• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battalion Wars is broken

your units' ai is not responsive enough and as a result, you need to be in too many places at once. in addition, you're always way under stocked as far as units go and you have no way of gaining more troops.

the game would be great if your units' ai functioned better. the command interface is very intuitive and can be accessed quickly. the problem is that wave after wave of enemy troops pour in and your team, no matter how strategically placed, just can't keep up with the onslaught. you are left cycling though various units trying to keep things under control, but it seems as soon as you leave one unit to get things under control elsewhere, the area that you left becomes overwhelmed.

i really wanted to like this game. it's got some decent tech behind it and the gameplay scenario is solid. it just needs refined. if the gameplay is to remain as is, then i suggest kuju slow down the pace a bit for the sequel. i cannot be everywhere at once! i hope, however, that they work to make your units' ai 'smarter'.

am i the only who feels this way? perhaps i just suck at the game?

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
I feel exactly the same way you do about it. Shit AI, mediocre controls, etc. One of the biggest dissapointments of the year.

Top Bottom