• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battleborn closing servers on January 2021

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Legit question but does anyone play Battleborn still? Also Jan 2021 is still more than a year from now, kinda early to announce it.

mcz117chief

It was awfully nice of them to keep the game running for the 100 or so people playing it though.

Last edited:
Not an outright awful game to be honest. The tankier characters and the more MOBA-like rules and general gameplay gave it a bit of an identity when directly compared with Overwatch, but releasing a competitive FPS Hero shooter alongside that fucking goliath of a game? That was the big ol' rusty nail in the coffin. It's like releasing "Timmy's First Platformer" at the same time as a mainline Mario game. We know who's gonna come out the other end as the victor.

Neolombax

I enjoyed my time with the game. I was pretty impressed that they eventually released a patch to change the consoles FPS performance from 30fps to 60fps. What killed my interest in it for me was the lack of interesting skins and customization.

xrnzaaas

Legit question but does anyone play Battleborn still? Also Jan 2021 is still more than a year from now, kinda early to announce it.
Companies usually give about a year of heads up unless they're in financial trouble or bankrupting.

Last edited:

Zephir

I got it from some old Humble Bundle but I was never able to run it due to my graphic card being too old...since I plan to upgrade around Christmas or a bit later, I'll finally give a shot to the Campaign...'cause I kinda liked what I played at 10fps and PSX graphic settings so, we'll see

Top Bottom