• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BAFTA Game Awards 2023

yurinka

I mean, I feel like it's a breath of fresh air from the endless awards for Elden Ring and God of War with Horizon sprinkled in. Why do you feel Vampire Survivor winning that award is a joke? Purely curious.
Because I think that even if it's a good and fun indie game, it's a joke consider it a better game than the other ones that do a way better, more difficult and complex job in many areas.

It's one of the many cases we saw many years in the Bafta where a British game wins an award but if it wouldn't have been British pretty likely it wouldn't even have been nominated. It's so weird that it won GOTY but not 'best british game'.

I can tell what was their process when they chose one of the most unremarkable voice performances in the game over thor, odin, freya or sindri.

If their process was the best process, she would have never won, you know it, i know it, let's be real here...
I think the girl did a great job, but in my opinion the best support role in GoW by far was Odin. The actor did a stunning job and the character was a really great and unique villain. But maybe a white male wasn't 'diverse' enough and didn't have enough 'diversity' with Kratos (well deserved award, this guy is amazing), so they gave it instead ot character of the game with more 'diversity points'.

Last edited:
Thank god for award shows so I can watch the forums buuuurn!

A quick reminder that these things are meaningless regardless if your favorite game/actor/whatever wins or loses. Even the most shit on game of the year can hold value so long as someone enjoys it. Grats to the winners.

Elden Ring mentioned for multiplayer.
Are they talking about those invaded by so and so moments in the game?
I would rather have been invaded by one of the Squids in Splatoon.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Anyone who's played both VS and Ragnarok can tell VS is the clear better game.
Drink Reaction GIF by Laff

Top Bottom