• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Born again PC gamer looking for tips, tricks, and advice.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Dont do any of that.
Test the game and see if you like the look.
Dont get bullied into believing all these post effects are absolutely horrible.
There is a cult of master race who have seemingly been indoctrinated into hating motion blur and depth of field even if both effects are generally implemented well in AAA games.

Hell per-pixel and per-object motion blur is absolutely amazing
Full on motion blur in racing games is all but a must to get any sense of speed if you drive in 3rd person view.
Any effect that makes things blurry are bad for obvious reasons. I want to see everything properly, not blurry messes.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Any effect that makes things blurry are bad for obvious reasons. I want to see everything properly, not blurry messes.
oh-sure-john-candy.gif

RavageX

Find a friend or someone that can lend you a VR headset, preferably a Quest 2 i guess to be wireless and..

HALF LIFE ALYX

One of the top experiences i've had in gaming in the past 15 years.

I'd re-think this. Not about trying VR. It is a great experience, but borrowing a headset.

Do you Know what most people DO with them??? All the sweat and stuffs...

My personal gripe with PC VR is that a lot of the games are trash.

I'm personally not into Half Life, but Elder Scrolls is worth trying in VR with plenty of mods. Ultrawings 1 and 2, Walking Dead, the Star Wars games I'd suggest for the experience. Pixel Ripped is fun too! Some of those don't require the PC though. I personally don't have an issue with a cable being connected (even with very physically active games), but you will hear a lot of people who get stuck on that.

Last edited:
I have tweaked the color patter to my suiting, tidied up the wiring, updated all drivers, downloaded required apps, and overclocked the CPU, GPU and ram to a solid stable rate (37500 on time spy). Last few shots of the set up and then time to play some actual games!!

lqTSP3o.jpg
SlK5Aer.jpg
3wA8age.jpg

GreatnessRD

Finally got this bad boy built. Just wanted to follow-up for those interested in how it turned out. Gotta monky around with the lights a bit to set it to something i like. Anyway off to updating and downloading all my apps and games. Thanks again everyone!

dtI5Fvg.jpg
58mcoFo.jpg
qButwJW.jpg
What TV/Monitor is that? Also like the updated setup with the blue, too.

simpatico

Recommend a GamePass subscription. it's really become my killer app and making me try things I would otherwise skip. Yakuza became one of my all time great franchises because of it. Like, Mario and Metal Gear tier. Would probably never have tried it otherwise. Playing Persona 4 right now, another one I haven't touched at retail, and I'm enjoying the shit out of it. Now when it comes to buying full priced games, I'm more picky than ever. It's gotta be some Elden Ring tier shit to get my $60 these days.

As a new PC gamer, I think it's even more interesting. Tons of things to test performance on, titles from every possible genre and budget too.

Last edited:

Whitecrow

Banned
I did the same. Went team red though.

The first I did was buying all the games I wanted, like Cyberpunk and Metro Exodus, enjoy ray tracing.

I'm putting hours on MW2 though. Fucking shooters.

Top Bottom