• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Book-GAF What should I read next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyan

Banned
Pick one of these!

http://www.abload.de/img/385353_101524059266854djww.jpg[IMG]

[spoiler]its my current reading list, set me back 6 bucks[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

Awesome. I've never heard of Donald Hamilton, but if you've put him in that company he must be good.

Pick one of these!

385353_101524059266854djww.jpg

its my current reading list, set me back 6 bucks

I am kind of interested in The Tomb. Heard good things about it.

Is The Dark Tower series any good. The only other Stephen King book I have read was Cell and was quite disappointed at the ending, so I am a bit nervous about investing in The Dark Tower series incase the ending also disappoints me.

Dresden

Is The Dark Tower series any good. The only other Stephen King book I have read was Cell and was quite disappointed at the ending, so I am a bit nervous about investing in The Dark Tower series incase the ending also disappoints me.

first book: pretty good
second: good
third: eh
fourth: pretty good

fifth book: shit
sixth: shit
seventh: shit

First four books are amazing. 5th is pretty good. 6th is terrible. 7th is really good at first and takes a nosedive after the first section

I would still recommend reading it though. Fourth book is probably in my top 10. The 7th book is derisive, some people love it

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I'm really enjoying The Red Knight by Miles Cameron.

red-knight-book-1.jpg

It's a fantasy epic set in a medieval world with knights, serfs, lords, ladies and royalty. Oh and it also has daemons, wyrms, boglins and assorted monsters from The Wild north who are trying to claim their land back from the humans.

Oh and some people are imbued with magic from the sun or from nature and this forms the crux of the battles.

It uses a similar style to Game of Thrones in that each chapter is from a different persons viewpoint including the good guys, the bad guys and the not-sure guys.

Some of the characters are amazing - The Red Knight and Jean de Vrailly, the self-styled "Greatest Knight that ever lived" are my favourites.

I really recommend it if you like well-written fantasy. It's a long satisfying read. I'm only two-thirds through it though but I'm dying to find out how it ends.

The USA Paperback for this looks so terrible lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom