• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bluepoint Has 2 Projects in Development According to Insider

Perrott

Gold Member
Oh she did ?I guess that might be a good name to remember then...I'm maybe reaching too far but I have a feeling that you defend her because her intel align with yours?
I didn't knew about her up until today, but checking her trackrecord reveals that she's legit and knows her shit. She's someone worth keeping an eye for in the future.

Oh, and believe me, the intel I had on BP did not align with hers for the most part (as it turns out that me and others were sitting on some info that was outdated by now, but that was true at the time nonetheless).
I know that you are aware of some things and I gotta admit I never heard of her before so the questionning was logical but the way some did were a bit too harsh.
But on the other side insiders have not been very good this gen so I can understand the skepticism.
Yeah, it's been a rough start of the gen for various insiders because due to Covid (and sometimes other reasons) plans that were seemingly set in stone took a 180º and everything changed or stuff got pushed back big time, although the informations initially discussed by insiders were all true and accurate at the time.

yurinka

You can say that it is very unlikely or that striking a deal to remake Soul Reaver would be a really weird path for Sony to go down, but to act as if it is impossible for them to do so or as if you knew about it not happening for a fact (which you don't, unless you have inside knowledge of their plans and strategies) is being a little too cocky, even for you.
They don't own that game, which means they can't work with it unless they make a deal with its IP owner, pay them money and on top of that pretty likely give them also part of the money generated by the game.

They have a gazillion Sony owned games and IPs that are way more popular and recent than this one, so obviously won't do it. And when I said 1.4 million copies it was even counting the Dreamcast version.

It doesn't make sense for Sony to get involved in his game at all. If they never developed a 3rd party super successful game from PS1, they won't do it with this one. With MGS I'd believe it because it was super successful, it was a very iconic PS game and Sony is making its movie, so to promote the movie it would fit.

Last edited:

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
I didn't knew about her up until today, but checking her trackrecord reveals that she's legit and knows her shit. She's someone worth keeping an eye for in the future.

Oh, and believe me, the intel I had on BP did not align with hers for the most part (as it turns out that me and others were sitting on some info that was outdated by now, but that was true at the time nonetheless).

Yeah, it's been a rough start of the gen for various insiders because due to Covid (and sometimes other reasons) plans that were seemingly set in stone took a 180º and everything changed or stuff got pushed back big time, although the informations initially discussed by insiders were all true and accurate at the time.
Yeah I remember some insider being adamant that a switch 4k or pro was coming as early as 2019, so even if I have no doubt that it will eventually come out, I do feel tired of hearing it's coming this year for it not to happen.Because all that is left of real info to these insiders is Nintendo is working on a more powerful console ...The thing that everybody knows
So maybe they leaked things way too early and bad luck wronged them but there were so many rumors that hasn't concretize as of now that it is hard to believe anyone now.There's still some people I trust because they've probably been more cautious about what they've said than others.
But nonetheless she seems to have good intel now let's hope she is going to keep being that well informed in the future.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
That makes sense actually.
  1. Bluepoint specializes in remakes and remasters. No point in acquiring them and then not using them to remakes games -- the very thing they specialize in.
  2. Bluepoint wants to do an original game / IP. Give them a chance so they can realize their ambitions as well.
Personally, I'd grow Bluepoint significantly. House at least 3 teams in there: one for original IP, one for simple remasters and porting of older games to PS4/PS5 with trophy support and modern controls (R&C, God of War, Sly Cooper, etc.), and one for bigger remakes (SoTC, Demon's Souls, etc.).

That way, we will have one release from them pretty much every year.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
A 10-15 hour new IP game and yet another remaster. Not very enticing honestly. I remember a time only a few years ago when remakes and remasters were seen as filler and not something to fawn over.
There's a ton of remakes that I and others want but I'll pass on any remasters

Hobbygaming

Ok Bluepoint, if you see this I'll take these remakes

Resistance 3
Legend of Dragoon
The Matrix
Syphon Filter
Silent Hill
Killzone 2

Hobbygaming

She's definitely reliable. This was posted 3 days before the PS showcase

gDWJJ7y.jpg

skit_data

She's definitely reliable. This was posted 3 days before the PS showcase

gDWJJ7y.jpg
It is curious but all I can think is ”if she’s reliable, who the hell is she? a neighboor to playstation hq in the apartment next to the room where they discuss their upcoming games? someones gf?”

She can’t be working at Sony or at least I hope she doesn’t because she’d probably under some sort of NDA

Hobbygaming

It is curious but all I can think is ”if she’s reliable, who the hell is she? a neighboor to playstation hq in the apartment next to the room where they discuss their upcoming games? someones gf?”

She can’t be working at Sony or at least I hope she doesn’t because she’d probably under some sort of NDA
Probably a friend that works for a studio at PS

Perrott

Gold Member

Probably someone with a handful of pretty good connections within SIE/the videogame industry. One doesn't necessarily have to work at an X company in order to know about internal information.

Last edited:

Yoboman

If its a Sony game I could see the following as priorities for Sony:

God of War 2005 remake - old gameplay but next gen graphics. probably the biggest sales potential. With 2018 selling approx 20 million and the original only like 5 I imagine there are a lot who haven't played it

ICO - they did SOTC so I could see them doing ICO

Jak and Daxter - Ratchets revival would make Sony open to exploring bringing back Jak

Twisted Metal - there is a TV show so having a new game/remake would make sense

Bloodborne - feels like patching the game would be such a task that they might as well go the full hog and remake it. Less room for reinterpretation than other games though so not sure if Bluepoint would do it. Nixxes could probably handle a straight port to PS5 and PC

Killzone 1 - the original was a technical mess but there was promise under the hood and nobody would complain if they got creative with changing things up

Syphon Filter - I'd prefer it was Bend but I could see Sony bringing this back

The Getaway - I was never a big fan but it feels like there is a gap in the market for an open world crime game and they could do a lot with this

Motorstorm - just feels like the kind of game that could be a massive eye candy game this gen. Could probably reach the original CG trailer

Resistance 1 - wouldn't excite me but there a lot that could go into upgrading this one

Last edited:
Symphony of the Night Remake, you heard it here first.
I'd love that if they did it all with modern looking graphics, make it a real 2.5D game, highly detailed characters and environments etc. I really wish someone would do a fully 3D open world Castelevania that allows you to play as all 3 characters from the show, basically make the Witcher 3 mixed with Castlevania. Obviously the combat would be more over the top etc but I think that could be a lot of fun. I wouldn't want a Japanese dev doing it though, we'd just get a bunch of enemies with 20 eyes or arms growing out of their heads.

Hunnybun

I think Bloodborne is the most likely candidate.

Big demand for it, and they're fresh from Demon's Souls, and it's not that old, so shouldn't be TOO much work.

I think Ico is the next most likely. Either way I think it'd be something that's *relatively* undemanding, because they're working on an original game too.

SkylineRKR

Bloodborne would make a lot of sense. The game isn't patched at all, unlike most of the iconic PS4 games. BP has laid some sort of foundation with Demon's Souls recently.

And I can't think of much else really. The nostalgia sucker in me would be happy with Sypon Filter or even Twisted Metal but they wouldn't be all that obvious though TM sort of returns. But it wouldn't surprise me of the Destruction Allstar teams gets to work on TM. That game was awful ofcourse but the performance, controls and IQ was there. Just needed TM as a template.

yurinka

Jak and Daxter - Ratchets revival would make Sony open to exploring bringing back Jak

Twisted Metal - there is a TV show so having a new game/remake would make sense

The Getaway - I was never a big fan but it feels like there is a gap in the market for an open world crime game and they could do a lot with this

Resistance 1 - wouldn't excite me but there a lot that could go into upgrading this one
I don't want these ones. They must continue buried. I just clicked on report, ignore, block, sue and launch nukes buttons.

yurinka

If true, I'd give them:
-Uncharted 5/Uncharted spin-off (if ND and Bend are busy with other stuff) showing early adventures of young Nate and Sully not show in the previous games or the movie
-Wipeout Alpha (if Firesprite and Fabrik aren't already working on it): all the content and features from Wipeout, Wipeout 2097, Wipeout 3 and Wipeout 3 Special Edition merged into a single game, reimagened for PS5 an PSVR2 (it would be available for both tv and vr) and adding modern features from recent Wipeouts and modern, very successful racing, eSports and multiplayer games
-ICO, GoW 1, Uncharted 1, Syphon Filter remakes (or even better, reboots not limited to 1:1 remakes)
-Syphon Filter, Ico, SotC, TLG, (if FromSoft are busy) Bloodborne and Demon's Souls sequels

Whats wrong with Jak and Daxter?
Back then they had some great tech stuff but I didn't personally like their art style, characters and the game itself felt already outdated and poochie. They never have been appealing to me. Excluding their recent woke stuff of wanting to remove white cis males etc, I prefer the modern approach of ND games with Uncharted or TLOU2.

But hey, same happened to me with the first Ratchet games and I like the recent ones. So who knows, maybe someone can revive and properly adapt them to modern times (any my personal tastes). But in any case, if they ask me what other IPs would I resurrect I'd choose many other ones before this one.

Symphony of the Night Remake, you heard it here first.
Not happening. Sony is the company that bought them, not Konami.

Last edited:
Top Bottom