• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bleeding Edge Beta | OT | Overwatching the Xbox

nikolino840

does anyone else have an issue with unlocking this Hoverboard that you get by completing the 3 into missions? the last one (Finish 1 Game) doesn't complete for me. I finished multiple games and even tried not exiting at all and waiting for the game to kick me back to the main menu.
but it's still not completing
Do you mean the "knife" mission? Yes i can't found either...i think after the beta

Mista

Banned
does anyone else have an issue with unlocking this Hoverboard that you get by completing the 3 into missions? the last one (Finish 1 Game) doesn't complete for me. I finished multiple games and even tried not exiting at all and waiting for the game to kick me back to the main menu.
but it's still not completing
Nah it tracked properly for me

Banned
Nah...never understood this... i'm not a pro player so you can give me 250fps and i die in the first minute :D

144fps feels a lot smoother and your input response is ridiculously fast. games feel just way more tactile at such higher framerates. and in very fast and chaotic games that can make a difference at higher levels. if you play ranked and are very high level there for example.

Nah it tracked properly for me

I played on PC only so far. I did the other 2 objectives (tutorial and dojo) on console and then switched over... maybe that's the issue? but I've seen other people on reddit with this issue that all either play only console or only pc so... it's really weird

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
Nah...never understood this... i'm not a pro player so you can give me 250fps and i die in the first minute :D
Give a beginning guitar player an expensive piece of kit and he won't suddenly become Eric Clapton. However people who are already skilled at their craft or whatever will perform better with the right hardware/tools.

Also in the case of twitch shooters it's proven, by LTT, that a higher refresh rate monitor will make you a better player (in the long run). I doubt it would make much difference in this game though as it's not as precise as something like Quake or CS.

Last edited:

Banned
okay, so after like 10 matches today it finally unlocked the Knife board for me! yay... but I already bought a nicer one anyways :)

I hate the sound effects. They are too weak to give a sense of impact. The animations are great though
ShadowyGentleIguana-size_restricted.gif

Jigsaah

Gold Member
The game is nice...I am a lil concerned about the network code at this juncture though. Doesn't the game come out in March? It's a bit choppy sometimes.

Murder187

So I tried for like a hour or so fun dope game butt I do agree it needs to be a little faster other than that really fun cant wait yo get home later

Shmunter

Don’t have an Xbox so can’t attest to gameplay feel, but it fails as a spectator game. Not very engaging to watch and will have trouble building a following on twitch etc.

Hollowpoint5557

A Fucking Idiot
I did the first tutorial stage and that was it for me. Maybe just under 10 mins and I was all set. Theres nothing "wrong" with the game. The graphics, controls, sounds are all fine. As a multiplayer hack-n-slash it's just not my cup of tea. It wasn't a dumpster fire by any means. If it was free to play it still wouldnt convince me to put it on top of my backlog.

Last edited:
Game is fun once you get a decent team and a handle on the abilities....this game is really overwatch with a much more rock/paper scissors approach to battles

loving it

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Terrible game.. after playing it i had only one question. Why was this made?

Yeah not for me. But I hate MOBA's(which is what this is) in general since I'm more the lone wolf type of players and just can't get into them.

Kudos to the developers for trying something new I guess.

One thing I will say about the beta is it’s missing the music narration that games like overwatch/paladins ect has

when the game is tight or it’s a struggle you get the music hinting at what’s going on... being a beta I hope it was simply not ready yet

game has real promise though

Banned
One thing I will say about the beta is it’s missing the music narration that games like overwatch/paladins ect has

when the game is tight or it’s a struggle you get the music hinting at what’s going on... being a beta I hope it was simply not ready yet

game has real promise though

overwatch has no music either during matches.
most competitive games have no music in matches so voice chatting is cleaner.

but in this case some music and narration would very much enhance the game

Last edited:
Had a go this weekend, Seems to have all the same frustrations of overwatch with team mates not sticking together when you play with randoms. Won a few, lost a few and felt like it's the same old gameplay I've had a million times before. Can't be bothered with it.

BitDust

I played Bleeding Edge this last weekend and it really surprised me! The game style and the maps design is great with a really good pacing. BE feels competitive already just right after few games. I can't wait to play more!

Top Bottom