• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beavis and Butthead Reboot Set at Comedy Central

I'm back my fellow bungholes.

VictoriousThornyDowitcher-small.gif

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
They are the only DVD series I still own the full set of. I love watching those episodes ever few months. I love the movie also.

looking forward to how this turns out!

Weiji

Banned
Yes!

Bring back Daria while they’re at it.

I fucking loved Daria when I was younger... is that being streamed anywhere?

But I feel like it wouldn’t be possible to re make it today. I mean Daria kind of represents the early part of the liberal curve that was pushing back against the nihilistic and materialistic 80’s. Intellectualism as a cure for the everyday lack of critical thought in society.

But it represents that in the most hopeful and positive light.

Today Daria would be screaming at passing cars while holding a BLM sign and scratching her nose ring.

She’d be complaining about how no one reads books anymore while watching trans lesbian Netflix docu-dramas.

The modern day has played out the intellectual dreams of the archetype and the result has been an unmitigated disaster of narcissistic self congratulation far grosser and more air headed then Quinn.

I love Daria, you see yourself reflected in her, which is the point obviously. But as Nostalgic as I am I think the whole world trying to be outsider intellectuals is what fucked our nation up. Really we all just need to shut the fuck up and get back to that 9-5 hussle, overthinking everything isn't healthy and it’s not helping either.

I fucking loved Daria when I was younger... is that being streamed anywhere?

But I feel like it wouldn’t be possible to re make it today. I mean Daria kind of represents the early part of the liberal curve that was pushing back against the nihilistic and materialistic 80’s. Intellectualism as a cure for the everyday lack of critical thought in society.

But it represents that in the most hopeful and positive light.

Today Daria would be screaming at passing cars while holding a BLM sign and scratching her nose ring.

She’d be complaining about how no one reads books anymore while watching trans lesbian Netflix docu-dramas.

The modern day has played out the intellectual dreams of the archetype and the result has been an unmitigated disaster of narcissistic self congratulation far grosser and more air headed then Quinn.

I love Daria, you see yourself reflected in her, which is the point obviously. But as Nostalgic as I am I think the whole world trying to be outsider intellectuals is what fucked our nation up. Really we all just need to shut the fuck up and get back to that 9-5 hussle, overthinking everything isn't healthy and it’s not helping either.

She's one of the few that actually care about Beavis and Butthead. It's pretty cool how she tries to help them out regardless of how they treat her.

Rran

This is amazing. I love the original show and I thought the 2011 reboot was great! As long as Mike Judge is handling it, I'm 100% behind this.

Finally, some 2020 news that doesn't suck. Come to Butt-head.

teezzy

Banned
Honestly, I love em both, but I'd rather see that weird King of the Hill reboot with Bobby being the new dad come forth. I love that concept so much.

nush

The only problem with the reboot was that they made Beavis too smart. Dumb him down again and it will all be good.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Missed the news (I was moving at the beginning of July and had no internet) and just found out about this randomly.

I am so excited.

Pallas

Sheesh I just saw this! I used to sneaky watch the original series as a kid, I loved it so much lol.

Beavis & Butthead on 2020 Comedy Central?!?!?!? HELL NO

That shit is going to be neutered all to hell.
I’m a little concerned with the potential but you only have to look at South Park to feel at least a bit optimistic that it won’t be neutered or watered down.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
I've been watching a lot of Beavis and Butthead lately. Beavis has some moments in some episodes that crack me up. He does a lot of impressions, his Dave Mustaine especially was fucking hilarious. I watched the episode where they forgot how to pee twice back to back it had me laughing so fucking hard.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
I think my favorite shit in B&B is when they nonchalantly stroll in to a situation and then it fucking just goes sideways immediately. Like the episode where they had to learn to swim, when Butthead starts drowning and Beavis charges into the pool and just starts floundering, lol.

Top Bottom