• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bill Murray is willing to do a Ghostbusters sequel

#Phonepunk#

Banned
He is a funny guy. But that’s about it, and he isn’t funny all the time. No idea why people call him a “genius”. He has been in a half dozen comedy classics. That’s about it. If anything he got lucky with his friend pool, it’s not like he wrote Ghostbusters or Groundhog Day or Scrooged. I’d more likely call Ramis a genius cos he actually came up with movies

Last edited:
No idea why people call him a “genius”.

Because he absolutely is a comedy genius. Stripes, Caddyshack, Meatballs, Groundhog Day, Scrooged, Kingpin, Tootsie, Rushmore, What About Bob, Little Shop of Horrors, Royal Tenenbaums.

The list goes on and on. It certainly does not stop at a 'half dozen'.

He may be the best comedy actor of all time. Sorry he hurt your feelings, but he's still fucking awesome.

Maybe it will turn out ok, but I think it’s a bit of a long shot at this point. Maybe if they get everyone (and I mean everyone) back on board, while bringing in a few younger characters that are going to learn on the fly from Peter, Ray, and Winston.
In the reboot, they should’ve made it men and women working together. Both bringing their strengths and weaknesses to the table. While the Old guard could’ve passed the torch properly. Would’ve made more sense that Ray was cooking up more ghost busting tech in the lab while Winston and Pete showed em how it’s done. But here we are...😄

VulcanRaven

Sigourney Weaver said in an interview that she, Bill Murray and Dan Aykroyd will return for the movie:
She’s also set to reunite with Bill Murray and Dan Aykroyd in the new Ghostbusters, due July 2020. “It’s going to be crazy working with the guys again!” she says. She won’t reveal any details except to confirm she’s reprising her role as hauntee Dana Barrett.

I hope Rick Moranis comes back too.

Last edited:
Because he absolutely is a comedy genius. Stripes, Caddyshack, Meatballs, Groundhog Day, Scrooged, Kingpin, Tootsie, Rushmore, What About Bob, Little Shop of Horrors, Royal Tenenbaums.

The list goes on and on. It certainly does not stop at a 'half dozen'.

He may be the best comedy actor of all time. Sorry he hurt your feelings, but he's still fucking awesome.

I agree with you, however I feel the need to say that Rushmore, Royal Tenanbaums, and Life Aquatic had more to do with Wes Anderson than Bill, though he’s great in all of them.

I agree with you though, Bill Murray is the man.

Last edited:

Lastyou1

Banned
A real Ghostbusters sequel was supposed to be done twenty or even twenty five years ago.

Right now, Bill and the others would be a bunch of old fat farts with decent recitational skills and no more fantasy or fresh idea.

Ernie Hudson looks good for his age
18757af61407174cea06d677e65babbd.jpg

murray_return.jpg
i bet the ghostbuster we will see the most of in this new movie is Ray.

I hope he's in it for more than a 3 minute cameo. I also hope Paul Rudd is playing his assistant. Should make for some good comedy!

#Phonepunk#

Banned
kind of amazing that they killed him in the last movie. ffs the Ghostbusters 'accidentally' kill him to prove a point. like what a great way to make your new team look competent, folks.

and that is before they watch another guy commit suicide in front of them! seriously, what the fuck even is that movie?

Last edited:

Birdo

Banned
I still think the original cast are just going to be sidelined. The film will mostly be about the kids.

4NQKdxq.jpg

Oh fuck yeah. I love Murray (for the most part at least), but his attitude towards ghostbusters has always struck me as particularly assholey.

Like, does playing Peter Venkman hurt you personally, Bill? Because you NOT playing the roles Is actively hurting the fans of the series.

I hope he at least feels bad for keeping the pin in this until after Ramis was dead.

Edit: if this shit goes through, I hope they can at least get Moranis back. I cant think of a better return to acting than ghostbusters 3.

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
I still think the original cast are just going to be sidelined. The film will mostly be about the kids.

4NQKdxq.jpg

The world has changed a lot, and I'm not even sure I would want a direct sequel with these guys anymore.

Vincent would be running for mayor and dealing with institutional racism or something, the Venkman's would be the parents of a whipsmart brainiac teenage girl who already understands the world of the paranormal better than our old crew, who does science experiments in her free time and develops new gadgets that makes the boys' heads spin, all while out-snarking her dad and teaching the rest of the crew something about chauvanism and girl power. Ray plays the kind old uncle who lends her all of his books and encourages her, and together they poke fun at Peter behind his back. Ray tries to reconnect with the spirit who gave him a blowjob, unsuccessfully. Egon returns as a CGI performance ghost to offer additional field support from the beyond, Janine breaks up with Lewis after he comes out as transhuman and believes himself to be a spectre.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Let me guess, they’re sidelined all movie, while we have to care about some new losers? Then they get killed off or retire to pass the baton to these same people we don’t care about?

These comeback movies all operate on the same depressing premise. Just let the original era stand.

magnumpy

I guess I'll watch Ghostbusters 3, but color me skeptical until it proves itself to me. I'm open to it at least.

Liljagare

Probably would be rather funny. I hope they do it.

I remember seeing this one reddit the other month. Imagine getting to meet the Ghostbusters when you were a kid...would have been fun.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Doing a 3rd movie without the amazing ladies is something Trump would do.

They ain't redoing Ghostbusters, they are the Ghostbusters.
Sadly some feminist did go (Leslie Jones voice)
”Gonna redo ghostbusteeeeers, better with women , will be huge. Those women can be ghostbusteeeeers too”
So annoying.
Thing is it can be done, I'm holding my tongue until I see this one because even with the original cast it can be worse still.

MisterHero

Wasn't Ghostbusters based on Dan Akroyd's father doing paranormal investigations or something? It seems really dumb to take something that personal out of his hands and pretend a handful of unrelated people know better. Albeit he has a hand in Ghost Corps which produced GB2016, but it was originally something he made with his friends.

I could say the same for any story taken out of the original creator's hands.

Top Bottom