• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blue Dragon in Famitsu (pic)

Johnas

jett said:
I think it looks pretty terrible for a so-called next-gen game.

I agree. Maybe seeing it in motion will make things different, but so far it doesn't do much for me.

Given the team though, the game is bound to be something special, if different.

Lo-Volt

If this game is as early as it looks, I'm looking forward to seeing it after a few months of work, and especially in motion. This is the sort of game the 360 seems to need if Microsoft wants a better-rounded catalog in their machine's prime.

hadareud

The Translator
Some here fail to realize that this is actually a scan - telling texture details for instance is quite difficult.

The charactars look great, the textures look blurry (from the scans). I'm waiting with my judgement until I see high quality screenshots and footage.

cybamerc

Will start substantiating his hate
You don't need frame buffer dumps to realize that this game looks like a current gen title in hi-res with AA. And going by the current crop of Xbox 360 titles the AA is just there for the media. I can't wait for next gen to begin.

olimario

Banned
What could be better about it? There are no noticable graphical problems given the style of the game.
I think it looks better than most everything this generation and it looks A LOT better than DQVII.

40701320051126_011137_1_big.jpg

:)
Wonderful

PG2G

olimario said:
What could be better about it? There are no noticable graphical problems given the style of the game.
I think it looks better than most everything this generation and it looks A LOT better than DQVII.

Wonderful

Is this one from the same batch? Maybe the characters actually do look as good as the original stuff :p

puebla

olimario said:

Wonderful
i agree. i like the clay-style gfx. i read u'll be able to gain about 200 skills for ur shadows (monsters) by mixing their abilities kind of like FF.

this is what some guy from ign said about the gfx:

Even without the full set of reflections on (or any of the environmental effects, as we were to learn later), the water in Blue Dragon looks so good that seeing it could make you thirsty. With the reflections on, the entire world is reflected on the water's surface and the sunlight causes the surface to glimmer. The water approaches reality, while managing to stick with Blue Dragon's comical art style.

Luckett_X

Banned
I think people are a little confused where next-gen graphics are concerned. Sure, real-life models are going to be bumped up next-gen to frightening realism, but for a player model based on an anime artists 2d drawings? Not to mention its based on Toriyama's simplified style!

Perhaps the large environments, animation and crazy effects will come into play outside of 2 early prototype shots! But no, youre all right lol, xbawx one point five lol.

I'm looking forward to Blue Dragon more than most other X360 titles, so I hope it goes on to great things.

puebla

Luckett_X said:
I think people are a little confused where next-gen graphics are concerned. Sure, real-life models are going to be bumped up next-gen to frightening realism, but for a player model based on an anime artists 2d drawings? Not to mention its based on Toriyama's simplified style!

Perhaps the large environments, animation and crazy effects will come into play outside of 2 early prototype shots! But no, youre all right lol, xbawx one point five lol.

I'm looking forward to Blue Dragon more than most other X360 titles, so I hope it goes on to great things.
agreed

Elios83

Graphics are disappointing.
The characters are nicely detailed but the backgrounds look Xbox 1.5 indeed....
Anyway I'm really interested in Sakaguchi's titles,I could even buy a 360 if they end up to be AAA titles.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
picture are blurry can't really tell if it looks good or not, need hi-res pictures

xexex

Banned
olimario said:

Wonderful

that looks fantastic!

Top Bottom