• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BIG rumor: Disgaea and SMT: Nocturne to re-release in September?

Tarazet

According to this thread (need to register first), Atlus is going to re-release SMT: Nocturne and Disgaea in small quantities in September. Apparently it was confirmed by an Atlus rep over the phone and again by email.

Yes, there should be more coming to stores in early September. We will most likely also have some for sale directly through us.

Regards,

Customer Service
Atlus USA, Inc.
15255 Alton Parkway, Suite 100
Irvine, CA 92618

If this news is true, then I'm going to need to start selling my CDs and old games to make room for three new games next month (DDS2, Nocturne, Disgaea).

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
I think that would be a good idea given the recent release of DDS/2 and Makai. The demand is there for at least a few more copies.

Any word if the rerelease of Nocturne will come with the OST? The rerelease may not decrease the LE's value if this is a regular edition.

Madame M

Banned
I am sad because the case of my copy of Disgaea was raped by the sony sticker because the insert came up above the plastic.

Stupid sony stickers

demi

Sealed La Pucelle
Sealed Phantom Brave
Sealed Disgaea
Sealed Digital Devil Saga
Sealed Nocturne
Sealed Makai Kingdom

Mustn't break the cycle. KEEP THE FAITH.

Tarazet

demi said:
Sealed La Pucelle
Sealed Phantom Brave
Sealed Disgaea
Sealed Digital Devil Saga
Sealed Nocturne
Sealed Makai Kingdom

Mustn't break the cycle. KEEP THE FAITH.

And then you sell them as a bundle for $4000 in 2050 right?

demi

krypt0nian said:
demi, you rock so hard! :lol
55a6oe.gif

White Man

<crosses fingers>

I need both these games. I felt like an idiot after I sold Disgaea, and I never had the opportunity to get Nocturne.

White Man said:
<crosses fingers>

I need both these games. I felt like an idiot after I sold Disgaea, and I never had the opportunity to get Nocturne.

There are used copies of Nocturne at Gamestops all over East King County if you get really desperate.

I bought Nocturne when it first came out, picked up Disgaea online a while back, and have had Digital Devil Saga 2 pre-ordered and fully paid for for a few months now. Yes, I am an Atlus whore :D

I've been thinking of snatching up copies of the DDS boxset I've seen floating around to sell later on eBay.

wipeout364

Hey, what is a good way to get those EB crap stickers off the case. Everytime I take them off they leave white sticky shit on the case.

G-Fex said:
DISGAEA.jpg

BOOYAH HAUL TODAY YOU PUNKS!

All those crappy stickers...still it's a good find, damn hard to find a copy in stores nowadays. Thank goodness I just ordered one sealed brand new from Outpost.com for $35 this year, though I think they stopped selling it now.

sonarrat said:
More like shitty, though given what it is, that's still a fair price.

Well, if the disc and booklet is new and all and the box is really bothersome and messed up, you can always remove the sleeve and put it all in a newer PS2 game case. There good as new!

Fularu

Banned
demi said:
lol9la.jpg

lol

i lied i dont have makai, waiting for eventual $20 drop

Lol I do

I have 2 copies od Disgaea (one opened, one sealed), 2 copies of La Pucelle (one sealed, one opened), SMT (sealed), DDS (sealed), PB (sealed) and Makai Kingdoms (Sealed). All are Special Edition when available... I should play them :(

demi

Fularu said:
Lol I do

I have 2 copies od Disgaea (one opened, one sealed), 2 copies of La Pucelle (one sealed, one opened), SMT (sealed), DDS (sealed), PB (sealed) and Makai Kingdoms (Sealed). All are Special Edition when available... I should play them :(

Now who's stupid? And you paid full price for those I'm going to assume?

cheap ass gamers win

Volt

Great Atlus, now bring more copies of La Pucelle and Phantom Brave over to PAL regions! Nocturne and Disgaea are actually the easiest ones to find, where I live.
And they better end up bringing Makai Kingdom, Atelier Iris and both DDS games to Europe kthxbye !

Shig said:
Odd, I haven't seen it ANYWHERE since around January.

It really depends on your location. Every once in a while a used copy will pop up in the Seattle area (which is how I got my copy), but other than that you're out of luck.

Tarazet

I've been wanting to check out Disgaea, but I've never really been able to stomach strategy RPGs. I'm finding it very tough getting into Phantom Brave, so I don't think Disgaea, Atelier or Makai would be right for me either. I think I'll stick with the non-strategy RPGs for now, ask for DDS2 and Nocturne for Christmas and leave it at that...

BTW, Riviera update: it doesn't look good. Despite the shipment on 8/4, Walmart.com went from "Pre-order now" to "Out of stock," and Amazon either didn't relist it yet, or they sold out just as rapidly.

Drek

Idioteque said:
Nocturne doesn't need to be re-released.

I see it everywhere.
What trippy ass bizzaro world do you live in? I've been looking for Nocturne without having to Ebay for it for most of this summer.

Hell, I tried finding it here when it first came out. Thats the problem with living in Maine, niche games get no play here, its all about the Madden and GTA.

If they rerelease Nocturne I'm jumping on that shit like a Victoria Secret model offering free blow jobs. Disgaea though? Thinking I'ma sell my copy right off just in case, I've beat the game, all set with playing it any more, I'd rather have the cash.

atomsk

Party Pooper
sonarrat said:
I've been wanting to check out Disgaea, but I've never really been able to stomach strategy RPGs. I'm finding it very tough getting into Phantom Brave, so I don't think Disgaea, Atelier or Makai would be right for me either. I think I'll stick with the non-strategy RPGs for now, ask for DDS2 and Nocturne for Christmas and leave it at that...

Atelier isnt strat

mrpeabody

NOWHERE around me has Nocturne, no online stores have it, and Ebay prices start at $53 plus shipping. Disgaea I see plenty of. I am very glad to hear this news.

Top Bottom