• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Back4Blood listed as a day one gamepass title at launch

cormack12

Gold Member
Mods, I know there is a general gamepass title but this is a highly anticipated L4D clone so think this fits the note by EL in the official thread. If not though, feel free to merge. Vieo has been set to private now after the description was leaked via the B4B sub, but the original link was: (youtube)

9hwgj8so5r471.jpg

Last edited:

meernakh

This is a great choise for gamepass content. Its nice to know that everyone that has gamepass can jump in. Very easy to get a squad together.

The Shepard

I was gonna buy this at launch, £60 (Hopefully) saved! Outriders was the same, had that game on pre order.

Last edited:
But certain NeoGaf members try to tell me Gamepass is mostly filler garbage and it lowers quality because the game developers put their stuff on it and forces them to have a lower dev budget.

Great stuff! Can't wait for B4B.

Spidey Fan

Banned
I tried vermentide. as fun as its gets killing those goddamn hords, it wasnt that much fun. but it kept me on my toes during the game play though. Hope this game delivers the fun aspect. I love games that makes you scared and run like chicken.

hlm666

I tried vermentide. as fun as its gets killing those goddamn hords, it wasnt that much fun. but it kept me on my toes during the game play though. Hope this game delivers the fun aspect. I love games that makes you scared and run like chicken.
Made by different studios, fatshark made the vermintide games and the upcoming 40k one which the name defies me atm. Turtle Rock made left 4 dead games, they also made evolve. I'm not sure if back 4 blood has a pvp component but actually people playing the infected in the l4d games made the game way more intense than the total pve aspect of things like vermantide. Was also pretty fun getting to be the infected aswell.

Made by different studios, fatshark made the vermintide games and the upcoming 40k one which the name defies me atm. Turtle Rock made left 4 dead games, they also made evolve. I'm not sure if back 4 blood has a pvp component but actually people playing the infected in the l4d games made the game way more intense than the total pve aspect of things like vermantide. Was also pretty fun getting to be the infected aswell.
Warhammer 40K Darktide is the name of the new title from Fatshark.

Bryank75

Banned
Interesting.... I was thinking of buying it. I won't now though.... if another platform gets it for practically free, I certainly ain't paying 80 for it. Hahaha!

TheMan

Don’t see a dj Khalid gif yet but I’m sure it’s coming. Microsoft keeps doing it right with the gamepass

CAB_Life

And people thought I was crazy when I said we'd soon see all AAA games from third parties on Gamepass from day one. We're getting closer to dream!
This is/ was clearly the goal with the service, yes. It just takes a bit of time to ramp up launch day deals and 1st party content. Quite excited to see where the service is at in a year or two. I already have more games than I have time to play, but at least I'm never bored. Dark Alliance was a nice (recent) surprise, since I love me 3rd person fantasy titles, especially with co-op.

ManaByte

Shame about Evolve. I liked it a lot.

MiguelItUp

With them basically saying Darktide will be hitting GP, I can't say I'm too surprised about this. But, I am just a bit, haha. Pretty wild. I've already preordered it, but I have no regrets. 😎

Apparently the showcase they're showing for E3 this weekend will showcase PVP.

Last edited:

hlm666

Shame about Evolve. I liked it a lot.
The release and marketing around all the different versions and DLC really hurt that. Dead by Daylight have managed to do exactly what the goal was, except they didn't come out the gates trying to squeeze everyone. They waited a bit and then didn't try use every form of mtx imaginable.

Makes sense as these online multiplayer games thrive as either F2P or GaaS. Should probably go F2P on all consoles. There is already too much competition in the F2P online market for these games to thrive at full price.

Top Bottom