• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom Showcase is coming on June 13 with updates on previously announced games.

YukiOnna

2022-06-07T0927306784114910200.png
Here I go again
unknown.png

Esca

I'd really like to see Monster Hunter World 2 but I know it won't show since I want to see it. Otherwise more SF6 info and new reveals
I'll be happy to see whatever they show, I've always been a fan of their games in general.

yurinka

I'd really like to see Monster Hunter World 2 but I know it won't show since I want to see it. Otherwise more SF6 info and new reveals
I'll be happy to see whatever they show, I've always been a fan of their games in general.
It's still too early for MHW2, they will release Sunbreak now and are busy with RE stuff, SF6 or Dragon's Dogma 2. You'll have to wait a year or two to see MHW2 -aka MH6- announced.

Last edited:
As expected, Sunbreak will be there

Can't wait for next year too see a true next gen monster hunter game. I really hate it when Capcom decides to shoot themselves in the foot and put a game like on MH on a platform that starts having seizures when it farts.

Just leave the Switch alone and stop wasting your efforts. Let Nintendo release their games on there and that's it. I love Luigi Mansion 3, Mario Oddesey, Smash and Animal Crossing, but that's because Nintendo knows their limits and utilizes the Switch properly. Then Capcom dumbs down a game and makes the next entry here. So stupid lol.

Show me a PS5 Monster Hunter please. Can't believe after MH World they went to a Switch game. Monster Hunter World was 4 steps forward and then Rise went 6 step backwards...

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
So you enjoyed a game that's a downgrade from World? Rise is a fun game, but it's such a downgrade overall :/ imo
Its the agility of the character, the colors of the environment, and the whole flow of the game. World definitely has its good points, but I really enjoyed Rise. The music was excellent. Even considered getting a couple tracks off the OST via iTunes. It was good for me all the way down to grinding items for better gear. I had a great time with World, but I was sucked into Rise.

Its the agility of the character, the colors of the environment, and the whole flow of the game. World definitely has its good points, but I really enjoyed Rise. The music was excellent. Even considered getting a couple tracks off the OST via iTunes. It was good for me all the way down to grinding items for better gear. I had a great time with World, but I was sucked into Rise.
See I much prefer slower paced movement in MH games. I feel like World had a perfect mix of old and new.

The levels in Rise kind of feel empty for me and bland. At this point I feel that Monster Hunter formula can benefit immensely from an SSD.

Imagine if there is no more loading screens going in and out of town. And the town is connected to the world and you simply walk out. You just pick up a quest an an NPC or the quest board and just walk/run to the location. Imagine if the biomes are also interconnected. The game would just feel a lot more alive and immersive.

I believe making an interconnected world free of load screens would be next logical evolutionary step moving forward. And no, I don't want MH to become an MMO or anything like that, I think that would feel a tad weird. But it would be cool if on occasion you can see another hunter fighting a random monster as you pass by. Obviously you could turn on/off solo.

Sorry, I am a big MH fan and get super giddy. I hope Capcom does something amazing with MH7.

I believe MH Rise counts as MH6. World was MH5. Capcom did clarify that MH Rise is a mainline title so.

YukiOnna

So you enjoyed a game that's a downgrade from World? Rise is a fun game, but it's such a downgrade overall :/ imo
Personally, Rise in everyway down to setting & gameplay was better than World, but to each their own since it was a matter of preference.

Top Bottom