• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blim delivers DOA4 Spartan screens

scarybore

Its a bit sad that Halo 2's lighting is better than DOA4's, it makes the Spartan look very odd to me. Still its pretty cool, but as with Soul Calibur 2's extra chars ill just pretend they aren't there.

I wonder how many will be playing as the Spartan on Xbox Live :(

Blimblim

The Inside Track
GhaleonEB said:
752_0002.jpg

If Halo 3 were announced today, and the MC model looks like this, it would be carange. It looks good - but NOT next gen.
AFAIK the DOA engine does not support normal maps, so every tiny detail has to be modeled. With the bad lighting/shadowing and lack of normal mapping the DOA4 engine sure looks like a quick and dirty upgrade of the one in DOAU.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
GhaleonEB said:
752_0002.jpg

If Halo 3 were announced today, and the MC model looks like this, it would be carange. It looks good - but NOT next gen.

The model is absolutely next-gen. The lighting is not. Put self-shadowing on that Spartan and you've got Halo 3. The lack of self-shadowing in DOA4 is what's really holding it back from wowing people, IMO.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
MattKeil said:
The model is absolutely next-gen. The lighting is not. Put self-shadowing on that Spartan and you've got Halo 3. The lack of self-shadowing in DOA4 is what's really holding it back from wowing people, IMO.

I agree that the model is a step above the current gen, but only a step. Halo 3 is going to look significantly better than that. I bet my balls on it.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Hitler Stole My Potato said:
Wait a sec. That posting that gif is reason for a ban? Since when?

Pretty fucking ridiculous if you ask me.

Why dont you try posting it?

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
PhatSaqs said:
If it makes you feel good, handle your business. I'm just asking a question.

That shit stays on OA. I dont read OA and i dont give 2 shits what you retards do there. The minute i see it here, your ass is gone. You can photoshop me all you want, but if you think im gonna stand for that shit here, expect bad things. I don't think i have to explain myself but if you think going after someones girlfriend is a good way to argue then you don't belong here anyway.

scarybore

MattKeil said:
Hey, why not? Make the Warthog the ultimate unlockable in PGR3 and Kameo can morph into the Arbiter.

:lol They should make it that kameo can morph into a Grunt instead of the Arbiter, would atleast be amusing then :p

PhatSaqs

Banned
sp0rsk said:
That shit stays on OA. I dont read OA and i dont give 2 shits what you retards do there. The minute i see it here, your ass is gone. You can photoshop me all you want, but if you think im gonna stand for that shit here, expect bad things. I don't think i have to explain myself but if you think going after someones girlfriend is a good way to argue then you don't belong here anyway.
I dont even visit OA brah so I have no idea wtf you're talking about.

Regardless, I think I see what the deal is all about.

Oh well, another Spartan pic? :p
752_0003.jpg

Zep

Banned
PhatSaqs said:
I dont even visit OA brah so I have no idea wtf you're talking about.

Regardless, I think I see what the deal is all about.

Im guessing its about the name of the pic... off that subject..

I still dont see where this game can be compared to a current gen game...let alone 80% of the xb360 games we've seen

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
SuperPac said:
Wow, I've never seen so much hatred of a nice little bonus thing being included in a game.
You may have missed the "Mario in NBA Street 3" threads. Rest assured certain "other" console fans did not. :p

Lil' Dice

Banned
sp0rsk said:

That's EXACTLY why in the 8 years i've been browsing gaming forums i've never felt the need to post my gf's pics.

How does the female spartan look different than a male one? Will her boobis flop put with a well placed kick to the chest plate?

Borys

Banned
GhaleonEB is right and wrong at the same time.

The models look great. That's next-gen, fully detailed and 3D-modelled. And OMG @ motion-blur. Now that's kick-ass!

The environments... no way, look at floor textures, look at the missing geometry. Compare them to 3DMark03, Doom 3 or hell even Halo 2 - they look BAD. And we're talking about a closed level here much, much smaller than levels in those games mentioned earlier.
To be absolutely frank with you - those earlier DOA4 shots had 10x nicer BG. This feels unfinished and not ready yet.

Look at the blocky shadow from the blue shield - I'd be really embarassed if this would end in a 2004 PC game.

..................................................................................

And Matlock should get his post edited cause that link is still there. I second Lil Dice's feelings - never post pics of my family on the net, fucking 12-yr old punks will piss on anything.

Master Chief, or, excuse me, female Spartan *rolls eyes* seems completely out of place. Joanna Dark would have been a better fit, especially given both titles are suppose to be launch titles.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
uh, that background was pulled straight from halo 2. i'm not altogether impressed with doa4's graphics, but that particular background isn't representative.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
ZombieSupaStar said:
any reason why its "female sparten" and not just master chief?

The masses will assume its master chief?

So they can put in a storyline that fits into the DOA universe. That also explains how everyone will know distinguish this Spartan from the MC.

APF

dorio said:
If it did people would be complaining about the shininess of the model. "Who greased these characters down?"
I know! And personally I'd never be able to handle that level of criticism; I'd immediately be drawn into the fetal position, rocking myself back and forth in a vain attempt at self-comfort, with empty pints of Ben & Jerry's strewn across the floor, and my tears smeared messily across my cheek.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
You know what her victory pose should be? The Spartan II's "smily face smear across the helmet" salute. That would be just so kickass. People who have read the novels should know what I'm talking about.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
The model is fine, the lighting is poor, but this is nothing new for a team ninja game, as has been said already.

raYne

Gek54 said:
Kind of like all fighting games?
I'm guessing he was talking about the shields in the environment, not the Spartan shields. I'd figure he meant to say "fail" instead of fall... heh.

Top Bottom