• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda Softworks responds to the Mick Gordon drama: "We reject the distortion of the truth and selective presentation of incomplete "facts.""

skit_data

xQEPKw2.gif

Cyberpunkd

Lol. The highschool he/she said drama..... don't even know who to believe. Quite pathetic, these people have so much money too and they can't just agree on something and shut up?
I remember my parents scolding me 30 years ago with something like this:

“Do you always need to have the last word like a fucking poster board? Sometimes you just stfu and move on”

Looks like the world didn’t learn this yet.

Also the ratio of words used to actual substance is high in this one.

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
For fuck's sake, Bethesda. You're supposed to a) resolve it, or b) ignore it. Not throw gasoline on the fire.

Bethesda trashtalking Mick felt wrong from the start. Wrong and petty.
If they have some receipts, it's worth seeing what they have to say.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
One sided they say, like theirs was for a while before a response was finally written? Then they pretend they are affected more than a person losing a (paying according to them) job and likely many job opportunities, by the previous account that was trashing him and until recently the only around?

Last edited:

brian0057

Banned
A bit absurd to be handling this whole thing in such a public manner.
More than likely, the private conversations broke down and now both parties are going public to force the hand of the other through the court of public opinion.

Last edited:
So lets see about this nonsense:
  • "...one-sided and unjust account..." - Says the company whose employee posted a tirade to Reddit.
  • "...full and complete documented evidence to disclose in an appropriate venue..." - What's an appropriate venue in this case? Sounds like bluffing to me. Especially given the receipts that Mick Gordon brought to his post.
  • "...incited harassment and threats..." - Mick clearly posted in his tweet thread that it wasn't an excuse for a hate campaign. This definitely looks like they're trying to direct the blame to him for those threats.

Lol. The highschool he/she said drama..... don't even know who to believe. Quite pathetic, these people have so much money too and they can't just agree on something and shut up?
Except one side had the receipts to back it up. And the damaged that was caused went far beyond personal pride and hurt his professional reputation.

Bethesda really looks bad here.

Last edited:
And to think this all started with Bethesda announcing that they would be including a copy of the soundtrack in the collector's edition. They're probably regretting that, lol.

Kacho

Oh shit!

We reject the distortion of the truth and selective presentation of incomplete "facts."
I fucking knew it!!!

We stand ready with full and complete documented evidence to disclose in an appropriate venue as needed.
I never doubted this for a moment. Mick Gordon's career is absolutely toast. Any company considering to work with him will reach out to Bethesda for the full details and it won't be pretty.

Enjoy working on indies, Micky boy.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Oh shit!

I fucking knew it!!!

I never doubted this for a moment. Mick Gordon's career is absolutely toast. Any company considering to work with him will reach out to Bethesda for the full details and it won't be pretty.

Enjoy working on indies, Micky boy.
What did you know? Zero evidence has been provided by either side.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Should I even give a shit about whatever this is?

Top Bottom