeing Tony probably protrayed as Evil. (Since no doubt the public will hate him for Ultron.)

Frog-fu

Banned
Evans is as much Cap to me as RDJ is Iron Man.

I don't think either as on Jackman's level yet though. Definitely in the same league. Like, I can't imagine anyone replacing any of these three actors, but with Jackman it's something else entirely. He just is Wolverine.

FairyD

I'm hoping Cap dies just so we can get that scene where Tony is looking over his dead body to say it wasn't worth it. Then Bucky becomes the new Cap and finally in Infinity Gem Part 1 they resurrect Cap.

Evans is as much Cap to me as RDJ is Iron Man.

I don't think either as on Jackman's level yet though. Definitely in the same league. Like, I can't imagine anyone replacing any of these three actors, but with Jackman it's something else entirely. He just is Wolverine.

Weird - I feel the opposite. But I'm still stuck on comic portrayals.

Frog-fu

Banned
I'm hoping Cap dies just so we can get that scene where Tony is looking over his dead body to say it wasn't worth it. Then Bucky becomes the new Cap and finally in Infinity Gem Part 1 they resurrect Cap.

Please no. Evans needs to stay on Cap as long as possible. Maybe he can die in The Avengers 3 after wildin' on Thanos with MJOLNIR.

Blader

Jackman isn't really the comic Wolverine, but he's definitely carved out of his own iconic version of the character.

BLACKLAC

Don't see how you can pick a side with so little info at this point.

But just on the general concept I agree with Tony. Regular folks with the ability to kill thousands on a bad day with relative ease needs to be kept in check. Especially if there are hundreds/thousands.

Anyone on team Cap would be more irrational than gun nuts.

Still iffy on this whole storyline being brought to life... Going to suck seeing Tony probably protrayed as Evil. (Since no doubt the public will hate him for Ultron.)

It's highly unlikely that RDJ is going to be portrayed as a villain. Cautiously optimistic that the film will do what the original story utterly failed to do by making both sides sympathetic.

Fj0823

#teamMommyDaddystopfighting

iron-man-civil-war-deep2.jpg

Cant wait for this film.

This completely spoils the completely predictable ending....

And I love it

Akahige

Didn't realize Hawkeye was going to be in this, hopefully they work their magic on him like they did with Black Widow in TWS.

Xandalan

Neo Member
I don't post often bare with me. One version of civil war ends with steve dying I feel Tony doesn't realize his actions until they lead to someones death his foolishness leads to steve's death. I wouldn't know how to write him till infinity war part 2 but i had this idea. Tony, Hulk, the Guardians, Captain Marvel, whoever is fighting Thanos.

I feel time is the most powerful gem and they can not guard against it so they devise a plan to remove it from the gauntlet. I don't see how you can win if you control time on your side. They finally get it removed. I must emphasize that steve is dead and bucky the winter soldier has taken up his legacy. Everyone is estastic but tony immediately goes for it not to beat thanos but he wants to correct steve's death more than anything. He grabs it and goes to a earlier scene seen in civil war. He spills his soul to steve telling him he was wrong and wanting to reach an agreement. Filling satisfied he goes back to the present fighting thanos.

Hoping to see steve he doesn't it is still Bucky and he is disheartened. They still unearth the time gem from the gauntlet cause its overpowered and asks why his actions didn't matter. They did however, the original timeline ended with a massive distrust of heroes and terrible riots and misunderstandings. Tony going back in time created a new timeline where the original distrust was combated by both of them leading to a new trust in heroes. The original timeline would be heroes thinking humanity doesn't know anything we gotta beat Thanos, The new one would be humanity still trusts us they sent us out there.

I say this next part because this is not comics but building on the cinematic universe. Of course cap was worthy for mjolnir and that scene from the comics is amazing. It will be upsetting to steal an amazing moment from the comics but what if tony after realizing how he was wrong and seeing how he has no control but wanting to save his friends gives it all up and becomes worthy.

We expect cap of course he would be worthy. But lets change comics for a moment tony was terrible in civil war and in the movies. Lets let him be completely changed and inspiried. Let him close and die in this infinity war movie. He finally only cares about fixing wrong, giving up his pride and looking out for himself helping his friends and letting go of his guilt. If that isn't worthy then whats the point. Tony Stark picks up mjolnir and lets Thanos have it he first tries with the iron man armor of course it doesnt work. He doesn't care anymore and picks it up himself. Insert scenes he lets Thanos have it. He dies because a human and a hammer can't beat a titan and a all powerful glove but he gave it his all. He dies Captain Marvell and the Guardians defeat him and he dies a hero that wasn;t but realized a real hero is who gives his all.

Xandalan

Neo Member
Sorry I forgot to add why Tony would use the time gem only for that in the first place. He is selfish and can not handle death from what we have seen. He respects and probably loves Steve and all he focuses on is fixing that, Which is more interesting given he could travel at any point in time I like to think that before meeting him he was just drifting and upon meeting him he was going through the motions. Being able to choose a point in time to go to probably says the most about anyone doesn't matter if it doesn't make sense.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I honestly hope the film is brave enough to address the actual ambiguity at the heart of the matter and not have Steve or Tony seem completely "right". Like, everyone recognizes that the politics in the original Civil War storyline were insane right? If you swapped out the word "superhero" for "gun owner" in almost any description of it you could write you would create a chain email from your crazy uncle

Eh, to say that Civil War was right-wing or left-wing or libertarian is to give it far more credit than it deserves.

Even without the godawful "the fascists were right all along!" twist ending that was in no way foreshadowed by the first six issues, it's a confused mishmash of vaguely topical elements that has nothing coherent to say about the Marvel Universe, let alone any real-world political issue.

But just on the general concept I agree with Tony. Regular folks with the ability to kill thousands on a bad day with relative ease needs to be kept in check. Especially if there are hundreds/thousands.

I honestly wouldn't be super surprised to see the MCU make Steve the pro-registration hero (all about 1940s New Deal Democrat democratic accountability) and Tony the libertarian.

It's possible that Civil War will - beyond the possible Winter Soldier stuff - be about an attempt to put Tony on trial for Ultron's crimes. If it's an international incident, that'd explain Black Panther's presence in the film.

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, 3 is a lot? lol

Well 4

Nick Fury
Iron Patriot
Falcon
Black panther

4 black heros

iron man
cap
bucky
hawkeye
widow

Almost half of the stars are black. That is impressive

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I so wish Marvel got the rights to Spidey back for this. Civil War simply isn't the same without him.

How hilarious would it be if they got the rights back, brought back Maguire, then did a "One More Day" reboot for the film series.

Well 4

Nick Fury
Iron Patriot
Falcon
Black panther

4 black heros

iron man
cap
bucky
hawkeye
widow

Almost half of the stars are black. That is impressive

Don't forget Hulk.

GAMEPROFF

Banned

Dark Reign proofed that Tony was horrible wrong.

Frog-fu

Banned

You do realise that this control/registration program comes from the same people that built giant worships with technology to take out people all over the world, thus making the punishment come before the crime, i.e. ruling the world through fear under the guise of protecting freedom? Might have been HYDRA taking it over, but the project was supported by non-HYDRA until it was turned against them.

Cap knows the system, and he rightfully so doesn't trust it. Tony is still just a guy in suit with no super powers beyond that, so from his perspective, people like Cap, Thor, Hulk, etc. - they're all potential threats and he can't help but consider that possibility because he's a genius that likes to be prepared for everything.

If there were some kind of guarantee they could register and monitor supernaturals without infringing on their freedom and liberty, then Cap would probably support it.

Wazzy

Banned
I'm actually so excited to see Black Panther that Spiderman not being in this isn't as big of a deal.
He's a loveable douche.
Dudes a republican and doesn't support feminism, I ain't here for that. Plus all the Mel Gibson crap.

Though I do have to say I was completely crushed when I learned he wasn't as amazing as I thought. I was rooting for you RD.

I look forward to seeing this with my daughter. It'll be interesting to see which wins out, her utter hatred of Captain America, or her utter hatred of government telling people what to do.

Dudes a republican and doesn't support feminism, I ain't here for that. Plus all the Mel Gibson crap

I know he spoke about his time in prison and he could not come out of that experience as a liberal, but I don't know that he is a Republican. Do you have any proof of that?

In any case, I was talking about onscreen charisma so your response is irrelevant to my post.

Wazzy

Banned
I know he spoke about his time in prison and he could not come out of that experience as a liberal, but I don't know that he is a Republican. Do you have any proof of that?

In any case, I was talking about onscreen charisma so your response is irrelevant to my post.
It was that and he attended a Republican National Convention in 2008.

I don't think he's an outspoken republican but it's been speculated for a long time now that he is one and he's never spoken against it.

Also my post wasn't meant to be taken as anything but a jab a RDJ.

12d52d35f84cce17d7709d04a0480de5.jpg

RDJ nooo! D:
It's okay! *hug*

We can still love him as Iron Man since he'll always be who I picture as Tony Stark.

Hex

Banned
rumlow
kills cap IMO
under the guidance of the still dead underground
Nick fury
he finds Bucky and turns him into captain america IMO

Fury is in the Avengers trailer.
I am fairly sure that they will find out that he is alive.

Wazzy

Banned
what? that he didn't drop his long-time friend immediately and is still grateful that Mel helped him during his rough years? yeah, total dick move

Anyway: Team Cap.
His remarks about Mel are ridiculously stupid. If he wants to stay friends with him, that's on him but trying to force Hollywood to forgive him is where he's an ass.

Obviously it's not something we agree on so I'm not going to debate why I think he's an ass and you don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom