• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

What an interesting few days on GAF. It's been like chewing burnt toast covered in both Bovril and Marmite. Now back to that non posting highlife. Hope all are good in this hood.

a.wd

Can you confirm to what extent FIFA is scripted?

I uninstalled the game last week because its just infuriating to be at the mercy of the game whether you win or lose. One game all my players have the touch of mother teresa herself, the next they have the touch of jimmy savile.

All I want is a consistent playing field where the differences come from the player stats/formations and not some bullshit AI.

And this is part of why OT needs to stay

I'm here until the bitter end. Too old to change (I'm 31 so not really), or rather I have such a low opinion of people's moral worth that they've got to be severely morally bankrupt before their heads pop up above the "they're a bit shit" field. Or at least it's gotta be backed up with something solid.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
What an interesting few days on GAF. It's been like chewing burnt toast covered in both Bovril and Marmite. Now back to that non posting highlife. Hope all are good in this hood.

Don't you be hating on Marmite!

I too have only just found out this thread is a thing! Hi guys!

Morning britgaf, what's occurring
I don't post on britgaf, but maybe I should start. Subbed to the thread. I'm glad this place stuff exists over all the drama over the last few days.

To introduce myself, I'm a games user researcher working out of Brighton. We're credited on a few titles like FIFA and Little Nightmares, though much of my work is NDAed and uncredited.
Welcome. Hopefully we can build something better with new people going forwards.

BritGaf will never be as good as it was in its heyday.

Surprised to see it so busy in here, but I guess with OT still down there's not many other places to post. Wonder how long it'll last.

People come and go. The latest fuss will subside and new personalities will emerge. It won't be the same as it was but is anything?

SteveWD40

BritGaf will never be as good as it was in its heyday.

Surprised to see it so busy in here, but I guess with OT still down there's not many other places to post. Wonder how long it'll last.

2013/14 was Prime Britgaf, Smokeydave himself was worth the click, never mind Kentpaul.

Oh and hi (not posted here since god knows when), just checked to see if anyone was still here after this drama.

For the record, I don't think an entire community has to self destruct over an issue that is between the police and the individual, whatever you may think of them / anecdotal evidence you may have.

/shrug

2013/14 was Prime Britgaf, Smokeydave himself was worth the click, never mind Kentpaul.

Oh and hi (not posted here since god knows when), just checked to see if anyone was still here after this drama.

For the record, I don't think an entire community has to self destruct over an issue that is between the police and the individual, whatever you may think of them / anecdotal evidence you may have.

/shrug

Hey Steve! Good to see you buddy. And yeah I'd even go as far back as 2011/2012 when BritGaf was real good. Shame most of the gem posters are banned now. Still we keep scraping by, maybe this new era of Gaf will revive us?

Darren870

/shrug

Haha, I forgot about kentpaul, he was a funny fucker.
Miss smokeydave too, always enjoyed his posts.

SteveWD40

Hey Steve! Good to see you buddy. And yeah I'd even go as far back as 2011/2012 when BritGaf was real good. Shame most of the gem posters are banned now. Still we keep scraping by, maybe this new era of Gaf will revive us?

I only joined in 2013 ;)

Is Ninj still about? he is one of the few I actually met...

Can you confirm to what extent FIFA is scripted?

I uninstalled the game last week because its just infuriating to be at the mercy of the game whether you win or lose. One game all my players have the touch of mother teresa herself, the next they have the touch of jimmy savile.

All I want is a consistent playing field where the differences come from the player stats/formations and not some bullshit AI.

I can't tell you anything about anything we've worked on. That's just the way much of the industry works I'm afraid.

twisteh

Oh dear, looks like I'm hideously late to this thread. By late, I mean by several years judging by how active it is in here. :p

Never posted (or, indeed, looked) in the off topic part of the forum before, but would be good to talk to some fellow UK gaffers. :) so here goes...

Where do you come from? Scotland
What's your job/current education/whatever the heck it is you're up to? Web design based office job
What do you hope to achieve before your futile existence comes to an end? Game on the living room TV for longer than 5 mins before my girlfriend tells me to put that 'shit' off
Favourite daytime TV show? The Chase
Fish or chips? Both
Daddy or chips? I'm the daddy. To my kittens anyway.
What's your tipple of choice? Jack Daniels
Favourite party snack? Walkers Sensations Crisps
Who is the best bald person? Henrik Larsson
What's your disappointing claim to fame? I was on the BBC children's TV show 50/50 once!
What's your perfect Sunday? In bed with my kindle, girlfriend and cats having a cosy day.

Ps, hi everyone.

Darren870

Darren! Blimey everyone's coming out the woodwork. How are you? Still in Melbourne?

Good! Can't complain! You?
Well There is no where else to go/read so I thought I'd see whats going on in here.

Nah, I left a few months back. In the states for the time being until I figure out where to go next!

Darren870

Yeah I'm great ta. How come you left? Come back here!

Just was time. Broke up with the missus, moved, was just so far from everything. Loved it in Aus, easily one of my favorite countries. Just was time to move on! It had been 3 years! Plus I wanted to support our great leader! Show him how true of an American I was (rolls eyes...)

In about two weeks I would have left the UK 4 years ago. Shiittttttttttttttt time flies!

I'd love to move back, but you guys made it hard with brexit and a bunch of other visa laws that made it harder for anyone to get in. Unless I have mad money to "invest" I can't really move there. Unless I marry a Brit of course.

If I hit the loto, its on my list! ;)

Just was time. Broke up with the missus, moved, was just so far from everything. Loved it in Aus, easily one of my favorite countries. Just was time to move on! It had been 3 years! Plus I wanted to support our great leader! Show him how true of an American I was (rolls eyes...)

In about two weeks I would have left the UK 4 years ago. Shiittttttttttttttt time flies!

I'd love to move back, but you guys made it hard with brexit and a bunch of other visa laws that made it harder for anyone to get in. Unless I have mad money to "invest" I can't really move there. Unless I marry a Brit of course.

If I hit the loto, its on my list! ;)

Ah sorry to hear that man. Has it really been 4 years? That has gone quick. Well come back for a visit at least if you can.

Qasiel

Oh dear, looks like I'm hideously late to this thread. By late, I mean by several years judging by how active it is in here. :p

Never posted (or, indeed, looked) in the off topic part of the forum before, but would be good to talk to some fellow UK gaffers. :) so here goes...

Where do you come from? Scotland
What's your job/current education/whatever the heck it is you're up to? Web design based office job
What do you hope to achieve before your futile existence comes to an end? Game on the living room TV for longer than 5 mins before my girlfriend tells me to put that 'shit' off
Fish or chips? Both
Daddy or chips? I'm the daddy. To my kittens anyway.
What's your tipple of choice? Jack Daniels
Favourite party snack? Walkers Sensations Crisps
Who is the best bald person? Henrik Larsson
What's your disappointing claim to fame? I was on the BBC children's TV show 50/50 once!
What's your perfect Sunday? In bed with my kindle, girlfriend and cats having a cosy day.

Ps, hi everyone.

Hello! Good choice in Daytime TV btw.

/shrug

Holy hell SmokeyDave and KentPaul? those names bring back some memories, still can't believe Dave got himself banned

Jacknapes

Is it too late to answer the questions?. If not, here we go.

Where do you come from? South Wales
What's your job/current education/whatever the heck it is you're up to? Caseworker
What do you hope to achieve before your futile existence comes to an end? Being able to get a seat on a rush-hour train
Fish or chips? why not both (Chips)
Daddy or chips? Chips
What's your tipple of choice? Brewdog (usually the 5am Saint)
Favourite party snack? Pretzels
Who is the best bald person? Jason Statham
What's your disappointing claim to fame? I appeared on the Welsh news discussing strikes
What's your perfect Sunday? Me and a whole day gaming with no interuptions
Did you threaten to overrule him? No
It's a yes or no question minister, did you threaten to overrule him? No..........maybe

Also, quick question. Does BritGAF have there own Discord, or is WhatsApp the way forward for chatting outside of Gaf?

Qasiel

Cheers. Wasn't sure what to put tbh, but Bradley Walsh is epic haha. Whereabouts you from?

Haha! He's awesome. The edits of him losing his shit over questions are fantastic. I'm from London, man.

Edit: Jackanapes, I'm pretty sure it's just the WhatsApp group.

twisteh

Haha! He's awesome. The edits of him losing his shit over questions are fantastic. I'm from London, man.

Edit: Jackanapes, I'm pretty sure it's just the WhatsApp group.

Hahaha. Fanny Schemeller was the best.

Do you need to have been in this thread actively for a while to get an invite to the WhatsApp group? Not sure what the protocol for that is. Just not much active chat going on here haha.

Is it too late to answer the questions?. If not, here we go.

Where do you come from? South Wales
What's your job/current education/whatever the heck it is you're up to? Caseworker
What do you hope to achieve before your futile existence comes to an end? Being able to get a seat on a rush-hour train
Fish or chips? why not both (Chips)
Daddy or chips? Chips
What's your tipple of choice? Brewdog (usually the 5am Saint)
Favourite party snack? Pretzels
Who is the best bald person? Jason Statham
What's your disappointing claim to fame? I appeared on the Welsh news discussing strikes
What's your perfect Sunday? Me and a whole day gaming with no interuptions
It's a yes or no question minister, did you threaten to overrule him? No..........maybe

Also, quick question. Does BritGAF have there own Discord, or is WhatsApp the way forward for chatting outside of Gaf?

Where in South Wales you from butt?

We don't have a discord. We do have a whatsapp but it's pretty much just for long established members and those of us who know each other in real life. We're also not Boring so don't Reset us. (Hint hint).

Hahaha. Fanny Schemeller was the best.

Do you need to have been in this thread actively for a while to get an invite to the WhatsApp group? Not sure what the protocol for that is. Just not much active chat going on here haha.

Yeah you do, we don't just let anyone in.

In which case, I'm assuming the password still works.

"hey who do I message to join WhatsApp group"

Doesn't quite work like that. Hang around in here for a while, maybe come to a meet and who knows.

Discord feels like IRC 2.0. I'm not doing that thing again.

Anyway, I never bothered with those meets. 10+ years on here and I grew to calmly accept my position as one of the non-personalities: an infrequent and often ignored type.

At meets It'd basically manifest as me sitting in a corner of a pub with half a pint of diet coke in hand while I desperately scan GAF hoping there'll be someone who takes over the mantle of thread creation for each of the million threads I follow.

Qasiel

Yeah you do, we don't just let anyone in.

Careful, you guys’ll get “clique” accusations flying around again. ;)

Napoleon, meets aren’t too bad. I went to the first couple and there were a right mix of people who attended. Some extrovert, some introvert but all decent people. Was nice to put some faces to names.

Careful, you guys'll get ”clique" accusations flying around again. ;)

Napoleon, meets aren't too bad. I went to the first couple and there were a right mix of people who attended. Some extrovert, some introvert but all decent people. Was nice to put some faces to names.

Well I'm working multiple forums at the moment. So if BritGAF can't be bothered moving over to the other forum (it isn't the same without them) then I'll go to meets if that's still a thing in the near future.

EDIT: Oh wait, there it is. Still doesn't feel the same... I'm too stubborn to change.

Well I'm working multiple forums at the moment. So if BritGAF can't be bothered moving over to the other forum (it isn't the same without them) then I'll go to meets if that's still a thing in the near future.

EDIT: Oh wait, there it is. Still doesn't feel the same... I'm too stubborn to change.

We're staying here, and we're also going there, so it doesn't matter where you are. And we'll always do meets, usually every three months so keep your eyes peeled and come along. We're nice people really.

Jacknapes

Where in South Wales you from butt?

We don't have a discord. We do have a whatsapp but it's pretty much just for long established members and those of us who know each other in real life. We're also not Boring so don't Reset us. (Hint hint).

I live near Newport, small village about 5 miles out, Commute in/out of Cardiff for work purposes 5-6 days a week.

Doesn't quite work like that. Hang around in here for a while, maybe come to a meet and who knows.

Gotcha, well i'll be around none the less.

We're staying here, and we're also going there, so it doesn't matter where you are. And we'll always do meets, usually every three months so keep your eyes peeled and come along. We're nice people really.

I agree. Was fun last time, might skip the nude bar next time and aim for a good bar/ night club.

TFGB

Ps, hi everyone.

Just as many years late as I am then!

Love curry sauce all over my chips, yorkshire puddings, Trifle, and Tunnock's Snowballs. A true Brit. :)

PJV3

I wonder what the Brit-count is in this place these days, I remember when you could have a good old argument about the metric system with those Yanks, and barm cake in here.

Nicktendo86

Not been on GAF for months and months but funny enough the recent goings on has made me have a look back to see what's going on and hey, found this thread! Can't believe I've missed it all these years.

Top Bottom