• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlizzCon 2019 |OT| An Off-Season April Fool's Joke

Azzurri

I usually get the virutal ticket. Haven't in a few years. The in game items aren't getting better and the pricing keeps increasing. I'll just do what I usually do and watch the opening ceremony then watch the rest on youtube.

Opening ceremony and the first 4 'secret panels' are actually free.

Bobby Kotick meeeting with J. Allen Brack after Blizzcon turns into a shitshow

source.gif

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Diablo 2 Remaster with a new act and new characters would be epic!!

Based on the success of Diablo 3 for consoles I would expect a D2 remaster (if that happens) with controller support.

I :messenger_heart: Diablo something fierce....so even if they do make a loot shooter (or shlooter or what ever they are called) out of D4 I am in.

Also will buy D2 remaster....on all of the places (fingers crossed for a quick Stadia release)

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
I’m hyped for the OW2 content.

do people actually give a fuck about the Hong Kong stuff anymore? Hell the global media doesn’t even seem to care at this point.

Nydius

I agree with people who want to see Diablo 4 return to a darker state but I'm not holding my breath. If nothing else, this last year Blizzard has shown that they're a corporation who now values money more than principles (not just the Hong Kong thing but last Blizzcon with Diablo Immortal, decisions made about all of their franchises over the last year, et cetera). Diablo 3 started rocky but turned into a mega commercial and critical success and I fear that they're going to look at how much money D3 has made, how it's still selling across multiple platforms, how it's still got an active seasonal player base, and figure that they will continue their D3 ROS design decisions in to D4.

As for Overwatch, I've long stopped caring about the game because I'm sick of the competitive design and constant changes. But if they were to announce a PVE expansion, a full-fledged, story based, game with decent replay value using all of the OW characters? They'd have my attention.

DavidGzz

Can't wait! D4 and D2 remastered. Old boy got in trouble for not following the rules, people spinning it into saying that Blizzard supports the shit that is going on in HK are fucking trash.

DanEON

Based on the success of Diablo 3 for consoles I would expect a D2 remaster (if that happens) with controller support.

I :messenger_heart: Diablo something fierce....so even if they do make a loot shooter (or shlooter or what ever they are called) out of D4 I am in.

Also will buy D2 remaster....on all of the places (fingers crossed for a quick Stadia release)

I would love to play D2 Remaster on my Switch! :messenger_smiling_hearts:

Kacho

I was actually hoping it would be a Souls-like.
Diablo has the perfect universe for that type of game.

It won't happen though.

The guy responsible for Reaper of Souls was actually working on a Diablo Souls. It got cancelled though and he left the company shortly afterwards.

Kacho

Diablo 2 could use some QOL improvements at the very least. Primarily more inventory/storage space. Maybe a hotbar.

JSoup

Banned
I'd like to say I'll draw the line, principles, blah blah.
But I've likely already pre-ordered whatever they are peddling tomorrow and I haven't even seen any of it yet.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
i am so fucking hyped for diablo 4

also please do a fucking stealth launch of diablo 2 remake man
give it to us.

i need to play that shit

Last edited:

amigastar

I hope they will show us more than an appetizer of Diablo 4. Maybe some gameplay with some skills in action.

Last edited:

TheContact

Well, cool, thanks for the heads up!

This year, everyone’s invited to watch the BlizzCon opening ceremony, all of the BlizzCon esports tournaments, and select developer panels—including the first four panels on the Mythic Stage immediately following the opening ceremony—completely free on BlizzCon.com and in the BlizzCon Mobile App.
sauce

The mythic stage is the only thing I cared about really. Isn't this where all the major announcements will be?

Last edited:

Phase

My birthday's today, so I'm hoping for a nice helping of entertainment from everyone there. Make a scene protesters. I hope people come up with some funny shit inside the event. And my god, let's get some great questions on the mic!

Boycott Blizz, let's go!

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
My most selfish desire would be one final expansion for D3 as a sendoff.

D4 footage will be interesting, but it can't be a launch day purchase for me.

Wonder if there will be other Blizzard titles thrown into the mix. I know Diablo rumors are getting all the attention but what about new IPs, new remasters, new sequels in other franchises? :pie_thinking:

Ivory Blood

My most selfish desire would be one final expansion for D3 as a sendoff.

D4 footage will be interesting, but it can't be a launch day purchase for me.

Wonder if there will be other Blizzard titles thrown into the mix. I know Diablo rumors are getting all the attention but what about new IPs, new remasters, new sequels in other franchises? :pie_thinking:
New WoW expansion rumors got a 1500 pages thread over at MMO-Champion. I think it's pretty hype already :messenger_sunglasses:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
New WoW expansion rumors got a 1500 pages thread over at MMO-Champion. I think it's pretty hype already :messenger_sunglasses:
Oh true, I forgot WoW was still a thing (no disrespect meant, it's just 100% off my radar). And Overwatch got mentioned, but I don't know how solid those rumors are.

We'll all find out together!

Top Bottom