• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blue Dragon in Famitsu (pic)

reriel

anybody know when is out famitsu xbox, with the special of blue dragon ?
Maybe, even the next jump can have a special ?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
reriel said:
anybody know when is out famitsu xbox, with the special of blue dragon ?
Maybe, even the next jump can have a special ?
Next Famitsu Xbox will be out in about 25 days, I don't know about Blue Dragon but I've been told it will come with a DVD presenting 20 Xbox 360 games.
I'll try to ask my friend in Japan about this Blue Dragon thing though, I'd certainly like to know more about this game.

Helznicht

Considering how much $ MS is spending courting these Japanese developers, they better be bringing these games over stateside.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Blue Dragon will fuckown everything else. This I predict.

Note: I hatez me some RPGs too.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
......Chrono Trigger?.....

*Hears Kingdom of Zeal play off in the distance...

I hope this game can do it...

bloke

There's interview with Sakaguchi in latest Famitsu Weekly
- BD is at 40% of development
- planned to be released before the end of next year
- graphic/animation will be clay-like (well we saw that)
- he talks about techniques they'll be using in game (light bloom, motion blur...)
- Lost Odyssey demo will be released next spring/summer

bloke

small new scan

230202.jpg

Wunderchu

RaidenZR said:
Wow, that looks really cool. I like the characters. What the hell is this game and where did it come from?
- Hironobu Sakaguchi of Final Fantasy fame is in charge of the game
- Artoon (developer of the Blinx series) is developing it
- Microsoft is publishing

mutsu

Wunderchu said:
- Hironobu Sakaguchi of Final Fantasy fame is in charge of the game
- Artoon (developer of the Blinx series) is developing it
- Microsoft is publishing

You forgot something... Akira Toriyama (Dragon Ball) is doing the character art.

scarybore

mutsu said:
You forgot something... Akira Toriyama (Dragon Ball) is doing the character art.

Which is a shame as I can't stop wincing at the character designs in DQVIII. God I hate Toriyama, but enough about him!

Mind you it looks quite nice in the scan, hoping Artoon pulls it off.

Helznicht said:
Considering how much $ MS is spending courting these Japanese developers, they better be bringing these games over stateside.

My thoughts exactly. Even if MS doesn't publish them, they should at least arrange for other publishers to pick them up for the niche gamers to buy. I hate it when good content sits in japan and doesn't make its way here.

You could probably make a list of 100 PS2 games that are japan only right now that have a reasonable chance at success here in the states but won't ever see the light of day here.

neo2046

krypt0nian said:
Anyone know the current Japanese launch list for 360?
December 10
FIFA 06
Every Party
DOA 4
Tetris ~the Grand Master Ace~
Need for the Speed
Perfect Dark Zero
Ridge Racer 6
Final Fantasy XI (Beta)

December 22
Peter Jackson's King Kong
Wrestle Kingdom
Shin Sangoku Musou 4 Special

kenta

Has no PEINS
I wonder if the Japanese gamers will actually follow Toriyama/Uematsu/Sakaguchi to a new platform/series or if they'll stick to Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy just because they're Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy. The game certainly has the makings of a totally stellar RPG but I just wonder if they'll get stuck on the name of the franchise.

Akira

Tony HoTT said:
didn't Sakaguchi say he wanted to make us cry with his new games?

Success.

I believe he was talking about Lost Odyssey when he said. But who knows, maybe there will be a sad moment in this game too? You know, sad like some scenes in a Pixar movie or something.

PG2G

The modelling in Blue Dragon is near perfect given the art style. There are very few polygonal edges, and the lighting is pretty impressive as well. If DQ8 comes even remotely close to you, its a metter of personal preference. There truley is a generational difference between the graphics in the two games.

Blue Dragon looks like CG, as far as I'm concerned.

FWIW, it does look noticeably less detailed than the CG they showed before though.

Top Bottom