• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

killroy87

When people talk about the good Switch screen protector, they mean this one right?

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01N9RG3XS/

I ordered it yesterday and it shipped today. Weren't they supposed to be slow to ship or something? I realize that how ironic it is that I am complaining that an item shipped TOO EARLY on Amazon.

I think one of us has gotten theirs?

Mine has been shipped for weeks, but there's no tracking, so who the hell knows.

eyesradar

Preordering games/accessories is feeling like trying to get concert tickets.

Just saying since you mentioned "concert"(I'm sure someone has posted it here already):

Pokemon Symphonic Evolutions has a stop at Sony Centre Toronto on May 6.
http://www.sonycentre.ca/calendar-event-details/?id=266

There are still tix left at decent price. Even the cheapest balcony seats are not far away!
Live music is good. Live video game music is better!

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
No Switch Pro controllers whatsoever in the entire GTA. Every EB store is red (a green in Vaughan but that's too far for me). It's been 3 weeks since launch now, what's the damn holdup?

I'm not saying the whole artificial scarcity thing is true, I'm just saying Nintendo has some of the worst supply chain management in the industry. Collectors Editions are further proof of that.

What's the best Switch case recommendation? Right now Im using the Persona 4 Dancing All Night carrying case for the tablet and putting the joycons in my jacket but would like to get a dedicated case.

When people talk about the good Switch screen protector, they mean this one right?

I ordered it yesterday and it shipped today. Weren't they supposed to be slow to ship or something? I realize that how ironic it is that I am complaining that an item shipped TOO EARLY on Amazon.

Shipping them is not the problem, the problem is they use homing pigeons, only a handful of Canadians have these, we are talking about 4 weeks wait easily

antibolo

Banned

Sometimes Amazon is fast.

Sometimes it isn't.

Either case doesn't invalidate the existence of the other.

TheExodu5

Banned
Gatineau quebec 355 boul greber has 1 switch console as i write this for anyone that lives close by.

Its a microplay

Fuck. They just sold it.

These near misses are getting so disheartening.

Missed Amazon due to the issue with Prime.
Missed Toys-R-Us last Friday by 10 mins.
Missed EB Monday by 10 minutes.
Missed The Source by 10 minutes.
Missed Walmart by 10 minutes.
And now missed Microplay...the console was being sold as I called. ;_;

Fuck. They just sold it.

There have been sightings and re-stocks almost daily albeit limited, you'll get it sooner rather than later.

Dazzler

Do you guys only want Taylor Swift and U2 tickets?

"Everything sells out in seconds" isn't even remotely true.

Actually, the last tickets I tried to get were U2, but I'm Irish so I get a pass

I want to go to the Tim and Eric show in Vancouver, but dealing with ticketmaster is such a chore

I had to mash f5 to get fleet Foxes tickets when​ they went on sale. Idk. It's not just big artists that sell out very quickly.

Fleet Foxes is pretty big, though, they're just not stratospheric big. I still buy (or bought, haven't been to a show in a year) all my tickets from physical record stores and have never run into a case where they were sold out.

Kyolux

Fuck. They just sold it.

More Gatgaf. I never knew. Or you're in Ottawa?

krae_man

Actually, the last tickets I tried to get were U2, but I'm Irish so I get a pass

I want to go to the Tim and Eric show in Vancouver, but dealing with ticketmaster is such a chore

I can get tickets in my cart now and the presale started over an hour ago.

Kyolux

Oh, speaking of Ottawa, any of you from around here did escape manor's apocalypse 2.0? Doing om the 1st. We beat the first version when it first came out and I'm hoping it's as good or better.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Hori Tough Pouch?
RDS?

Is the RDS case available in Canada? I only see the Hori case on Amazon for $23.

Preordered Persona 5 steelbook... hope it's good!

The steelbook or the game? Theyre both gonna be great. Impressions out of Japan indicate P5 is even better than P4G and that was a damn fine JRPG in itself.

Just saying since you mentioned "concert"(I'm sure someone has posted it here already):

Pokemon Symphonic Evolutions has a stop at Sony Centre Toronto on May 6.
http://www.sonycentre.ca/calendar-event-details/?id=266

There are still tix left at decent price. Even the cheapest balcony seats are not far away!
Live music is good. Live video game music is better!

Video Games Live was a fun show when I went. Ahhh... I'm already going to the Final Fantasy and Zelda shows in Toronto this year. So many shows to go to and consider.

TheExodu5

Banned
Oh, speaking of Ottawa, any of you from around here did escape manor's apocalypse 2.0? Doing om the 1st. We beat the first version when it first came out and I'm hoping it's as good or better.

I've only done Manor and Asylum. Absolutely loved them. Never got around to doing Apocalypse...tough to get a large group organized for that.

leeman

Just a quick PSA guys,

I've noticed today that third party sellers are putting up Nintendo Switch's on Amazon for regular price ($399.99), but they are complete scams. This has been happening recently on Amazon US whereby sellers are essentially selling fake items of interest and then taking the contact information from the buyers. And, these Switch's are selling, because new sellers keep being put up.

Long story short, make sure it says "Sold by Amazon.ca" :).

Iced

Just a quick PSA guys,

I've noticed today that third party sellers are putting up Nintendo Switch's on Amazon for regular price ($399.99), but they are complete scams. This has been happening recently on Amazon US whereby sellers are essentially selling fake items of interest and then taking the contact information from the buyers. And, these Switch's are selling, because new sellers keep being put up.

I noticed that today and wondered what the hell was going on. It was obviously suspicious but I didn't look further into it. Thanks for letting us know!

krae_man

Just a quick PSA guys,

But they sell beach towel clips too. They gotta be legit!

Is the RDS case available in Canada? I only see the Hori case on Amazon for $23.

The steelbook or the game? Theyre both gonna be great. Impressions out of Japan indicate P5 is even better than P4G and that was a damn fine JRPG in itself.

Heh, meant the game. I sure hope it's anywhere near as good as P4G... that game is awesome. Well, I wasn't huge on the dungeons. But everything else about it I loved.

Kyolux

I've only done Manor and Asylum. Absolutely loved them. Never got around to doing Apocalypse...tough to get a large group organized for that.
It is. I was surprised I got a group going (12) under 24 hours. Usually takes us a week to get a group of 5 or 6.

Socreges

Banned
Yes, on Nintendo store. It will cost 37 tho if you're in Toronto lol. Standard not available but the Zelda ones are.
Standard must have just sold out. Just got one for myself a few days ago, so if people can wait they don't need to resign themselves to the Zelda case.

Bronetta

Yes, on Nintendo store. It will cost 37 tho if you're in Toronto lol. Standard not available but the Zelda ones are.

$37 is too damn much for a damn carrying case. I paid $30 for Dancing All Night collectors edition and Ill just stick with that case.

Switch accessory pricing is out of control. Thank God that Orzly protector was only $14.

Socreges

Banned
$37 is too damn much for a damn carrying case. I paid $30 for Dancing All Night collectors edition and Ill just stick with that case.

Switch accessory pricing is out of control. Thank God that Orzly protector was only $14.
You're a bit mixed up here. $37 is after conversion to CAD and including taxes and shipping. It's otherwise $20 US, which is a good price.

I agree accessory pricing is in other cases really bad.

chimster

Just got this email from Best Buy regarding my Mass Effect Deluxe Edition. Wonder what the reason for the delay is :(

--

Thanks for ordering Mass Effect Andromeda. However, due to circumstances out of our control the delivery date has been pushed back.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We're doing everything we can to get it into your hands as soon as possible.

Thank you for being a Best Buy customer,

The Best Buy Team

Does anyone know about any stores that have received/are selling Persona 5 early in BC?

Apparently mom & pop shops in NYC already have the game and some people are getting it, so I'm wondering if the same situation is happening here.

Jamaal23

Neo Member
Fuck. They just sold it.

In Ottawa, yeah. Not like it's not just a hop over the bridge. :p

Hey, I am planning to return my Nintendo Switch console (gray Joy-cons) to the store soon-ish. If you're in Ottawa then you can just buy mine at cost. Hasn't even been opened yet.

killroy87

Does anyone know about any stores that have received/are selling Persona 5 early in BC?

Apparently mom & pop shops in NYC already ave the game and some people are getting it, so I'm wondering if the same situation is happening here.

I'm in Vancouver, and I've literally never seen any store do that with any sense of regularity. You mayyyyyy get soem wal mart employees that just don't have a clue, but that's incredibly rare. It sucks.

Stupid responsible people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom