• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bluepoint Has 2 Projects in Development According to Insider

Chukhopops

That’s cool if true. Demons Souls remake was really impressive but you could feel the cut content from the original game. At least from an artistic point of view those guys have insane talent.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Similar in size to Miles Morales. I haven't played yet so I don't really have a frame of reference. Can somebody clarify?

1) okay, cool. Interested in seeing what BluePoint can do.
2) What if it's not one of the games ppl are thinking :messenger_grimmacing_ ... please be PoyPoy!

Ya F those people who don't have the time to play a 100 hour filler game!
Actually, I remember now. Remakes and Remasters were being denigrated around the time Xbox started going big with their BC emulation initiative. As I recall, "We don't buy new consoles to play old games" or something like that. I wonder why the sudden change of heart for so many people.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Actually, I remember now. Remakes and Remasters were being denigrated around the time Xbox started going big with their BC emulation initiative. As I recall, "We don't buy new consoles to play old games" or something like that. I wonder why the sudden change of heart for so many people.
Unless you can prove those are the exact same people, before and after, then it's all relative.

Unknown?

That has nothing to do with the content of my post which focused on the other subject. You're trying too hard though and factually wrong. It started before that.

skit_data

Ok, its pretty interesting she tweeted that Wolverine pic.

But I’m still skeptical. It sounds too good to be true that they have 2 projects in the works.

Lunarorbit

Similar in size to Miles Morales. I haven't played yet so I don't really have a frame of reference. Can somebody clarify?
Like the others said 8-12 hours. Kinds hoping that that would put whatever game this is at the $40 price point but I doubt that will happen

mortal

Gold Member
The prospects of a new IP from Bluepoint have me more excited than their next remake tbh.

Legacy-of-Kain-Soul-Reaver-HD-Intro-2.gif

A PS5 Soul Reaver remake could be pretty sick though

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
The prospects of a new IP from Bluepoint has me more excited than their next remake tbh.

Legacy-of-Kain-Soul-Reaver-HD-Intro.gif

Oh hell yeah, with the instant world changing. Simon Templeton can reprise his role with that iconic voice.

Sadly Tony Jay is no longer with us.

Also, bring Amy Hennig back to direct it as well.

Duchess

An original game? Sweet. Fingers crossed people like it more than Blast Factor ;)

Hmm, remake of a beloved game ... What game could that be? Think, think, think ... Right, so either The Oregon Trail or Tetris. Or maybe Ico.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Glad to hear they're having a stab at an original IP.

In terms of the remake, I'm going for something unexpected, like Castlevania: Lord of Shadow or Metal Gear Rising.

Last edited:

yurinka

Who is she? Does she leaked something else from someone, other than obvious stuff like Nintendo is working in a Mario game and that MS is working on more Forza games?

Soul Reaver isn't a Sony IP and Sony doesn't have any interest to work on it.

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned
Please one of them be Soul Reaver. But it can't because it has to bea 1st party game right?

Yep just saw the post above mine.

Last edited:

Perrott

Gold Member
Who is she? Does she leaked something else from someone, other than obvious stuff like Nintendo is working in a Mario game and that MS is working on more Forza games?
Leaked the PlayStation Showcase more than one month in advance, the Wolverine game and other stuff. She's reliable, so stop acting like a dick towards insiders.
Soul Reaver isn't a Sony IP and Sony doesn't have any interest to work on it.
You don't know that lol

Bluepoint is awesome...at taking games and making them look prettier. The issue is that most of the games didn't change much for the better, though I appreciate how faithful they are. It has me skeptical about them approaching a new IP.

Or maybe, talent is just talent. They're good at what they do, let's see what a new IP looks like!

yurinka

Leaked the PlayStation Showcase more than one month in advance, the Wolverine game and other stuff. She's reliable, so stop acting like a dick towards insiders.
A gazillion people guessed Sony had to make a somewhat big event and people kept saying dates and months until it eventually happened. Is she another only one? And regarding Wolverine, did she really said Insomniac -or at least Sony- was working on a Wolverine game?

You don't know that lol
Please one of them be Soul Reaver. But it can't because it has to bea 1st party game right?
Why would Sony want to develop a 22 years old multiplatform 3rd party game they don't own that didn't even sell 1.5 million copies? I would understand if Sony would be working on a movie of it or something like that, but not even its IP owner seems interested on it because it isn't relevant at all.

Bluepoint is now part of Sony, so they will make a Sony game, not a Soul Reaver.

Last edited:

Perrott

Gold Member
Why would Sony want to develop a 22 years old multiplatform 3rd party game they don't own that didn't even sell 1.5 million copies? I would understand if Sony would be working on a movie of it or something like that, but not even its IP owner seems interested on it because it isn't relevant at all.
You can say that it is very unlikely or that striking a deal to remake Soul Reaver would be a really weird path for Sony to go down, but to act as if it is impossible for them to do so or as if you knew about it not happening for a fact (which you don't, unless you have inside knowledge of their plans and strategies) is being a little too cocky, even for you.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Oh she did ?I guess that might be a good name to remember then...I'm maybe reaching too far but I have a feeling that you defend her because her intel align with yours?
I know that you are aware of some things and I gotta admit I never heard of her before so the questionning was logical but the way some did were a bit too harsh.
But on the other side insiders have not been very good this gen so I can understand the skepticism.

Top Bottom