• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beavis and Butthead Reboot Set at Comedy Central

Jooxed

Gold Member

Beavis and Butt-Head are returning to TV.

Comedy Central announced Wednesday that the world’s favorite slacker teens are getting a reimagining at the cable network courtesy of original series creator Mike Judge. Comedy Central has ordered two seasons of the show as part of a new animation deal with Judge and 3 Arts Entertainment. The deal also includes potential spin-offs and specials.

As with the original series, Judge is set to write, produce and provide the voices for both iconic characters.

MasterCornholio MasterCornholio 's whole life has led up to this moment

Last edited:

UncleMeat

Yes!

tenor.gif

lock2k

Banned

Beavis and Butt-Head are returning to TV.

Comedy Central announced Wednesday that the world’s favorite slacker teens are getting a reimagining at the cable network courtesy of original series creator Mike Judge. Comedy Central has ordered two seasons of the show as part of a new animation deal with Judge and 3 Arts Entertainment. The deal also includes potential spin-offs and specials.

As with the original series, Judge is set to write, produce and provide the voices for both iconic characters.

MasterCornholio MasterCornholio 's whole life has led up to this moment
Just saw it. Great news.

And like I said in another thread, I hope they find a way to do music videos again and not shit like Jersey Shore (the 2009 reboot sucked ass).

As for the ones who are worried don't forget South Park still exists in the same network and they bow to no one.

Dude didn't they JUST have a reboot a few years ago?

Yes!

Bring back Daria while they’re at it.

They are, but they're replacing Jane with Jodie.

I thought Jodie was chill, don't get me wrong. But she was already a bit like Daria herself. The cool thing in Daria and Jane's relationship was that they were pretty opposite in their viewpoints and how they expressed them. Jodie was in a lot of ways a black Daria but a bit more muted and focused on a bit less range of topics.

Can they make it work? I hope so. But I've got my doubts especially depending on who the writers are.

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
Judge on board so it won't be embarrassingly woke, but honestly I don't care I'm not going to watch it.

Jooxed

Gold Member
Judge on board so it won't be embarrassingly woke, but honestly I don't care I'm not going to watch it.

Yeah, I don't really think Judge will let them bastardize his characters too much. but who knows in this day and age.

Well the later episodes and 2011 show were already heavily watered down so I expect it to just be more of that. I doubt the show will have any kind of impact these days but it might still be fun. Also Mike Judge was really struggling to recapture the Beavis voice in 2011 and I wonder how it will sound now. =P

Jooxed

Gold Member
Well the later episodes and 2011 show were already heavily watered down so I expect it to just be more of that. I doubt the show will have any kind of impact these days but it might still be fun. Also Mike Judge was really struggling to recapture the Beavis voice in 2011 and I wonder how it will sound now. =P

They had their moment's. There was one I wish i could find or remember when Beavis drilled or nailed a hole into his hand. But I can't find the clip

Jooxed

Gold Member

Haha it was this from the new season.. sorry for the terrible quality it was the only video I could find.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Nice, I've been revisting the series recently, I had a thread about it!

I just got to the episode where they went to mexico, lol.

Anyways, CC is probably the best place for this. Parker/Stone always talk about how they really don't get any notes or pushback from them. After losing Chappelle back in the day they don't get involved in people'e shit too much.

But again, I hope they have music videos and don't try to shoe horn in them heckling standup or something

petran79

Banned
Without music clip commentary it is not worth it. In today's climate most music clip producers and singers would be furious at the slightest hint of parody and satire

Grinchy

Banned
I thought the new season 10 years ago was pretty good, but I wasn't completely sold on the reality show riffing. It just felt like some studio executive pitching the "synergy" of using their own properties to save money and promote the properties at the same time.

I'm so down for this, though. I don't know what they'll be riffing, but I'll take what I can get.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
I'm pretty sure I owned the reboot season on DVD before I purged most possessions during a move... but I don't remember watching it

lock2k

Banned
I thought the new season 10 years ago was pretty good, but I wasn't completely sold on the reality show riffing. It just felt like some studio executive pitching the "synergy" of using their own properties to save money and promote the properties at the same time.

I'm so down for this, though. I don't know what they'll be riffing, but I'll take what I can get.

Music videos or bust.

I hated the part where they commented the shitty MTV programming from that time. It felt totally anachronistic.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
She's smart too
PhD Candidate in Classical Archaeology
Research Interests: archaeology of the late Roman empire and late antiquity; sanctuaries and sacred space; Greek and Roman religion; early Christianity; epigraphy and ancient graffiti; digital humanities
Dissertation topic: Greek sanctuaries in late antiquity

Last edited:

UncleMeat

I think the MTV reboot a few years ago was one of the their top rated shows but it was the wrong age demographic (too many "old" people watching) so I expect this to be successful.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Beavis & Butthead on 2020 Comedy Central?!?!?!? HELL NO

That shit is going to be neutered all to hell.
South Park is still going. I have some faith in it. Why didn't the Beavis and Buthead reboot from a few years back take off? Low ratings?

Top Bottom