• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bill Murray Confirms He's in Ant-Man and The Wasp in Quantumania

ManaByte

You know, recently I made a Marvel movie. I probably won’t tell you, but never mind. In any case, some people were quite surprised why I decided on such a project. But for me the thing was quite clear: I got to know the director – and really liked him very much. He was funny, humble, everything you want from a director. And with the cheerleader story “Bring It On – Girls United” he made a movie years ago, which I think is damn good. So I agreed, although I’m not interested in these huge comic book adaptations as an actor otherwise.”

“Let’s put it this way: the director is a good guy, and now I’ve at least tried out what it’s like to shoot a Marvel movie. But I don’t think I need that experience a second time. And to come back to your previous question: I have mostly had a pretty good knack for avoiding the nasties of this industry. Fortunately, most good artists are also good people. At least that’s how I experience it with my friends.”

He confirms it's Ant-Man and The Wasp in Quantumania by talking about how it's the same director who made Bring it On.

Ionian

Meh, Ant-Man is low tier and him, well being his whole soul fun-sucking-self.

Probably only has a cameo anyway, he's been a princess about roles for decades.

Lost in translation was good but was nearly a film built around him, such a miserable bastard.

Has he ever been in a film after Ghostbisters that he didn't look jaded and bored?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$

nush

Has he ever been in a film after Ghostbusters that he didn't look jaded and bored?

I think Ghostbusters success went to his head and he thought he could carry a movie as an "A lister" like Eddie Murphy. He's had 2 good movies since then Groundhog day and Lost in Translation, the rest of them have been as a jobbing bit part actor to pay the bills. Even Garfield was a misunderstanding by him to take that role.

Javthusiast

Banned
Bill Murray Ok GIF

Turnt

Between doing this and a third Ghostbusters movie I wonder if he’s having money issues or something.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I think Ghostbusters success went to his head and he thought he could carry a movie as an "A lister" like Eddie Murphy. He's had 2 good movies since then Groundhog day and Lost in Translation, the rest of them have been as a jobbing bit part actor to pay the bills. Even Garfield was a misunderstanding by him to take that role.
What about bob was pretty good.

Tschumi

"And with the cheerleader story “Bring It On – Girls United, which I think is damn good.” I wonder if he knew a lot of people would scan over the quotes :p

I'm surprised he wasn't straight up about it being about money...

I'm not gonna lie I thought the thread said 'Bull Murray is Anti-Man" and a can of worms was being opened :p

Last edited:

Turnt

Or he’s an actor doing his job?
Maybe so. it’s not like he’s never done franchises (like Garfield, mentioned above). But he has tended to be a bit more selective about roles that it seems he thinks are more interesting. Doing a Marvel film and a new Ghostbusters seems like a shift away from that and so I wondered if there’s a financial reason for the change

Meh, Ant-Man is low tier and him, well being his whole soul fun-sucking-self.

Probably only has a cameo anyway, he's been a princess about roles for decades.

Lost in translation was good but was nearly a film built around him, such a miserable bastard.

Has he ever been in a film after Ghostbisters that he didn't look jaded and bored?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I agree for the most part except I really do like him in What About Bob, but honestly I think Richard Dreyfuss carries that film more than Murray does.

Ionian

I agree for the most part except I really do like him in What About Bob, but honestly I think Richard Dreyfuss carries that film more than Murray does.

Not seen it, if you reckon it's worth a punt though will check it out.

Don't hate him as an actor, just he seems to be his miserable old self. I can't imagine what it would be like to hang around with him, can only take so much of him when he's on screen.

Not seen it, if you reckon it's worth a punt though will check it out.

Don't hate him as an actor, just he seems to be his miserable old self. I can't imagine what it would be like to hang around with him, can only take so much of him when he's on screen.

Definitely check out What About Bob? It's an awesome movie before Murray became pretentious. Saw it in the theater back in the day and its one of my favs of his. For good older movies of his check out Meatballs and Stripes, if you haven't seen those, those are great too. Loved him in Kingpin too which I consider his last good comedic role.

Last edited:

Ionian

Definitely check out What About Bob? It's an awesome movie before Murray became pretentious. Saw it in the theater back in the day and its one of my favs of his. For good older movies of his check out Meatballs and Stripes, if you haven't seen those, those are great too.

Pretty sure I watched the latter two a long time ago and can't remember anything about them so will definitely do. Cheers dude!

Queuing them up right now.

Good luck with that seed-less knacker failure up top in reply to this thread.

If things speed up and progress, he'll be out of the way before the start of December.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Eh. Personally, I thought Murray stopped being genuinely funny about a decade ago. He can act though, so when someone writes an interesting part for him (like in all of those Wes Anderson films) he can still be entertaining, but it's clear he isn't improvising that humor. His whole overly glib routine just got stale to me. Finally, the endless stories about him being needlessly cruel to others, waving his fame and influence over them to justify being an asshole on set, just turns me off to him as a person.

But I am sure plenty of people will brighten up when he appears on screen so whatever, and unless he ends up phoning things in because some kind of spate on set, I am sure he'll be entertaining.

Top Bottom