• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne (PS4) Playstation Blog Update - New Details, New Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

velociraptor

2015 huh well....

iZpp5SnSjYdgo.gif
It's crazy how much better the latest footage looks compared to this. It almost feels like a generational leap.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Oh man, dat atmosphere.

Never played a Soul before( i know GAf, i know), but a faster and dynamic combat(i see people mentioning DMC) is always a good thing for me.

uhhh there's no way it's going to be DMC-like.

only similar thing to DMC is the use of guns and melee weapons like swords.

fallagin

Looks pretty good. I wonder what they are going to mix up for this game besides just british(? European at least) architecture and guns.

Orayn

Oh man, dat atmosphere.

Never played a Soul before( i know GAf, i know), but a faster and dynamic combat(i see people mentioning DMC) is always a good thing for me.

Eh, I wouldn't compare it to DMC. There's probably not much in the way of a combo system, and the player and enemies alike are going to be a lot less durable than those games. Onimusha might be a slightly better comparison.

The graphics really have improved a lot.

Yeah, people are speculating that the leaked footage could be what they meant to show at TGS last year.

VertPin

Footage looks amazing. Now that Deckard Cain has been disproved of his "DMC/Castlevania" statement, what happens Duckroll?

Also, my hype levels are at the extreme point. I absolutely cannot wait for this game to come out!

MavFan619

Banned
It really is a huge step up visually from the leaks, with the gameplay pedigree already there, man this is going to be hard to beat for things I'm looking forward to.

Regginator3

Neo Member
Because it's a spiritual sequel/spinoff in a dramatically different setting, changes up the mechanics in a non-trivial way, and having it as a new IP gives them more creative freedom?

Also, they probably intend to keep going with the Dark Souls series and want to make sure their Sony-exclusive series is distinct.

This allows them to differentiate from the Souls series, and make gameplay/story changes. Being another Souls game might have constrained their vision. Besides, I'm glad. This game looks set to have a similar feel to the Souls games with it's own twist.

You collect Souls when you kill an enemy, it's Souls in all but name.

Other than making combat more offensive.

I'm happy either way though, game looks sick.

Sometimes i can't understand people...

" the AI looks crap "

" shame on the hitbox "

" no lock on ? OMG "

This is not even an alpha it's a pre-alpha seriously...

Orayn

You collect Souls when you kill an enemy, it's Souls in all but name.

Other than making combat more offensive.

I'm happy either way though, game looks sick.

Apparently they also dropped or de-emphasized shields, traded magic for guns and other gadgets, and have a different system for online play.

Akiller

uhhh there's no way it's going to be DMC-like.

only similar thing to DMC is the use of guns and melee weapons like swords.

Eh, I wouldn't compare it to DMC. There's probably not much in the way of a combo system, and the player and enemies alike are going to be a lot less durable than those games. Onimusha might be a slightly better comparison.

Ah ok xD

Still awesome though.

Apparently they also dropped or de-emphasized shields, traded magic for guns and other gadgets, and have a different system for online play.

Can't wait to collect crystallized blood to upgrade my blunderbuss! Actually I'm really curious if/how upgrades work here.

Holy shit, the visuals are incredible. It's kind of surreal seeing a From game that looks this good.

I'm most impressed by seeing the lighting looking this good at this early stage. Usually, that's one of the last things devs get looking right before release. Here, it's already not too shabby.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
"Meet me somewhere, my _____hard."
I was hoping the more realistic and gritty art style would make a return and From did not disappoint. Best 49 seconds of my life watching that gameplay. The wait is already killing me but I know they need time to perfect perfection.

petghost

Banned
havent played a souls game but i believe i heard there would be no shields in this game and was wondering how you guys (who have played previous games) feel about that and how you think it may impact the combat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom