• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 2042 | Season 5: New Dawn Gameplay Trailer

R6Rider

Gold Member

Screen-Shot-2023-05-26-at-10-16-38-AM.png

Been playing this a lot since December. Spring grenades sounds fun and the new map looks good.

Also, vault weapons getting the many 2042 attachments is a great addition.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Lots of BF 4 vibes in this vid.

Shame this is probably the last major update we get for 2042
A blessing in disguise really, cause that just means the next game is coming sooner than later. I'd imagine, at least I hope, that its quality will be even better than 2042 at launch.

I probably will check this out soon.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
They've brought this back pretty well. I was a hater at first and I wish it launched better. But I'm glad they've made it worthwhile.

Same, Ive been enjoying it a lot. Unfortunately just too little too late to bring the masses back I think.

They basically walked back all the things they did that made it not feel like battlefield, so its again starting to feel like battlefield lol.

Even though 2042 is belly up, it gives me a little bit of hope for the next one if they keep this new leadership team that was able to turn this one around.

I wish the people who make these trailers would just make the game because they are always sicker than the actual gameplay.

The new map and the updated Hour Glass map will be decent but at this point DICE needs to just focus on the next game.

Just focus it only a few years in the future or the same year as release, let's say 2026 and give me the U.S. Army/Marines and China or Russia. Just like Battlefield 4. Or even like BF2 with some Middle Eastern factions which I would much rather see than Europe and Asian nations.

Same, Ive been enjoying it a lot. Unfortunately just too little too late to bring the masses back I think.

They basically walked back all the things they did that made it not feel like battlefield, so its again starting to feel like battlefield lol.

Even though 2042 is belly up, it gives me a little bit of hope for the next one if they keep this new leadership team that was able to turn this one around.
I hope so. It at least has me curious. I'd kinda like to go back to modern time combat. That seems to be their niche.

Solarstrike

Gold Member
Anyone else having issues playing 2042? It's been about 3 days now where the server's say "0" players. Never, that I can remember, has a game server(s) been out of commision this long. Anyone know what's going on?

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Anyone else having issues playing 2042? It's been about 3 days now where the server's say "0" players. Never, that I can remember, has a game server(s) been out of commision this long. Anyone know what's going on?
I have been playing off and on last few days and I couldn't get into any games until I turned my antivirus off as it decided to start blocking it but I havent seen the zero players issue

splattered

Maaan this game still frustrates me. I haven't played it in several months so this weekend and today i decided to run a bunch of 64-conquest matches and the hit detection is just SO awful. I am sitting here as recon with a well equipped sniper in even SHORT range with a perfect headshot lined up and... nothing. Where did my bullet go? Chest shot? Nope poof vanished into thin air... OH but the enemy saw i was shooting at them so now they kill me in within a short squeeze of their trigger. Rinse and repeat. Sometimes the shot lands as aimed and its BEAUTIFUL. If the shots even landed 80% of the time i would love this game so much more! As it is, it's still great fun but goddamn i hate all the shit hit detection it nearly ruins it for me :(

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Maaan this game still frustrates me. I haven't played it in several months so this weekend and today i decided to run a bunch of 64-conquest matches and the hit detection is just SO awful. I am sitting here as recon with a well equipped sniper in even SHORT range with a perfect headshot lined up and... nothing. Where did my bullet go? Chest shot? Nope poof vanished into thin air... OH but the enemy saw i was shooting at them so now they kill me in within a short squeeze of their trigger. Rinse and repeat. Sometimes the shot lands as aimed and its BEAUTIFUL. If the shots even landed 80% of the time i would love this game so much more! As it is, it's still great fun but goddamn i hate all the shit hit detection it nearly ruins it for me :(

How did they hit you if the hit detection is awful?

Top Bottom