• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can't download purchased game (Xbox 360)

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
Already asked at Microsofts forum but I dont seem to get an answer, so I will try again here.

I've purchased Fable 2 via Xbox Game Store on the Xbox 360 yesterday but I cant donwload it. It downloads rather slowly till about 80% and then restarts at 0% and the same again and again. Whats the problem?

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Not yet. I definitely have enough space on my console though.
I’d try resetting your network connection with the reboot. I’d also delete the current download and restart after the reboot. You might even try power cycling your Xbox too, pull the power, wait a couple seconds, and then plug it back in. Basic troubleshooting steps first.

Mista

Banned
Try hard resetting your console and unplug the power cable for half a minute. While doing that unplug your router/modem too

I faced this issue once before and that solved it. Report back so we fix this issue for you :)

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
I pulled the plug from my network now, waited a little, deleted my connection with my xbox, reconnected, deleted the file and the cache of my xbox and just started the download again. wait and see.

Is there something else you could uninstall? Could be that it's trying to install to a fucky part of the HDD, making some space might allow it to finish. Or change the install location to an external drive if you have one.

Fox Mulder

It’s something on MS’s end. The Xbox 360 subreddit has people with this problem too with other games.

Live has also been getting pounded with all the quarantine shit.

Last edited:
S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
I pulled the plug from my network now, waited a little, deleted my connection with my xbox, reconnected, deleted the file and the cache of my xbox and just started the download again. wait and see.
well that didnt work. tried another time with resetting my xbox, unplugging it and unplugging my network, but still the same. no fable 2 for me :messenger_persevering:

LNXD

Neo Member
I just tried it with a game and the download restarted at 80%. So it’s them.
There are some 360 games with region lock. Sometime you can buy it and start downloading but when it reaches 80% checks your ip and returns to 0, in the xbo there is no region problem. In the 360 80% already downloaded the entire game, the remaining 20% is checking, installation, etc... Maybe the server has a problem to authenticate it or the HDD.

Last edited:

RSB

Banned
This happened to me with Ninja Gaiden Black like 9 years ago. It was a problem on their end (eventually got fixed)

Shantae

Banned
Already asked at Microsofts forum but I dont seem to get an answer, so I will try again here.

I've purchased Fable 2 via Xbox Game Store on the Xbox 360 yesterday but I cant donwload it. It downloads rather slowly till about 80% and then restarts at 0% and the same again and again. Whats the problem?
I recently bought Tomb Raider Legend, and Tomb Raider Anniversary on Xbox 360 as well. Anniversary downloads just fine, but I also have had that same exact proble with Legend. It gets to 80%, and then just drops down to 0% and starts all over. It did it multiple times until I gave up.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
Well thank you still. Hope they will fix it soon. :)

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
Just wanted to add that it finally works again. Also downloaded Assassins Creed Revelations after finising 1 and 2 (With 2 being 100x
superior tbh, the original is aight but kinda feels like a beta version of the later games).

Banned
Just wanted to add that it finally works again. Also downloaded Assassins Creed Revelations after finising 1 and 2 (With 2 being 100x
superior tbh, the original is aight but kinda feels like a beta version of the later games).

AC2 was a huge improvement... just sucks that the series completely went downhill after it IMO, especially when it comes to the story, they completely fucked that up.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
AC2 was a huge improvement... just sucks that the series completely went downhill after it IMO, especially when it comes to the story, they completely fucked that up.

AC1 had the mechanics, with AC2 actually building a surprisingly (for me) good game with those mechanics. It's an huge improvment in every aspect for sure. I enjoy AC Revelations but I haven't played much so far. There are some additions I really like and some I am not to sure about (like the RTS section where have to defend the base of the assassins from the templers). The fighting doesn't feel as weighty as in the previous games. which is weird. Maybe thats just me though.

Top Bottom