• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Switch casual/non-gamer games

mcjmetroid

Hi I'm going for a weeks holidays with the family with a range of different ages.
I'm trying to think of some casual games to get. Now these don't need to be the greatest games in the world just something to play for a few minutes if the weather is horrible and probably will be unfortunetly according to the weather man.

Looking for VERY casual or even non-gamer games.
The games the Wii used to be very good at.

So far I have:
1 2 Switch
Cluhouse games
just Dance 2021
Tetris Puyo Puyo

On my mind.

Are there any other ones?

mcjmetroid

Super Mario Party is pretty great if you're playing with non-gamers. Might be the most casual entry in the franchise.
Was thinking about Mario Party but I never got into the series from the old N64 days.
Too much characters talking before a game begins.

MY favourite casual mutiplayer game of all time might be Wario Wario for the Gamecube. Amazing 4 player title that they still can't replicate,

jigglet

Banned
Zelda BOTW. So easy to just roam around and mess about, even if you get stuck it's kinda fun.

Snipper Clips.

Tetris.

Animal Crossing.

Picross.

Impotaku

There's also moshikashite obake no shatekiya as well on switch another arcade conversion where you battle ghosts while playing a shooting gallery before you go onto a on rails boss battle. Unfortunately this one isn't in english but i have had hours of fun with it

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
All of the Overcooked games are on Switch and they're a lot of fun in multiplayer / co-op. Each player can use a single joycon which makes things easy, up to 4 players.

This is the one to get, as it has everything (both 1 and 2, as well as all DLC and new levels):

Kuranghi

I really enjoyed The Stretchers and Good Job! as well.

The Stretchers could be stressful with one person if you aren't well co-ordinated but the timers are optional anyway so you can take as long as you want really, it just affects score for the level. I added the japanese trailer because its funny as hell when they say the name of the game, it was the first look we saw of it and its easy to parse what it is without voiceover anyway. They released the english trailer later that day.

Good Job! is great fun and each level is relatively short so its a great pick up and play for 15 mins game:

Both these games rely on you loving interacting with physics and enjoying solving small systems-based puzzles to solve the level. The great thing about Good Job! is that you can learn tricks that mean you can sort of speed run the levels after first run and I enjoyed that a lot.

Bluecondor

Animal Crossing is a great casual game. You can play it for 15 minutes and have fun just catching all of the different bugs and fish and interacting with the NPCs and villagers. I have been playing it every day since April of 2020 - usually for 15 minutes or so just to see what is going on in the island.

ZoukGalaxy

Family ? Casual ?
You definitively WANT SNIPPERCLIPS PLUS

81AZwRUwi1L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Get it, NOW !
You're welcome.

Marvel14

Banned
Hi I'm going for a weeks holidays with the family with a range of different ages.
I'm trying to think of some casual games to get. Now these don't need to be the greatest games in the world just something to play for a few minutes if the weather is horrible and probably will be unfortunetly according to the weather man.

Looking for VERY casual or even non-gamer games.
The games the Wii used to be very good at.

So far I have:
1 2 Switch
Cluhouse games
just Dance 2021
Tetris Puyo Puyo

On my mind.

Are there any other ones?
The Touryst for the win.

MrA

I've heard good things about the calculator
But joking aside club house games is fantastic
If you can get labo cheap and like building stuff woth kids (if thos part os no go so is the whole thing ) the vehicle one is actually really good

Virtua racing is really accessible and supports 8 players on 1 switch

Top Bottom